PDA

View Full Version : NC Governor wants congressional elections suspended...

Belmont31R
09-27-11, 18:59
:rolleyes:

The democrat controlled Senate hasn't even passed a budget in around 900 days....so lets suspend the Constitution so they can work on it some more....what kind of dumb ass is she?

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

http://nation.foxnews.com/north-carolina/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-focus-jobs

VooDoo6Actual
09-27-11, 19:02
Weird and completely ridiculous

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-27-11, 19:45
Is it apparent to anyone else that the people whom we elect are the ones that should have been thrown into a pit after birth?

Watrdawg
09-27-11, 20:11
She's an idiot. She'll be out the door after this election along with Nobama.

5pins
09-27-11, 20:55
She's an idiot. She'll be out the door after this election along with Nobama.

Hence the reason she doesn’t want an election. What a stupid thing to recommend.

GermanSynergy
09-27-11, 21:01
Anyone surprised she's a Democrat? :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
09-28-11, 02:27
I surmise all "free elections" being suspended sooner than later. Once the sheep awaken from the slumber it will be on like Donkey Kong.

More signs of the times. . .

NWPilgrim
09-28-11, 03:17
Once the sheep awaken from the slumber it will be on like Donkey Kong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unbelievable that a US Representative could even think this let alone say it in public and "hope there will be others that think like I do." Wow.

Sounds like the burglars of our tax money hear the man of the house stirring and all of a sudden the big heist doesn't look like so much fun anymore. Hopefully there will be some ass whippin' at the polls next year.

Even Germany is calling Obama and Geithner's "spend, spend, spend" strategy "sTupid" with a capital "T". More and more people are beginning to realize how failed our government "leaders" are. Bankrupt morally, of honor, of truth, and any principle beside themselves first, at any cost to others.

I was becoming convinced we will see this collapse dragged out in slow motion as the governments do everything they can to print money, borrow more, and spend at increasing amounts to prop up some vestige of normalcy. But with cracks like this appearing so soon then perhaps it will unfold faster than I expect and lynch mobs and riding politicians out of town on a rail tarred and feathered might come into vogue again. I can hope.

Whether sooner or later when the collapse and cost to the peasant folk is fully realized, and freebies dry up, there will be turmoil and violence. I'm kicking my preps into a higher gear in the last couple of weeks. Been prepping since 1997, but lagged some years. Started again in earnest in 2007, but now it seems the collapse has already happened and we are just waiting to see it unfold.

We have already gone over the cliff edge. Now we get to see how long a ride it is to the bottom.

Irish
09-28-11, 03:59
Anything I have to say about this woman or her ideas is against current U.S. law, use your imagination. :dirol:

Sensei
09-28-11, 07:20
The local news (very liberal Charlotte Observer) has her staff claiming that the statement was made in jest. However, I saw at least one report saying that her tone was flat and the crowd did not respond with laughter.

Overall, Bev had a bad year. Her attempt to veto the trimmed budget got overturned along with her attempt to veto emergency department malpractice reform. Hopefully, these ill-advised comments will put a nail in her political coffin to prevent future runs for the US Senate or other higher office.

Ironman8
09-28-11, 08:01
I'll repost what I wrote in another thread because I think it is maybe even more relevent here...

I think alot of people (especially the Libs) have underestimated how much the American People have "woken up" and are taking part in the REAL change here in America. More people than ever are talking about getting back to true Constitutional principles. Just look at New York's 9th Congressional district electing a REPUBLICAN (Turner) in place of Weiner! If it can happen there, just imagine how the rest of the country will look after this next Congressional AND Presidential election.

There are only two things that I worry about:

Electing a "Conservative Republican" President who is a "wolf in sheeps' clothing".

And/or the "Elitist Liberals" seeing the American People awake and angry and react by causing some kind of collapse (pick your poison here) so that elections are suspended and they stay in power.

chuckman
09-28-11, 08:42
Her press people are claiming it was a joke; regardless, just being so stupid enough to utter it in today's political climate shows a state-of-mind that is horribly out of touch and dangerous.

GermanSynergy
09-28-11, 09:02
The local news (very liberal Charlotte Observer) has her staff claiming that the statement was made in jest. However, I saw at least one report saying that her tone was flat and the crowd did not respond with laughter.

Overall, Bev had a bad year. Her attempt to veto the trimmed budget got overturned along with her attempt to veto emergency department malpractice reform. Hopefully, these ill-advised comments will put a nail in her political coffin to prevent future runs for the US Senate or other higher office.

I read her statement. I didn't perceive it as a "ha ha" type deal, with a punch line.

Say that 2012 comes around and elections are in fact suspended? What does she do then? Sort of like a dog chasing a car.....

Watrdawg
09-28-11, 11:40
Peter Orzag, Former Obama budget director, has also parroted a similar statement. He states that "We may need less democracy to counter gridlock". Looks like this is a theme coming about from more than one source. I wonder if she is the sacrificial lamb chosen to float this ballon and see what kind of reaction comes about.

Belmont31R
09-28-11, 11:54
This is what Orzag said:

"So what to do? To solve the serious problems facing our country, we need to minimize the harm from legislative inertia by relying more on automatic policies and depoliticized commissions for certain policy decisions. In other words, radical as it sounds, we need to counter the gridlock of our political institutions by making them a bit less democratic," he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/28/gop-no-joke-for-north-carolina-guv-to-suggest-suspending-elections/

Anyone who votes for these commies is basically saying they want to end the structure of government we have, and replace it with a communist style committee with unlimited power. All the talk about Obama being a failure because of Congress is another hint at what they really think about our Republic. Notice they never call it that, either. Its always democracy.

What kind of country would this be if this chamber had voted down Social Security or Medicare just because it violated some rigid idea about what government could or could not do?

The_War_Wagon
09-28-11, 11:56
Our forefathers KNEW the proper response to such pawns of the throne... :mad:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/7/129203996219503389.jpg

GermanSynergy
09-28-11, 11:57
Sounds like the Democrats want to pass some kind of Enabling Act. The Germans did it in 1933 to "counter gridlock" and "reduce democracy" too.

Irish
09-28-11, 12:03
The future is bleak...

Irish
09-28-11, 13:54
Her press people are claiming it was a joke; regardless, just being so stupid enough to utter it in today's political climate shows a state-of-mind that is horribly out of touch and dangerous.

Here's the audio here: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/new-audio-nc-governor-struck-serious-tone-on-suspending-congressional-elections/

It was NOT a joke.

Watrdawg
09-28-11, 14:59
Definitely no Joke.. She was 100% SERIOUS.

NWPilgrim
09-28-11, 15:15
Comrade Orzag:

...we need to minimize the harm from legislative inertia by relying more on automatic policies and depoliticized commissions for certain policy decisions. In other words, radical as it sounds, we need to counter the gridlock of our political institutions by making them a bit less democratic," he wrote.

Sounds a lot like The Federal Reserve being apolitical (private cartel monopoly) and or UN NGOs (like Global Warming orgs). Or the UN itself.

Don't these commie bastards watch Red Dawn (original) and realize they end up eating a lot of lead? :lol:

crusader377
09-28-11, 22:51
:rolleyes:

The democrat controlled Senate hasn't even passed a budget in around 900 days....so lets suspend the Constitution so they can work on it some more....what kind of dumb ass is she?

http://nation.foxnews.com/north-carolina/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-focus-jobs

This really doesn't surprise me at all anymore. The problem is the rule of law is vanishing very quickly in this country and it seem like 80% of the population doesn't care. What is replacing the rule of law is arrogence and a reckless pursuit of power.

We have recently seen this pursuit of power in all aspects of American life from extensive corporate welfare given to politically connected companies, to illegal law enforcement operations like "Operation Fast and Furious" to the increasing amount of fear mongering at TSA and Homeland security in getting people to surrender more of their rights to government intrusion. These are only a few of the numerous examples. There is no doubt in my mind that there are certain member of the political elite especially among the left that if they had an opportunity to suspend elections would do it in order to further advance their agendas.

Irish
09-28-11, 23:11
We have recently seen this pursuit of power in all aspects of American life from extensive corporate welfare given to politically connected companies, to illegal law enforcement operations like "Operation Fast and Furious" to the increasing amount of fear mongering at TSA and Homeland security in getting people to surrender more of their rights to government intrusion. These are only a few of the numerous examples. There is no doubt in my mind that there are certain member of the political elite especially among the left that if they had an opportunity to suspend elections would do it in order to further advance their agendas.

Nice to see your tracking as well. We have a rough road ahead of us.