PDA

View Full Version : AAR: Midwest Training Group Advanced Handgun Skills

serevince
09-28-11, 22:39
Cliff notes:

Midwest Training Group = Phenomenal training!

Midwest Training Group (http://midwesttraininggroup.net/)

Full Version:
Attended 2 day Advanced Handgun Skills class with Bob and Andy from Midwest Training Group. I expended 1800 ROUNDS of ammo in those two days.

I think what really separates this training from others that I have attended is that these guys blend LE and National Champion competitive shooting experience together. They are also not married to a specific dogma. They show you several techniques that are proven to work and you pick what works best for you. They have studied the science of shooting and gunfights and they can make you a better shooter or better at tactics if you are already a awesome shooter.

The class was VERY reasonably priced. $400 for two days. The class was paced well. Not a lot of dead time. The string of fire depending mostly on your capability as a shooter. There were several strings that I expended almost 100 rounds! 3 extended mags 22rnds each and 2-17rnd mags as fast as I could go and still get A-zone hits.

The Advanced Handgun Skills class is a marksmanship class. You will shoot FAST and you be ACCURATE, but no tactics are taught or practiced. I would recommend this class as a starting point for someone who is already a SOLID shooter wanting to take it to the next level. As a skill builder for someone who is a AWESOME shooter wanting a tune up. As a prep for someone attending a higher level tactics class.

We shot a TON with our non-dominant hand. We joked that we do not have a "weak" side, "strong" side. We have a "Strong", and "Less Strong" side. We shot from the ground in all manner of positions. The drills you do will expose ANY and ALL flaws you have in your technique.

I am planning on taking additional training at their Illinois location. They use the former Blackwater training facility and do force on force, tactics and more advanced training beyond marksmanship.

Cheers

Vince
______