PDA

View Full Version : UN instructor from France Shoots His Thigh @ S&W re-cert class

30 cal slut
09-30-11, 09:00
Would be interested to see the AAR on this accident (he's fine according to the article). Was it improper trigger finger placement, or a Serpa holster? etc.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hampden/Firearms-instructor-shoots-self-at-S%26W

Firearms instructor shoots self at S&W
UN firearms instructor shot himself in the thigh

Updated: Thursday, 29 Sep 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 29 Sep 2011, 3:52 PM EDT

Elysia Rodriguez

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - A United Nations firearms instructor from France accidentally shot himself during recertification training at Smith & Wesson late Thursday morning.

Springfield Police Sgt. John Delaney said the man, who is not being publicly identified, shot himself in the thigh during the class...

JSantoro
09-30-11, 09:41
As methods of surrender go, it seems a bit extreme.....

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-30-11, 09:44
Would be interested to see the AAR on this accident (he's fine according to the article). Was it improper trigger finger placement, or a Serpa holster? etc.

Failed drop safety.... Do the French even know how to re-holster? (Sorry, too easy.)

Maybe the UN should control their own guns before they try to control mine.

"I ham zeee unnly won ihn diz ruhm profezzuhnl enuff too" BANG.

Seriously, hope the guy heals quickly. Being a gun instructor at the UN must be like being Abstinance Only counselour at the Kardashian household, or Ozzy Osbourne's speech therapist- they are just never going to get it.

GermanSynergy
09-30-11, 09:46
Not surprising.

Spurholder
09-30-11, 09:48

Now that's some funny stuff right there:haha:

30 cal slut
09-30-11, 11:57

Ouch! :haha::sarcastic:

Redmanfms
09-30-11, 13:28

:sarcastic:

sandman99and9
09-30-11, 15:27
I have some french military weapons for you,

Never been fired and only dropped once :D

S.M.

VooDoo6Actual
09-30-11, 15:54
Can I get some Wine w/ that ND.

Sam
09-30-11, 17:48
Was his name Francois Grebner?

GermanSynergy
09-30-11, 17:50
Was his name Francois Grebner?

:lol::lol::lol:

Suwannee Tim
09-30-11, 20:25
I wonder if he was well trained enough to call his Mère after he shot himself.

kmrtnsn
09-30-11, 21:23
I heard it was a Fauconnoir holster.

TOrrock
09-30-11, 21:36

God damn.......:haha:

4x4twenty6
09-30-11, 22:08
"Failed drop safety.... Do the French even know how to re-holster? (Sorry, too easy.)"

I didn't think the French even knew how to draw much less re-holster.

I wonder if the American that rushed to his aide had any smart ass comments running through his head. I sure as shit would have.

Every time I think of the French I think of the taunting scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail. CLASSIC!

noops
09-30-11, 22:39
So...I'm guessing he didn't recertify?

armakraut
09-30-11, 22:45
When the french officers go into combat, they never have to worry about reholstering their pistol.

The_War_Wagon
09-30-11, 23:50
So, the question everyone's dying to know is - WAS Clouseau recertified, or not?

JSantoro
09-30-11, 23:53
Since I keep reading the title as "UN-instructor," I'm guessing no.

Vegas
10-01-11, 01:23
Being a gun instructor at the UN must be like being Abstinance Only counselour at the Kardashian household, or Ozzy Osbourne's speech therapist- they are just never going to get it.

Some quality humor in this thread but being a Limey, it's easy for me to chuckle at the French's expense :D

Every time I think of the French I think of the taunting scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail. CLASSIC!

http://youtu.be/9V7zbWNznbs

30 cal slut
10-01-11, 07:30
all ribbing aside, i am a little surprised by this, since france has what appears to be (by european standards) a pretty vibrant civilian gun culture. ownership of handguns, black rifles and suppressors are legal (just not in military calibers). hell, they sell cans over the counter there (no form 3, no CLEO signoff, no $200 tax, no wait).

i guess nobody is immune to an nd...curious as always what happened in this case.

Suwannee Tim
10-01-11, 20:49
Since 30 caliber has taken a minority position, I'll join him. The alternative to French capitulation to the Germans in WWII would have been the destruction of their nation and they were not willing to do that. That and the surrender to Hanoi has marked them as surrender monkeys. Prior to WWII though, the French always fought vigorously and often. French casualties in WWI for example were appalling but they persevered nevertheless.

GermanSynergy
10-02-11, 09:50
Since 30 caliber has taken a minority position, I'll join him. The alternative to French capitulation to the Germans in WWII would have been the destruction of their nation and they were not willing to do that. That and the surrender to Hanoi has marked them as surrender monkeys. Prior to WWII though, the French always fought vigorously and often. French casualties in WWI for example were appalling but they persevered nevertheless.

The French also fought a long and brutal war in Algeria. It wasn't so much the French soldier failing in 1940, it was the cowardly and craven politicians.

I wonder if this instructor say something like:

Je suis le seul assez professionnelle dans cette salle, que je sais de, à gérer cette S&W ...

30 cal slut
10-03-11, 06:54
:D

http://ar15france.com/brd/portal.php

I have to dust off my French. :p

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-03-11, 10:31
:D

http://ar15france.com/brd/portal.php

I have to dust off my French. :p

Le forum francophone des black riflemen.

chadbag
10-03-11, 10:48
Le forum francophone des black riflemen.

The Academy Française may be after them. They have some English on their main page...

If military calibers are not allowed, I wonder what they use for a normal standard caliber in an AR. (or maybe 223 is not the same as 5.56? ;) )

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-03-11, 20:33
The Academy Française may be after them. They have some English on their main page...

If military calibers are not allowed, I wonder what they use for a normal standard caliber in an AR. (or maybe 223 is not the same as 5.56? ;) )

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw 'Black'.

That Guy = Ce Mec

Gear Whore = putain de vitesse

Bushmaster makes the best rifles = Bushmaitre fait le meilleur fusil

Olympic Arms Sucks = Olympic Arms Sucks

I guess it doesn't matter what language the last one is in.

chadbag
10-04-11, 10:30
Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw 'Black'.

That Guy = Ce Mec

Gear Whore = putain de vitesse

Bushmaster makes the best rifles = Bushmaitre fait le meilleur fusil

Olympic Arms Sucks = Olympic Arms Sucks

I guess it doesn't matter what language the last one is in.

Dude. You say those things much too well.