PDA

View Full Version : Flash Mob turns violent

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-27-11, 17:07
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110927_Chased_home__Mob_attacks_man_in_his_house.html?cmpid=124488459

The police are saying that this isn't a racist issue. Flip the script and imagine a white mob attacking a black man and his family and screaming racial slurs...Obama would be speaking on the victims behalf before we even knew it happened.

kwelz
09-27-11, 17:13
How was that a Flash Mob?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-27-11, 17:26
How was that a Flash Mob?

Well, it was instantly formed, it was a mob, and it was for pointless violence and crime. Heres the definition since you can't use google:

A flash mob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, artistic expression or—in rare cases—violence.

But we can call it an angry mob, violent mob, racist mob, or whatever pleases you. But I suppose thats not what this thread is really about is it? If you want to post to simply discuss semantics, start a new thread.

kwelz
09-27-11, 17:28
I see what you are saying but a flash mob (in contemporary terms) is something that is planned and organized ahead of time. This is just a bunch of idiots spontaneously getting together to try to hurt people.

BCmJUnKie
09-27-11, 18:10
I hate semantics.

Anyways....that would suck.

I know exactly what thats like cause I have witnessed it.

Sounds like the mother is a big pile of stinking shit and now her kids are the same.

Big crackheads make little crackheads. The cycle never stops.

These are the people that need to be exterminated, they dont contribute to society, they only drain it with their welfare and taxpayers money after incarceration.

It makes me physically SICK.

BrianS
09-27-11, 18:16
It doesn't really say in the article how word spread of the incident they were supposedly retaliating for. If they started texting each other or using social media to gather their forces it was a flash mob.

When he got home, LaVelle said, the mother yelled at him, " 'You white mother------, you got my kid locked up! You got my son locked up because he's black, you're white!' "

LOL! Cocaine is a Hell of a drug!

Moose-Knuckle
09-28-11, 02:15
A sign of the times, buckshot and slugs do wonders.

variablebinary
09-28-11, 04:09
A sign of the times, buckshot and slugs do wonders.

And don't forget what teacher said in 2nd grade.

"Bring enough for everyone"

Ironman8
09-28-11, 07:55
My finger would have been moving as fast as it could as the first one busted the door down....

Mauser KAR98K
09-28-11, 09:09
My finger would have been moving as fast as it could as the first one busted the door down....

No kidding.

Honu
09-28-11, 09:13
saw that on the blaze yesterday :) and thought hmmmm home defense
I like how one of the perps mom comes back and threatens him !!!!

I had that happen one time when I had a retail store
a guy came in trying to sell me my buds skateboard that was stolen !
called the cops the guy tried to run and got arrested !!!
next day this guy comes in screaming his head off he is going to kill me for putting his kid in jail ! etc.. lucky the tile shop guy next to me heard the commotion called the police and he got arrested
cops were good friends and said they both had records !!
OH the first guy with the stolen board used his about 4 year old kid to do the stealing !!!!!

so sadly I think their have been low quality people for a while just seems they are the norm rather than not these days

CarlosDJackal
09-28-11, 10:35
And this is why, whenever possible, I started carrying two spare magazines for my Glock 19. I figure that 46-rounds of 127-grain +P+ Winchester SXTs should give me enough firepower to get myself out of this type of a situation.

I can guarantee that if a mob breaks down my front door they will be met with either some 00 Buck out of my Remy and/or a hail of Federal 55-grain TBBC out of my LWRC M6A3 SBR.

Glad the guys wasn't hurt more than this. These racist assholes need to be charged with Hate Crimes!! :mad:

BCmJUnKie
09-28-11, 11:02
. These racist assholes need to be charged with Hate Crimes!! :mad:

Ya wouldnt THAT be nice, I think you have to be black or gay to file a hate crime.

Didnt you know?? Its only racist if youre WHITE

Nathan_Bell
09-28-11, 12:09
I see what you are saying but a flash mob (in contemporary terms) is something that is planned and organized ahead of time. This is just a bunch of idiots spontaneously getting together to try to hurt people.

You have been beating this horse for months (Not Kwelz, I accuse the wrong dude on this). The original definition was what you proclaim it to be, but it is no longer the meaning.
The current usage is more accurate and will be the way the term is remembered. Mainly because it more accurately describes the phenomenon, and the "I am so pretensiously artistic I need a catchy label for my unpaid performances" usage is inaccurate in its description of the actual activity.

Irish
09-28-11, 12:44
Another prime example of why you should always carry the best means of self defense known to modern man.

QuietShootr
09-28-11, 12:51
Another prime example of why you should always carry the best means of self defense known to modern man.

http://www.tacticalgearcommand.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000002/ANPRC-15_f.jpg

?

Irish
09-28-11, 13:02
Not exactly what I had in mind. ;)

kwelz
09-28-11, 13:11
You have been beating this horse for months. The original definition was what you proclaim it to be, but it is no longer the meaning.

Ummm I have never talked about Flash mobs on this site(or anywhere else really) What are you talking about?

Nathan_Bell
09-28-11, 13:22
Ummm I have never talked about Flash mobs on this site(or anywhere else really) What are you talking about?

My bad, got you confused with someone else.

Irish
09-28-11, 13:56
Similar incident only this time a 2 year old was shot. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110928_2-year-old_shot_in_mob_brawl_in_S__Philly.html

Sry0fcr
09-28-11, 14:16
It's too bad Mr. LaVelle wasn't prepared to defend himself and his family, he should consider himself lucky. If the police had arrived moments later he might not have been around to tell the tale. Like most sheep it takes something like this happening before they take it seriously.

ra2bach
09-28-11, 14:53

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTt47b_KzEAd83LQFscespG5zCytgpkwrfwudxOe7F3hlJooec4w

?..

variablebinary
09-29-11, 03:36
Ya wouldnt THAT be nice, I think you have to be black or gay to file a hate crime.

Didnt you know?? Its only racist if youre WHITE

Sorta true...unless you beat up a transgender person.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/mcdonalds-transgender-hate-crime-attacker-finally-charged-with-hate-crime/news/2011/05/16/20297

Gay trumps Blackness

Honu
09-29-11, 05:23
Similar incident only this time a 2 year old was shot. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110928_2-year-old_shot_in_mob_brawl_in_S__Philly.html

tell ya places like philly seem like the toilet in train spotting !