PDA

View Full Version : 100% Money Back No Questions Asked Guarantee on a AR

PA PATRIOT
09-28-11, 20:18
http://www.usaammo.com/images/100MBG-banner.jpg

USAammo must really want to break into the market by offering a 100% Money Back No Questions Asked Guarantee on their AR based rifles. While there is a ton of questions on who assembles the rifle and what components are used worst case if you don't like the Q/C or the parts used just ship it back on USAammo's dime.

Opinion's?

Just a market ploy to move guns or are they confident they are selling a functional AR?

Zhurdan
09-28-11, 21:10
Probably confident that most people won't know what is or isn't a bad thing in a gun.

I can't count how many people I've taught to shoot pistols that have brought the crappiest gun ever, that continually find excuses as to why it isn't running. I call it the Purchaser's Remorse Induced Cashflow Syndrome. P.R.I.C.S. for short.

5pins
09-28-11, 21:18
From the video provide on their website.

“After extensive research I picked this rifle because it came with bullets”

I would prefer it came with ammo.

“The backbone of our USA armed forces. The 16in barrel 1/9 twist chrommoly.”

Last time I checked the "USA armed forces" were using something a little different.

IMHO it’s just a marketing ploy.

djegators
09-28-11, 21:22
Guarantee huh? First thing I thought of was Tommy Boy:

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

Tommy: Well, that's...

Tommy, Richard Hayden: ...What?

Mr. Goodtimes
09-28-11, 21:23
these people are a joke :rolleyes:

markm
09-28-11, 21:26
Last time I checked the "USA armed forces" were using something a little different.

Not sure who the USA armed forces are.. could be their match team on the weekend.

It's kinda like me saying I build guns for Special Forces. SURE! Too bad they haven't come to get them.... let alone paid me for them. But I build them for the Seal Teams and CAG, etc. :p

munch520
09-28-11, 21:53
deleted by moderator

:sarcastic:

The Tommy Boy reference is good too. And accurate. 'you can get a good luck at your butcher...'

40Arpent
09-28-11, 21:55
Notice the fine print restriction at the bottom of the ad. LOL

sevin8nin
09-28-11, 22:41
"so confidence"...... That's a typo on their picture ad. Couple that with the ridiculous claims from their video and I ain't buying anything they say.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

az doug
09-28-11, 22:46
Any ammunition fired through the rifle before return must be USA Ammo brand????

SW-Shooter
09-28-11, 22:48
Too many conditions to be a legit builder/seller. I'll put them on my "DO NOT BUY FROM" list. Not that they were anyway.

I buy from Bravo Co., SKD, Spikes, G&R, LT, AIM, and a couple of others. None of them have ever made me regret my purchase.

After further review, these guys must have had prior circus experience.

totenkopf_u64
09-28-11, 23:40
Any ammunition fired through the rifle before return must be USA Ammo brand????

haven't they had problems with their ammo? maybe they would be better off restricting the use of their own...

Edit: Thanks Google! USA AMMO (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/543805_USA_Ammo_Goes_KABOOM_in_my_brand_new_Sig_Sauer_P556.html) lol

Iraqgunz
09-29-11, 01:34
Does anyone else recall this thread? https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89276

If I shit in a gold plated box and sprinkle it with the the most expensive rose petals, and I gift wrap it with the finest of paper and express it to your door step. At the end of the day you still have a pile of shit.

Anyone who considers buying garbage when they can get known quality from Bravo Company, Colt, DD, Noveske, etc.. for the same or almost the same price should have their head examined.

Pork Chop
09-29-11, 08:56
After the threads about their fantastic new rifle with "hyper-upgrades" and their recent ammo debacles, USA AMMO has earned a spot on my NEVER BUY FROM list.

Doc Safari
09-29-11, 09:05
More marketing horseshit. "Some restrictions apply," probably like, "no returns accepted unless you videotaped yourself shooting only USA ammo through it and have a signed affadavit that you never fired the gun off camera."

:help:

turdbocharged
09-29-11, 09:49
Wow, such horseshit marketing.

devinsdad
09-29-11, 13:26
Say what you want, but that marketing and a "100% money back guarantee" will mostly be the reason why a lot of newcomers to the AR or gun world in general will buy from them. When you don't know what the hell you're looking for....or why for that matter, that hype will be the hook for a lot of unsuspecting folks looking to get in the world of shooting.
Say you were shopping for your first computer and knew nothing about them except all your friends have one and now you gotta have one too. A shitty computer with a 100% money back guarantee starts to sound pretty nice. A savvy salesman with a few "Gotta start somewhere, you can always upgrade, everyone starts with the basic, learns a bit and moves up, did I mention a money back guarantee" lines = another sale. A new gunner, lack of knowledge, intemidated then mixed with a good counterman will make an easy sale with that product and those same lines.

northern1
09-29-11, 18:45
I always found it interesting how the high priced cars like Mercedes and BMW came with a 3 year warranty and the Hyundai's came with a 10 year warranty. The way I looked at it was the Hyudai needed it because it was bound to shit the bed early.

Its funny how bullshit shit sells, no matter the industry.

Ranger325
09-29-11, 19:00
Yeah but......................Brian Hoffner sez with this rifle I can be 'a high speed operator'! :jester:

TunaFisherman
09-29-11, 22:09
I always found it interesting how the high priced cars like Mercedes and BMW came with a 3 year warranty and the Hyundai's came with a 10 year warranty. The way I looked at it was the Hyudai needed it because it was bound to shit the bed early.

Its funny how bullshit shit sells, no matter the industry.

I know several people that own newer Hyundai cars and have had only minor problems.
My sis has a nice newer BMW, its always in the shop...and its expensive every time it has a problem. After 3 years they know how to keep taking your money...

My guess is Hyundai knows their car will run at least ten years with only minor problems so it makes $$$$ sense to offer a ten year . Why would you wana pay to fix a ps for ten years ?:confused:

But warrenties are another thread.

That said I will stick with Colt,DD,Spikes,BCM ect...they can keep my money Altho the new PSA guns look good also

jcsites
10-07-11, 23:56
I also want to have a gun for myself. For security purposes only.

polydeuces
10-08-11, 08:30
But wait, there's more......

Shoulderthinggoesup
10-08-11, 10:04
I get the point of the car analogy, but it doest work beyond a surface comparison.

First off almost everyone owns a car and word gets around. Most people do not own ars and many buying one may not know anyone who does. It is easier for these companies to pull slick bullshit.

Second, the high end luxury companies dont offer long warranties because they dont have to. Their customer base is much less concerned with getting good "value" for their money and having to pay for repairs is not as finacially threatening.

To this day I am shocked when people buy bmw.... Nothing but horror stories.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LONGBOWAH
10-08-11, 11:39
I don't know if it's a good marketing strategy.

How many times do we see a "HALP!!! My (insert any part here) is out of spec!!!" post...and usually it isn't the weapon's fault.;)

And yes, I did use my pet peeve of a phrase "out of spec" when what they typically mean is "not to print".

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-08-11, 16:13
I also want to have a gun for myself. For security purposes only.

Wait, what? Get one then.:confused:

The Knuckle
10-09-11, 00:04
But wait, there's more......

HAHA! The fine print of the ad made me chuckle but you just made me laugh out loud. USA ammo should have included that. would have been perfect