PDA

View Full Version : NYPD releases Brooklyn shooting video.

Irish
09-29-11, 12:45
You never know when it's gonna happen... http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/VIDEO-Shooting-on-Crowded-Brooklyn-Street-130751403.html

Magsz
09-29-11, 14:03
McDonalds will kill you...

What is really amazing about that footage is how quickly the ENTIRE street clears out.

I dont think ive EVER seen a person free street in NYC...

Hopefully they catch these scumbags.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-29-11, 20:57
Stop, drop and roll is for being on fire, not being fired upon.

Irish
09-29-11, 21:10

Nice one :)

Abraxas
09-29-11, 21:12

Bwahahahahaha

wahoo95
09-29-11, 21:52
Looks to me like the guy who got shot got exactly what he was looking for. Appears he and his crew were coming after the shooter and got quite the surprise when they caught up to him. Puts new meaning to "The best defense is sometimes to go on the offensive"

No surprises on how fast things cleared out. I've witnessed a few shootings of this type in my lifetime and one thing I have learned is that once the shots start NOBODY hangs around and it doesn't matter whether its a .22lr or a .500SW everybody is gonna scatter!

titsonritz
09-29-11, 22:23
Record response time.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-29-11, 22:42
Record response time.

I saw that, the SUV rolls up pretty fast- are they real cops or some other agency??

The vicitm might have had a chance if he had tied his shoes. I don't think a 32ACP is going to knock off both of your shoes.

If I'm going to be shot, it aint going to be walking into a McD's. Mortons, maybe.

ALCOAR
09-29-11, 22:55
I wouldn't take a bullet even for a Morton's double cut filet mignon w. hashbrowns...however the Vegas Morton's is easily one of my favorite places to dine.

Irish
09-29-11, 23:23
Record response time.

That's because there's close to 35,000 uniformed police in NYC.

Scoby
09-30-11, 05:26
Just think about how many other people were in danger of being hit.
If the sidewalk was as crowded on the other side of the street as it was on the shooting side, someone could have easily been hit by a ricochet as the shooter was firing at the guy lying in the street. Or, while he was still standing for that matter.

Just goes to show that these asshats could care less about anyone but themselves.

The_War_Wagon
09-30-11, 05:48

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw that!!! :fie:

Rider79
09-30-11, 11:35
I like how the lady next to him just calmly walks along while he's rolling on the ground.

30 cal slut
09-30-11, 12:07
Looks to me like the guy who got shot got exactly what he was looking for. Appears he and his crew were coming after the shooter and got quite the surprise when they caught up to him. Puts new meaning to "The best defense is sometimes to go on the offensive"

No surprises on how fast things cleared out. I've witnessed a few shootings of this type in my lifetime and one thing I have learned is that once the shots start NOBODY hangs around and it doesn't matter whether its a .22lr or a .500SW everybody is gonna scatter!

Not true. Several years ago I witnessed a shooting on a very crowded street in Manhattan. 3-4 shots. People did not run. They simply froze, because it was 6 pm (rush hour) on Sixth Ave in a busy commercial neighborhood ("this kinda stuff doesn't happen here"). As it turned out, it was a mob hit (later made into a Law & Order episode).

Not only did people not run, they gawked at the victim on the sidewalk, with his brains dripping out of his head.

They never caught the gunman.

30 cal slut
09-30-11, 12:09
By the way, the response time by NYPD in the vid OP posted was pretty darn fast!

M4Fundi
10-01-11, 02:38
Perfect example of why in Zim we call them "Floppies" ;)

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
10-02-11, 20:57
That's because there's close to 35,000 uniformed police in NYC.

That's a massively overinflated number spoon fed to the sheeple and media in the city to keep people believing that there are enough cops around. The entire department, including civilian employees, will come to around 34,000 or so. Actual sworn officers are much lower and, then of course, subtract how many are in specialized units and higher ranks and you'll get closer to the actual number of officers available for patrol functions. Something like 30% of that number, in reality. The area we're talking about here is Flatbush Ave and Nostrand Ave, a notoriously high crime area. The NYPD vans are typically only used when normal RMP's are not available so it is more likely this was an ATLAS overtime detail...i.e. officers ordered in on overtime to write summonses and provide visual deterrence/presence in high crime areas. Of course, it may just have been a lucky situation that officers were issued a van to cover a sector and happened to be within a block or two and heard the shots, but typical response times run several minutes (2 to 3 minimum). I find it interesting that one or two people actually walk away while the shooting is happening instead of running. I can guarantee you that few people, if any, ran to assist the victim except for his friends, and they simply managed to trample the crime scene and moved evidence, after having left him there to die. And I can definitely assure you, from experience, that the street in front of and opposite of McDonalds will be jam packed with slack jawed imbeciles breaking their necks to see all the action within a minute or two while police are trying to investigate.

variablebinary
10-02-11, 22:38
By the way, the response time by NYPD in the vid OP posted was pretty darn fast!

You can't go more than 5 minutes without seeing a cop in NYC during the day.

Irish
10-03-11, 10:49
That's a massively overinflated number spoon fed to the sheeple and media in the city to keep people believing that there are enough cops around. The entire department, including civilian employees, will come to around 34,000 or so.
That number is from the NYPD website. http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/faq/faq_police.shtml

You can't go more than 5 minutes without seeing a cop in NYC during the day.
That's been my experience as well.