PDA

View Full Version : Here comes 1 billion in loans to more solar companies....

Belmont31R
09-28-11, 14:15
Simply amazing. End of the fiscal year is end of this week so every gov agency is spending this week trying to get as much money out as possible.

What section of the Constitution allows the government to give out loans to specific businesses to tunes of billions of dollars a year?

WASHINGTON - Facing a Friday deadline, the Energy Department has approved two loan guarantees worth more than $1billion for solar energy projects in Nevada and Arizona.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/130717383.html

When is this shit going to stop? :mad:

parishioner
09-28-11, 14:35
Since the last investment in a solar panel company ended in bankruptcy and put the taxpayers on the hook for $535,000,000 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/27/us-solyndra-bankruptcy-hearing-idUSTRE78Q4BW20110927) I would imagine the only logical step is to do it again, right?

BrianS
09-28-11, 14:42
Since the last investment in a solar panel company ended in bankruptcy and put the taxpayers on the hook for $535,000,000 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/27/us-solyndra-bankruptcy-hearing-idUSTRE78Q4BW20110927) I would imagine the only logical step is to do it again, right?

If leftist policies don't work, leftists always say it was because the policy didn't go far enough. You can even see this in the way they talk. President Obama is "doubling down" on stimulus. Chuck Schumer said the President "has a good hand and is going 'all-in.'"

LHS
09-28-11, 19:48
What section of the Constitution allows the government to give out loans to specific businesses to tunes of billions of dollars a year?

The commerce clause. It's a better use of the clause than the hideous Stewart/Gonzalez verdicts...

crusader377
09-28-11, 21:58
I think we need to look at a quote by Albert Einstein

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Looks like the Fed's are going to piss away another billion dollars.:mad:

Belmont31R
09-28-11, 22:57
The commerce clause. It's a better use of the clause than the hideous Stewart/Gonzalez verdicts...

The Commerce Clause was never intended for loans to a single company based on political ideology. Its there for all of us to benefit from like doing public works projects which would expand our nations free market. Such as building canals, ports, roads, and generally promoting a general market place.

And Im not disagreeing, really, that since that clause was written things have been taken completely out of context and that certain courts have given the gov more power through judicial activism but the original clause does not give this authority.

LHS
09-29-11, 00:33
The Commerce Clause was never intended for loans to a single company based on political ideology. Its there for all of us to benefit from like doing public works projects which would expand our nations free market. Such as building canals, ports, roads, and generally promoting a general market place.

And Im not disagreeing, really, that since that clause was written things have been taken completely out of context and that certain courts have given the gov more power through judicial activism but the original clause does not give this authority.

In a way, this is infrastructure. They're trying to get solar power to the point that it's actually viable. Whether that's possible or not I don't know. Personally, I think the more we can do ourselves, the less we have to care about what a bunch of camel-humpers in the desert do with their oil.

Now, that said, it's pretty obvious that these are political kickbacks in this case. Gotta love how 'drain-the-swamp' Pelosi is knee-deep in it.

Moose-Knuckle
09-29-11, 00:50
When is this shit going to stop? :mad:

I don't think you'll like the answer.

The game plan is to deep six the dollar and our economy, and it's working.

Irish
09-29-11, 02:15
We are ****ed.

markm
09-29-11, 09:58
I need to start a solar company.

jmp45
09-29-11, 11:41
I don't think you'll like the answer.

The game plan is to deep six the dollar and our economy, and it's working.

Exactly.

Irish
09-29-11, 12:17
No bullshit and not a lie I woke up this morning incredibly ****ing pissed that this is happening! I can't believe the arrogance, corruption and malfeasance in our government. We are handing our children, and for some grandchildren, a country that is financially and morally bankrupt and in a downward spiral that is doomed to crash in a giant ball of flames.

uwe1
09-29-11, 15:33
No bullshit and not a lie I woke up this morning incredibly ****ing pissed that this is happening! I can't believe the arrogance, corruption and malfeasance in our government. We are handing our children, and for some grandchildren, a country that is financially and morally bankrupt and in a downward spiral that is doomed to crash in a giant ball of flames.

Man, I'm with you. It's worse once you're a parent. Been through all the anger etc...Now I have to say, all we can do is resolve to prepare to get through it. There have been ample warning signs and we should all be taking some steps on prepping.

CarlosDJackal
09-29-11, 16:23
And the idiot obama has the gall to even consider cutting back on the Veterans' Healthcare. :mad:

This country is really going down the drain with this administration.

ForTehNguyen
09-29-11, 19:46

what a perversion of the original intent. The original intent was to maintain free and open trade between the states so states dont put tariffs and have trade wars with each other. Also for the federal govt to impose duties on exports and importsNot a good thing for a very young United States. Regulate back then meant "to make regular"

Read what the Federalist Papers said about the Commerce Clause
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15535

Redmanfms
09-29-11, 19:50
And the idiot obama has the gall to even consider cutting back on the Veterans' Healthcare. :mad:

This country is really going down the drain with this administration.

I said to a "friend" who was an Obamunist during the campaign when she said McCain was just going to be Bush's 3rd term that an Obama presidency was going to be Jimmy Carter's 1st term repeated, I was more right than I could have feared. The funny thing was, I wasn't even supporting McCain, sigh.

Irish
09-30-11, 15:07
Another $5.3 ****ING BILLION going down the solar energy hole... http://www.cnbc.com/id/44723203

Suwannee Tim
10-01-11, 11:59
I guarantee you at least ten percent of this is going right back into Democrat campaign accounts for the 2012 election.

The_War_Wagon
10-01-11, 12:01
Hey - it's ONLY taxpayer money, right? :rolleyes:

Suwannee Tim
10-01-11, 20:42
This is not real money, it's free money. It didn't come from taxpayers not even did they borrow it from the Chinese. This money is pulled out of thin air. The Fed buys Treasuries and pays by wire, it's that simple. The trouble is the consequence is inflation which destroys the value of savings. Even this is no problem when you control the agencies that calculate inflation and other economic statistics and when your time horizon is the next election. It's not surprising the Dems are doing this, the surprise would be if they were not.