PDA

View Full Version : YHM flip up gas block sight

EMTSmokeeater13
09-29-11, 18:55
hey any body out there running the YHM gasblock flip sight with YHM carbine rail ? did you have to change the gas tube to midlenght to get it to work?:moil:

polymorpheous
09-29-11, 19:04
Why would you run a carbine rail on a mid-length gas system?
I'm not sure what you are asking...
:confused:

I'd skip the YHM parts.
I installed a flip up gas block on a carbine for my brother.
After about 500 rounds, the pin that hinges the sight up walked halfway out.

If I had to have a flip up front sight, I would run a rail over a low profile gas block and run the sight on that rail.

EMTSmokeeater13
09-29-11, 21:46
I have a carbine style M4 and am thinking of switching quad rail and kinda like the flip front sight with a carbine style rail what I,m asking is can you use a carbine rail and remove the A2 style fsb. most people go with a small gas block with a middy rail i,m just trying to be a bit different instead of a"cookie cutter style AR

polymorpheous
09-29-11, 21:50
Why are you talking about a mid-length gas tube if you have a carbine length gas system?

Take your rifle to someone who can do this for you.
You seem inexperienced, and I'd hate to see you mess your rifle up.

DeltaSierra
09-29-11, 21:52
YHM parts aren't the greatest quality.

If you want a decent front sight, just get a Troy or other good folding sight.

Don't make a decision based on looks over function.

polydeuces
09-29-11, 23:35
I have a carbine style M4 and am thinking of switching quad rail and kinda like the flip front sight with a carbine style rail what I,m asking is can you use a carbine rail and remove the A2 style fsb. most people go with a small gas block with a middy rail i,m just trying to be a bit different instead of a"cookie cutter style AR

Not trying to be rude but your original question nor that statement does not make any sense whatsoever. Kinda funny though in a Monty python kinda way....:no:
First off - please tell....what set up are you trying to alter?

Second:
The gasblock be it flip up or YHM or anything else has nothing to do with it being car or mid length. Nor is it entirely clear what you are trying to achieve.
Change a gastube because you want a YHM flip up gasblock with a midlength rail otherwise it's a cookie cutter and how good is the YHM flip up? Wow....Nelly....!
Perhaps time to look for that orange button - read a bit, then start asking, maybe a bit more clear. And definitely don't screw with your rig until you have a clue.

Shiz
09-30-11, 00:53
The reason people run rails that are longer than their gas system is that they want more "rail estate". Most are shooting with their off hand as far forward as it will comfortably go. It helps with muzzle control and follow up shots.

-you have a carbine length gas system. The exposed tube is about 7 inches. If you replace the gas block with a low profile or flip up, the gas tube will still be the same length from the new gas block to the receiver. The only way you would change out your gas tube is if you bought a new barrel with a mid length gas system, or rifle length gas system. The gas comes out a little hole in the top of the barrel, and goes into the gas block, through the tube, and cycles the bolt/carrier.

As far as cookie cutter builds...Most here don't buy and modify a rifle so it looks cool. How the rifle looks is mostly a result of what works, and what doesn't work so well. They shoot enough to know what is working for the shooter, and what could be improved upon. Most of the time, if a certain part is popular here, it is NOT because it is pretty.

ra2bach
09-30-11, 12:09

EMTS dude, your only options with a Carbine length gas are to cut down the FSB and put a longer rail over it, or replace it with a low-pro gas block same/same.

your questions about midlength are what's got a bee in everyone's bonnet. I suspect you're asking about rail length but these are usually measured in inches with a 7" being suitable to carbine length gas block, 9" to middy, etc...

you cannot use a railed gas block with flip-up sight if it is covered by a rail. your options in this case are to use a FS, either folding or fixed mounted to the rail...

EMTSmokeeater13
09-30-11, 12:42
Ok sorry guys this aint no rookie here spend 4+ yrs in the US Army Rangers . yes I know the little hole in the barrel is the gas block hole, DUH! what I was asking is if anybody was running a yhm style flip front gasblock style sight with a carbine style quad rail. I was wondering if you did run that set up do you like it . yes I know that if I wanted to mount a longer gas tube you had to by a longer barrel to go mid length. so before you think you know all the answers and come off well like your the AR guru you might stop and think a little bit about the question first guys . :agree:

Iraqgunz
09-30-11, 13:05
Please do not be a smart ass to people trying to assist you. The issue is your inability to communicate effectively while explaining your issue.

Just because you may have spent time in the "Rangers" doesn't mean you understand how an AR is properly built or what it takes to get there. You could also help by posting a link or pic. If it is the particular model I am thinking off they are shit and I wouldn't use them.

Ok sorry guys this aint no rookie here spend 4+ yrs in the US Army Rangers . yes I know the little hole in the barrel is the gas block hole, DUH! what I was asking is if anybody was running a yhm style flip front gasblock style sight with a carbine style quad rail. I was wondering if you did run that set up do you like it . yes I know that if I wanted to mount a longer gas tube you had to by a longer barrel to go mid length. so before you think you know all the answers and come off well like your the AR guru you might stop and think a little bit about the question first guys . :agree:

totenkopf_u64
09-30-11, 14:48
What kind of optic is on your rifle, EMTS? You may not really need a Folding front sight, in which case you should consider the benefits of your existing front sight block.

If you just want to avoid a cookie-cutter rifle... well, that's what hello kitty stickers are for!

Shiz
09-30-11, 14:48
The issue is your inability to communicate effectively while explaining your issue.

Agreed.

so before you think you know all the answers and come off well like your the AR guru you might stop and think a little bit about the question first guys

Clear your malfunction. Usually when people are kind enough to spend time with me and teach me where I was in error, I would say thanks. Your pride got in the way dude.

ra2bach
09-30-11, 17:54

just reading what you wrote dude... "hey any body out there running the YHM gasblock flip sight with YHM carbine rail ? did you have to change the gas tube to midlenght to get it to work?" so it seemed to me (and others) that you really didn't have a clue what you were talking about, regardless of your 4+ years of US Army Rangers experience...

if you're asking if you should remove the FSB and replace it with a folding sight gasblock, to me what you suggest seems stupid unless you have some specific need that you didn't include somewhere along the way in this thread.

I have no answer for you other than to ask what are you trying to accomplish? some folks prefer a folding front sight if using a magnified optic and this would be the only situation I could envision that what you are doing makes sense.

however, all said and done, I still don't like 7" rails on anything with a barrel longer than 10 or 11 inches. if you're going to fiddle with the GB anyway, what I'd do is put a low-pro gas block or shave the FSP and put an extended rail (9-12") and use a rail mount front sight.

oh, and sorry for being all guruey and everything, I was just honestly trying to answer what I thought was an honest question...:rolleyes:

EMTSmokeeater13
09-30-11, 19:07
ok guys this is what I got an aimpoint ml2 on a m4 style with a milspec buffer and tube with a vltor Imod all i was asking is anybody running this style of set up yes i have done my homework on what I want to do . i,m sorry if this didnt make this clear. I though about shaving the FSB down and putting a DD rail with a flip up sight , I just dont want my AR to look like some one else,s dont blame me do ya for wanting to be different.

polymorpheous
09-30-11, 19:17
So what do yo want to do?
Install a YHM gas block?
Or shave down you existing front sight base and run a flip up sight on a rail?
Either way, you are stuck with a carbine length gas system.
Unless you want to blow you handguards off with every shot fire!:jester:

EMTSmokeeater13
09-30-11, 19:32
no I,m thinking of staying with the factory sight and just up grading the rail, was wondering if anybody ran that type of set up . If I decide to change the FSB either it will be a pri flip up style gasblock or rail mounted flips on a DD rail maybe midlength and or cover the gasblock with the middy

Shiz
09-30-11, 20:39
Did you want it free-floated or just a quad rail? What is your weapon for? More long range or short range? What are you going to mount to the rails? I am assuming flashlight, VFG?

I run the standard A2 gas blocks on most of my ARs. On my "go to" AR, I have fixed sights and my RD cowitnesses with them. Might be the way to go.

My newest AR is a lightweight middy with simple MOE handguards, I am just attaching rails where I need them. Its for classes, and short range, so i didn't see the need for anything expensive. If I do upgrade later, it will be a TRX 13, for the reach.

EMTSmokeeater13
09-30-11, 21:54
looking at a free float for faster cool down yes theres a light on mine now a surefire6p forward vert hand grip doing to be my more like cqb style , maybe be even down the road a fluted barrel swap . i like the KISS you know keep it simple stupid . less moving parts the less to break . I,m from the "old school" when I carried my m16a1 we didnt have optics at all and were taught to shoot at night by looking down the barrel not through the sights. If I,m not going to use this for long range got plans for a savage 10p with a mildot scope different stock but thats down the road thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion

polymorpheous
09-30-11, 22:02
:suicide:

totenkopf_u64
09-30-11, 22:10
Did M4C just get punked?

EMTSmokeeater13
09-30-11, 23:06
no just adding to my wish list of "toys" to get.

P2000
09-30-11, 23:14
If you are still considering the YHM flip up FSB, take a close look at the design. It is 3 separate pieces for the gas block portion, held together by 4 screws. It relies only on clamping force to stay put. If those screws come loose your rifle won't be working right anymore. It isn't a confidence inspiring design.

polydeuces
09-30-11, 23:16
Can't say were not trying.
It really does remind me of Monty Python's dead parrot.
As I was saying..:dirol:

Belmont31R
09-30-11, 23:21
Did M4C just get punked?

No its why people don't respond to questions the way they used to.

Shiz
10-01-11, 00:42
i like the KISS you know keep it simple stupid

I see where you are coming from .:D Best way to go.

have you looked into a troy 2 piece ...MRF (if i remember right) quad rail? You wouldn't have to remove the gas block to put it on. So it's lots easier to install than a freefloat.
For short ranges, you wouldn't see benefits from a FF rail anyway.

Check them out. Might be right up your alley.

Stickman
10-01-11, 01:05
PIf it is the particular model I am thinking off they are shit and I wouldn't use them.

Way too many documented problems with them for those sights to be taken seriously.

totenkopf- Yes, I believe so.

Mr blasty
10-01-11, 02:12
Check this place out: http://www.ar15.com/index.html They might know about what you're asking. lots of rangers there..... And seals, and delta, and seal team 6, and chuck Norris, and other people who are trying to be "different".......:suicide:

jet66
10-01-11, 05:31
I understand the want for something different than every other AR out there, but keep this in mind: Some configurations are very common because they are optimal for the roles that they fill.

EMTSmokeeater13
10-01-11, 08:58
Mr Blasty I know what your saying I,ve run into more Rangers since I got out then were in. I,m not trying to be different and I know that some AR,s are build by arm chair commando,s too. I was thinking of building a 3gun style but cant really decide on that yet.... funds more then anything. I,m not going to put a YHM rail on I know there are WAY better ..... notice I didn't say COOLER ones out there .. Been doing my homework on what I want I know the good and bad parts in AR but trying not to go over board on cost if I had unlimited funds boys that would be different. But when you live n a Disabled vets pay well you have to make do. I,ll probably just upgrade the rail I have now and stay with the FSB. I have now the FSB does interrupt the red dot when "sighting through but thats not the reason I was doing an upgrade. I have a 2piece rail now and when shooting at night the rail moves when I push my light on with my thumb it makes the sight picture move out of zero when shooting. that's why I was thinking one piece. Not going to say more about ARF.com Mr Blasty just know what you mean there! Ok guys I thing we,e run this horse into the ground .... hope your ARnever runs out of "pointy" things when the SHTF. RLTW 2nd Batt 75th Inf

polymorpheous
10-01-11, 09:17
Seriously.
Clean up your posts.
They are very difficult to follow.

Also, if you have your optics mounted on your non-freefloat railed forearm, how exactly do you hold a zero?
It should be mounted on a flat top upper receiver.

There are mounts for your Aimpoint that will give you a lower 1/3 co-witness.
Meaning, that your front sight base will only be in the lower 1/3 of your sight picture when looking through your optics.
When you flip up your rear sight your dot will move to a absolute co-witness.
Meaning, the red dot will be positioned on top of the front sight post.

fixit69
10-01-11, 10:35
EMTS, do yourself a favor. Don't but it. If you did, sell it or throw it away.

I say this because I HAD one, and it sucked from alpha to omega. I got sick of it quickly, and shitcanned it.

SW-Shooter
10-01-11, 14:39
I respect many of the members opinions about subjects that are posted in this AR forum. But I really have to chime in with my 2 cents. First off YHM is not crap. They were one of the first manufacturers of rail systems in the now heavily saturated AR market. Do they compare to the likes of a company like Larue Tactical, no.

They are functional, can take abuse, and just plain old work without breaking the bank. To say the YHM front gas block/sight is junk is pure nonsense. To say it can't be mounted firmly enough for rigorous use is pure hyperbole, or just simple stupidity (you choose). It might take a competent gunsmith to make certain it is mounted properly. The free float rail system works as intended, it has never moved or failed in any way, just like the gas block/front sight. Last but not least, the suppressor host. There was a time that the Phantom ruled the market, it isn't the newest of designs but it works. YHM may not be the newest Gucci gear on the market, but it's a far cry from the junk some of you posted in this thread.

I have one particular M4 type platform that has three pieces of YHM gear attached to it since 2006. This AR has seen 8000 rounds, which is probably 7000 more rounds than most AR's in the picture thread. It is good enough for me, maybe some of you* need to get off of the if it ain't so an so, it's crap, you're wasting your money. The continued bandwagon jumping disgusts me, we are one of many firearm's communities that constantly eat our own. M4C thrives to be better than TOS's, but it is quickly moving in that direction.

This was my first ground up build and every component will stay on it as I am happy with the setup. So now you can flame me about the B.A.D., Grippod, and KNS. EMT, you caved under the pressure of a few zealous Tier 1 only for me types. If you're not certain about something research, research, then post the questions. My builds now consist of BCM, Spikes, LT and several other companies. You learn as you go, but it doesn't hurt to try things that you like either. I love my CRAP build. I agree that you need work on your posting skills, they are almost incomprehensible. Are you sure you're a former Ranger. Where were you stationed?

* applies to 2-3 people.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01242.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01248.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01241.jpg

EMTSmokeeater13
10-01-11, 17:44
Sw shooter : at some part I did give in but only to the end of not taking this to far. yes I,ve used YHM and installed YHM on my buddies AR and it looks great and function great. most of these guys out there didnt get what I was trying to say yes my nomenclature might not have been the greatest but one person got what I was trying to say. yes I was in rangers class 42 jump school at Benning right next to the OCS training center in the 70,s then dragon school for anti tank then to camp darby and the infamuos darby queen when the first thing you saw when you walked in camp ...was abandon hope all ye who enter here in Black and yellow letters. so that alone should tell you this aint no arm chair commando and that alone should tell you I was there . oh by the way was the Quonset hut still there when you went through?

PdxMotoxer
10-01-11, 18:03
I was going to ask about the GG&G Bolt on Flip Up Mount
http://www.gggaz.com/bolt-on-flip-up-front-sight-gas-block-system.html

If this GG&G is also "junk" like others have said the YHM is?
If so... what would you suggest as a good flip up front sight/gas block to replace the stock one on a S&W M&P15??

In advance THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge.
(I've tried searching and reading around)
But thought i would "piggy back" on this thread in hopes to
NOT steal anything from the O.P. rather just add to this thread not just for me but others in the future searching *YHM, GG&G flip up front sights* so they might find this and learn.

CoryCop25
10-01-11, 18:27
I was going to ask about the GG&G Bolt on Flip Up Mount
http://www.gggaz.com/bolt-on-flip-up-front-sight-gas-block-system.html

If this GG&G is also "junk" like others have said the YHM is?
If so... what would you suggest as a good flip up front sight/gas block to replace the stock one on a S&W M&P15??

In advance THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge.
(I've tried searching and reading around)
But thought i would "piggy back" on this thread in hopes to
NOT steal anything from the O.P. rather just add to this thread not just for me but others in the future searching *YHM, GG&G flip up front sights* so they might find this and learn.

First off, I am not trying to be a jerk, but what is the love for the flip up/ clamp on front? I don't just mean you. I am not singling anyone out here. Don't get me wrong, GG&G is good, expensive kit. But I just don't get it. You are taking away the security of taper pins and adding a sling mount to pull on the already less reliable clamped on front sight.
This is why there are 1000 flavors of ice cream, but a riser on your RDS will get you over top of your FSP or a rail with a flip up front sight would be much more reliable.

Stickman
10-01-11, 21:28
EDITED

SW-Shooter
10-01-11, 22:04
First off, I am not trying to be a jerk, but what is the love for the flip up/ clamp on front? I don't just mean you. I am not singling anyone out here. Don't get me wrong, GG&G is good, expensive kit. But I just don't get it. You are taking away the security of taper pins and adding a sling mount to pull on the already less reliable clamped on front sight.
This is why there are 1000 flavors of ice cream, but a riser on your RDS will get you over top of your FSP or a rail with a flip up front sight would be much more reliable.

The sling mount was the first thing to come off of mine. Really no use for the bayo lug either, but it can stay.

I'm really curious about what you wanted to say Stick, you are very well versed with the AR platform and I respect your opinion.

2/75th was out of Ft. Lewis when I was there.

PdxMotoxer
10-02-11, 17:02
I have a RDS with riser for lower 1/3 BUT i also have a few hunting scopes in my safe i wouldn't mind popping on but the one i tried the
stock pinned sight is just right there in the middle.

I like to co-witness my RDS but wouldn't mind the versatility of being able to fold it down out of the way.

For now it's just something i have been thinking about and by no means set in stone. (plus i found a deal on a USED but never mounted one of these with the Trijicon tritium front sight post installed)

That's why i'm wondering if these are any good or if there are known "issues" and if there is who makes a reasonable priced one
that they have used and would use again in another build.

Thanks.

Iraqgunz
10-02-11, 17:16
SW Shooter,

I am glad that you are happy with your YHM rail and sights. It doesn't change the fact that they are shit. Their rails are known to be inconsistent, and their technology is old.

Their sights are fragile and anyone who considers them for serious use should use the SEARCH button.

I respect many of the members opinions about subjects that are posted in this AR forum. But I really have to chime in with my 2 cents. First off YHM is not crap. They were one of the first manufacturers of rail systems in the now heavily saturated AR market. Do they compare to the likes of a company like Larue Tactical, no.

They are functional, can take abuse, and just plain old work without breaking the bank. To say the YHM front gas block/sight is junk is pure nonsense. To say it can't be mounted firmly enough for rigorous use is pure hyperbole, or just simple stupidity (you choose). It might take a competent gunsmith to make certain it is mounted properly. The free float rail system works as intended, it has never moved or failed in any way, just like the gas block/front sight. Last but not least, the suppressor host. There was a time that the Phantom ruled the market, it isn't the newest of designs but it works. YHM may not be the newest Gucci gear on the market, but it's a far cry from the junk some of you posted in this thread.

I have one particular M4 type platform that has three pieces of YHM gear attached to it since 2006. This AR has seen 8000 rounds, which is probably 7000 more rounds than most AR's in the picture thread. It is good enough for me, maybe some of you* need to get off of the if it ain't so an so, it's crap, you're wasting your money. The continued bandwagon jumping disgusts me, we are one of many firearm's communities that constantly eat our own. M4C thrives to be better than TOS's, but it is quickly moving in that direction.

This was my first ground up build and every component will stay on it as I am happy with the setup. So now you can flame me about the B.A.D., Grippod, and KNS. EMT, you caved under the pressure of a few zealous Tier 1 only for me types. If you're not certain about something research, research, then post the questions. My builds now consist of BCM, Spikes, LT and several other companies. You learn as you go, but it doesn't hurt to try things that you like either. I love my CRAP build. I agree that you need work on your posting skills, they are almost incomprehensible. Are you sure you're a former Ranger. Where were you stationed?

* applies to 2-3 people.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01242.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01248.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/DSC01241.jpg

Iraqgunz
10-02-11, 17:21
EMTSmokeater13,

I suggest that you start using proper English and clean up your posts lest people decide that you are simply a troll and don't take you seriously.

Also, every single Ranger that I know would be kicking someone in their balls if they didn't capitalize Ranger. It's kind of like saying "I was a seal" which will is also a good way to get called out.

As I mentioned before. Break your posts up a little and make them coherent to others.

SW-Shooter
10-03-11, 01:18
SW Shooter,

I am glad that you are happy with your YHM rail and sights. It doesn't change the fact that they are shit. Their rails are known to be inconsistent, and their technology is old.

Their sights are fragile and anyone who considers them for serious use should use the SEARCH button.

One mans shit is another mans treasure. So I guess when you get old you should be replaced with a younger model. Like I said I've put it through its paces and it held up just fine, I'd use my BCM if the SHTF but I'd gladly use my crappy YHM kitted M4gery as a back up or main gun anyday.

Seriously what crawled up your ass to just insult someone on how they spent their money. I'm not making you shoot or own it. As a Moderator you should practice a little professionalism and restraint. How about calling YHM and tell them their gear is shit, maybe they'll just close up shop. How about telling all of the retailers that sell YHM that they need to use the search button and stop selling YHM shit. I can get that kind of response in the GD at TOS.

How about I ship it to you and you run it with just the BUIS the next time you go to a class or 3 gun, then tell me it's shit. That's a genuine offer. From this Jew, your still a good mensch, even if we agree to disagree. So don't get all hot under the collar and ban me.

CoryCop25
10-03-11, 01:32
SW Shooter,

I do not see an insult here at all. He stated that he is glad you are happy with them. He stated that they are inconsistent. This is a known fact and can be backed up. this man has forgotten more than I know about the AR platform and its accessories. That being said, I can tell you that my experience has proven everything he has said about YHM. Try attaching a mil-spec item onto your rail and see how it mates up from one section to another.... you will see the inconsistencies. Some people get lucky and their stuff works, most do not.

SW-Shooter
10-03-11, 01:43
I do not see an insult here at all. He stated that he is glad you are happy with them. He stated that they are inconsistent. This is a known fact and can be backed up. this man has forgotten more than I know about the AR platform and its accessories. That being said, I can tell you that my experience has proven everything he has said about YHM. Try attaching a mil-spec item onto your rail and see how it mates up from one section to another.... you will see the inconsistencies. Some people get lucky and their stuff works, most do not.

As I stated previously I've had zero issues with any of the YHM products on this rifle, even when people had issues with TD vertical grips (when they were the latest fad). I am very familiar with AR's, but there's always more to learn. The simple fact that I've run over 8000 rounds flawlessly through it should speak for itself. I must have gotten the golden unicorn. I have enough AR's to not have to overhaul their appearance every time something new comes out. I just don't get why people have to jump on the piss on YHM bandwagon. Is their rail system old, yes but so is factory hand guards, surefire hand guards. You catch my drift. I'm not going back and forth anymore, I've said my peace. Besides this thread has become a trainwreck.

polymorpheous
10-03-11, 08:09
This thread gives me a headache.

The problems with the flip up front sight mentioned in the OP is clearly documented.
My sample size of 1 had the pivoting pin walk out.
That's all I needed to see.

Iraqgunz
10-03-11, 14:29
FYI- I called them from Baghdad and told them their stuff was shit when we had sights breaking all the time. I also emailed them from a company account and I no longer have access to those. Or when I couldn't remove their rails and access the barrel nuts because they were over torqued and someone had applied Rocksett or something to them.

Try removing that jam nut when it has been overtightened and then used and carried by guys in the desert for a couple years. In the end I had to use a Dremel cut off wheel.

The front sights would get knocked around and get damaged beyond repair. Pins would come loose and the rear sights would get damaged as well.

Eotechs sometimes would not mount properly on the rails. Rails would rotate because these particular ones were made before the anti-rotation pins came into play.

Once I find the rest of my pics I will gladly post them.

You appear to be real emotional about your purchase and it's understandable. But, you have to look at it through someones' eyes that had to deal with hundreds of weapons equipped with their stuff to appreciate my dislike for their stuff.

If I use a piece of gear and it is shit, there is no way I am going to recommend it to anyone when I know based upon experience that it won't hold up in the real world.

One mans shit is another mans treasure. So I guess when you get old you should be replaced with a younger model. Like I said I've put it through its paces and it held up just fine, I'd use my BCM if the SHTF but I'd gladly use my crappy YHM kitted M4gery as a back up or main gun anyday.

Seriously what crawled up your ass to just insult someone on how they spent their money. I'm not making you shoot or own it. As a Moderator you should practice a little professionalism and restraint. How about calling YHM and tell them their gear is shit, maybe they'll just close up shop. How about telling all of the retailers that sell YHM that they need to use the search button and stop selling YHM shit. I can get that kind of response in the GD at TOS.

How about I ship it to you and you run it with just the BUIS the next time you go to a class or 3 gun, then tell me it's shit. That's a genuine offer. From this Jew, your still a good mensch, even if we agree to disagree. So don't get all hot under the collar and ban me.

EMTSmokeeater13
10-03-11, 14:42
Ok guys ,I,m tired of this post. As of now you can say what you want about what . And say what is crap and what is not. Excuse me for not capitalizing the R in Rangers, I served my time in hell and now am out I,m proud of serving my country to the point I,m now 100% Disabled Veteran . So now you can say what you want about me or my writing the post its done on my end . Have fun with it.

SW-Shooter
10-03-11, 15:09
I couldn't resist.

Remember this is a BUIS and used only if should the optic fail. If I'm in a situation where that has occurred I have more to worry about than whether or not I purchased the ultimate best front sight on the planet. It was used to prevent the FSB interference without the use of a riser.

Iraq, that could happen to any front sight. I've actually seen a stock FSB have its ear(s) bent. If you have any other pictures I'd be interested to see it. The rail system I have does have the anti rotation screws.

Even if I wanted to remove the rails (which I had considered long before all of this) I couldn't, the barrel length is 14.5 so I had the suppressor host permanently installed, it would be impossible unless I ruined that host(they are sometimes difficult to come by).

I do see your point, but you have to agree it's not like it's Tapco, Mako, or the other bottom rung kit.I hope we can move past this without disliking one another. I hold no ill will or feelings.

Iraqgunz
10-03-11, 15:25
In our case the sights were almost always used in conjunction with the Eotech.

These sights are made from aluminum and the amount of impact damage that it would take to bend or tweak a steel FSB would have completely destroyed this thing.

The jam nut is poorly designed and I can almost guarantee that if you needed to remove it, you would have a hell of a time. At least that was my experience with almost every single one I dealt with. I went through several wrenches (broken) trying to remove them.

Like I stated before. If you are happy with them, enjoy. But, I refuse to recommend a product that has proven to crap (in my experience) and I would have rather had standard handguards in lieu of them.

I couldn't resist.

Remember this is a BUIS and used only if should the optic fail. If I'm in a situation where that has occurred I have more to worry about than whether or not I purchased the ultimate best front sight on the planet. It was used to prevent the FSB interference without the use of a riser.

Iraq, that could happen to any front sight. I've actually seen a stock FSB have its ear(s) bent. If you have any other pictures I'd be interested to see it. The rail system I have does have the anti rotation screws.

Even if I wanted to remove the rails (which I had considered long before all of this) I couldn't, the barrel length is 14.5 so I had the suppressor host permanently installed, it would be impossible unless I ruined that host(they are sometimes difficult to come by).

I do see your point, but you have to agree it's not like it's Tapco, Mako, or the other bottom rung kit.I hope we can move past this without disliking one another. I hold no ill will or feelings.