PDA

View Full Version : how long have you guys waited for your deltons

soldier-of-the-apocalypse
09-27-11, 19:00
I ordered 2 del ton 20"rifle kits on 8/22/11 so that makes it 6 weeks and 1 day today, so I called them today to try to see if i can any kind of eta. They said there barrel blanks are back ordered and they dont know when they will be in:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:. So im just wondering how long other people have waited

Stan9106
09-27-11, 19:05
You will find very few people on this forum who patronize Del-ton.

polydeuces
09-27-11, 19:16
Just wondering - did you do any reading here before you posted this?
Have you done any research on their products?

BountyXP
09-27-11, 19:27
I ordered 2 del ton 20"rifle kits on 8/22/11 so that makes it 6 weeks and 1 day today, so I called them today to try to see if i can any kind of eta. They said there barrel blanks are back ordered and they dont know when they will be in:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:. So im just wondering how long other people have waited

Hate to be "that guy," but I wouldn't get a Del-Ton for several reasons and this type of customer service only adds to it. Don't want to poo-poo on your purchase but hopefully you paid via credit card. Cancel your order and if they refuse to provide a full refund, dispute with your credit card company and get your funds back to buy a quality Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, etc that is in stock and supports their product.

txbrenek
09-27-11, 20:24
Hate to be "that guy," but I wouldn't get a Del-Ton for several reasons and this type of customer service only adds to it. Don't want to poo-poo on your purchase but hopefully you paid via credit card. Cancel your order and if they refuse to provide a full refund, dispute with your credit card company and get your funds back to buy a quality Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, etc that is in stock and supports their product.

How I look at it get what you want .If you are happy with Del-Ton than get it :neo:

DeltaSierra
09-27-11, 20:30
Get a refund, and buy quality parts from a reputable guy like Grant at G&R Tactical: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

Not to bash your purchase, but Del-Ton is junk.

Their customer service (obviously) is poor, and their quality is about as good as their customer service.

polymorpheous
09-27-11, 20:31
Cancel your order and if they refuse to provide a full refund, dispute with your credit card company and get your funds back to buy a quality Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, etc that is in stock and supports their product.

What he said.

Iraqgunz
09-27-11, 21:29
I don't know if it's that time of the month or what, but there seems to be some weird threads being posted that seem "overly emotional".

In any case do some research about Delton and you'll find out that not many people are in line waiting for them.

lethal dose
09-27-11, 21:49
Two del tons or a colt? Two del tons or an LMT? Two del tons or a BCM? Two del tons or a DD? Two turds or a lump of gold?... see where I'm going with this? Tale the advice given aside from the gentleman with the bushmaster avatar.

jklaughrey
09-27-11, 21:53
What armed forces branch does one serve in to be a "soldier of the apocalypse",and do they have cookies?

Oh yeah, Del-ton...waiting for Del-ton. Why is he waiting Arfcom guys buy/sell those parts all day long.

peabody
09-27-11, 22:24
i like del-ton... i've had nothing but good dealings with them.

great products.

love my dissipator barrel i got from them.very accurate.

for a good AR you dont needs a name brand.

buy what you want.

peabody

polydeuces
09-27-11, 23:18
Do we REALLY need to do this dance again....and again....and again...and again....really?
"SEARCH"

Perhaps close this one before it takes up more space than it's worth:blink:
Please...

Joker
09-28-11, 04:55
I too am surprized to read the negativity about Delton. Up till this thread, I've never heard a bad thing about them or their customer service. Perhaps the backorder is indicative of just how popular they actually are.

I do know they have had backorder issues for several months.

I bought one about a year or so ago before the wait time was so long. I think I got mine in a couple weeks or so. I've probably got close to 2,000 rds through it without issue. In fact its one of the most accurate carbines I own with the right ammo.

msstate56
09-28-11, 05:42

peabody

You're right, all of us buying BCM, Colt, DD, Noveske are just paying for the name. All ARs are really just the same, parts are parts. That gun show no name frankengun is just as good as the "Name Brand" guns. :rolleyes:

Army Chief
09-28-11, 05:49

This really has nothing to do with name brands. For known quality, however, you do need to be dealing with a vendor/supplier with a reputation for something other than hobby-grade parts. A properly-tested component produced according to a known standard may cost a few dollars more up front, but it will generally deliver a lifetime of predictable service. That is not the case with steeply-discounted "lookalike" components, and it is simply not possible to save enough money as to make the deliberate introduction of this kind of margin of error worthwhile.

AC

The_War_Wagon
09-28-11, 06:52
Are they sending out unsolicited, free samples?!?! Well I haven't gotten MINE then!!! :p

Winnerkd
09-28-11, 07:05
I too am surprized to read the negativity about Delton. Up till this thread, I've never heard a bad thing about them or their customer service. Perhaps the backorder is indicative of just how popular they actually are.

I do know they have had backorder issues for several months.

I bought one about a year or so ago before the wait time was so long. I think I got mine in a couple weeks or so. I've probably got close to 2,000 rds through it without issue. In fact its one of the most accurate carbines I own with the right ammo.

Popularity really has no bearing on quality. McDonald's hamburgers are popular, but are they good? No, they are garbage that shouldn't be fed to death row inmates.

Delton is, and I say this with as much emotion as I can muster at eight AM... ''meh''.

Army Chief
09-28-11, 08:23
Again, this has nothing to do with emotion, brand loyalty or personal sentiment; it has to do with buying components of known origin, and which are being marketed by people who understand the importance of producing to a quality standard, rather than a price point. These need not always be mutually-exclusive aims, but more often than not, that is what we discover when we dig a bit deeper. Discount-grade ARs are not suitable for serious defensive and/or duty purposes, and it is for this reason that we do not recommend them.

Let's kindly strip the pissiness and sarcasm out of this discussion, time now. This needs to progress as a factual discussion, and not as an airing of opinion-based butthurtances.

AC

nolt
09-28-11, 08:27
edit: post after AC scolding. aborted. =]

seriously though to the OP i would recommend reading the various stickies that address and discuss the qualities of various branded components and rifles.

read all of these:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

...some of them have nothing to do with what youre asking but theyre quite informative.

C4IGrant
09-28-11, 08:29
There are people waiting for Del-Ton products????? Who knew. :confused:

C4

Norman
09-28-11, 08:35
Soldier,
I recommend you cancel that order and go with a better company like BCM or PSA. They have stuff in stock.

Dos Cylindros
09-28-11, 09:50
Notice how the OP has not responded yet and we are on page two? I think this POS thread can safely be closed.

turdbocharged
09-28-11, 10:20
i like del-ton... i've had nothing but good dealings with them.

great products.

love my dissipator barrel i got from them.very accurate.

buy what you want.

peabody

Sir, you NEEDS to check your grammar.

Thank you.

turdbocharged
09-28-11, 10:28
There are people waiting for Del-Ton products????? Who knew. :confused:

C4

They are the same people who frequent the Medina,OH gun shows and use their baby strollers as crowd control. :eek:

09-28-11, 10:37
geez I've never heard such bad thing about del ton until now. i bought these rifle kits mostly to trade for something better since i have a ruger sr556 that is my real baby. So i guess my next question is who makes a better upper for under 500 bucks

munch520
09-28-11, 10:39
geez I've never heard such bad thing about del ton until now. i bought these rifle kits mostly to trade for something better since i have a ruger sr556 that is my real baby. So i guess my next question is who makes a better upper for under 500 bucks

Welcome to the forum. Search or you'll experience a verbal beatdown. :help:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-complete-uppers.php

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-16-Mid-Length-Group-s/27.htm?searching=Y&sort=1&cat=27&show=100&page=1

turdbocharged
09-28-11, 10:41
BCM mid-length upper is under 500$ on their site I believe.

krichbaum
09-28-11, 10:46

Why not buy "something better" to start with? I don't get it...

munch520
09-28-11, 11:04

:blink: probably because

I've never heard such bad thing about del ton until now.

People come here and are educated, which is great. I don't get pissy until someone comes in, asks for advice, then defends a dumb purchase. Lucky for OP, his stuff is backordered and he still can cancel it.

09-28-11, 11:08

i did why didnt you read my post i have a fully decked out ruger sr 556 is that not good enough im looking to profit off of these rifles

09-28-11, 11:13
BCM mid-length upper is under 500$ on their site I believe.

i have magpul rifle handguards that i ordered so I'm now confined to 20" uppers and quite frankly im sick of m4orgerys at the moment

C4IGrant
09-28-11, 11:15
If you are looking to just turn around and sell them, stick with Del-Ton.

C4

totenkopf_u64
09-28-11, 11:19
Soldier, peddling Soldier, please sprinkle a little grammar in their for us.

Also, you ought to know what you're selling to people; especially if you're just trying to make a buck off of them.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-28-11, 11:22
i did why didnt you read my post i have a fully decked out ruger sr 556 is that not good enough im looking to profit off of these rifles

how are you going to profit off of Del-ton kits? I mean I know there are a lot of retards out there but do you really have that many stupid people in your area that are willing to pay a marked up price on a bottom dwelling AR in order to make your time worth it?

C4IGrant
09-28-11, 11:41
how are you going to profit off of Del-ton kits? I mean I know there are a lot of retards out there but do you really have that many stupid people in your area that are willing to pay a marked up price on a bottom dwelling AR in order to make your time worth it?

Not everyone knows which companies are at the bottom and which ones are at the top.

Had a customer in the shop on Monday. We were talking about training, instructors and AR's. He said that he was talking to a local firearms instructor and he advised him that he needed to sell his DD AR and go with BM as they were the best and what the Military uses. :jester:

C4

CrazyFingers
09-28-11, 12:07
i have magpul rifle handguards that i ordered so I'm now confined to 20" uppers and quite frankly im sick of m4orgerys at the moment

So, you're limiting the type of upper you are willing to purchase based on a pair of ~$40 handguards? That's an interesting set of priorities.

1911-A1
09-28-11, 12:26
I wish sites like this existed back when I got into ARs, and spent too much on a Bushmaster, then later on Del Tons and DPMS and the like. I just didn't know any better and could really have benefited from a knowledgebase like this.

The posters here have done the homework for you. There's no need to go through the learning curve all by yourself. Benefit from the experience here and save yourself a lot of time and money.

lethal dose
09-28-11, 12:41
I'd consider selling the ruger, too. That money could go much further.

Iraqgunz
09-28-11, 12:57
This thread is silly and serves no purpose. Apocalypse guy- sally forth with your plan to make money from selling Delton kits and let everyone know how successful it was.