PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this on their M&P pistol??

Joker
10-01-11, 16:26
I recently purchased an M&P full sized 9mm, and took it out to try out against the Glock and Springfield XD for comparison.

I didn't notice it at first, but after returning home, I realized there's no white paint (dot) on the front sight. There appears to be a hole there for the paint to be applied, but it is just plain black.

So I am unsure if it was there to begin with, or if it came off during shooting, however, it is probably more likely it was never there to begin with. I am thinking about just using some "testors" model paint and just fill it in. I'm sure S&W would take care of it for me, but not sure if its worth the time and wait to have it sent back.

Anyone else on here have an M&P pistol lacking a white insert/paint on the front sight?

Hmac
10-01-11, 16:49
My M&P9L with stock sights has a white dot on the front sight.

beastfrog
10-01-11, 16:50
It fell out. It's happened more than once. Got white paint?

Sam
10-01-11, 16:53
You noticed after you got back home ..... hmmm ..... I guess you didn't see the front sight :) Hope you hit the target.

If you want to paint your front sight, any paint will do, Testors, car touch up paint, Krylon, etc. It can be white, red, orange (construction type), lime green, etc. Any color that is very bright and standout, something that attracts your eye. You can use any applicator, you can put it in that round hole or paint the entire front sight. I prefer painting the whole front sight.

It's not rocket science.

BTW, you can figure out what front sight came with the gun if you look at the box.

Joker
10-01-11, 18:08
It fell out. It's happened more than once. Got white paint?
So this is not the first time you've heard of it then. Not sure if thats good or bad :blink:

Yeah, I've got some paint. Just seems odd on a new pistol. Never heard of it happening before.:confused:

You noticed after you got back home ..... hmmm ..... I guess you didn't see the front sight :) Hope you hit the target.

If you want to paint your front sight, any paint will do, Testors, car touch up paint, Krylon, etc. It can be white, red, orange (construction type), lime green, etc. Any color that is very bright and standout, something that attracts your eye. You can use any applicator, you can put it in that round hole or paint the entire front sight. I prefer painting the whole front sight.

It's not rocket science.

BTW, you can figure out what front sight came with the gun if you look at the box.

Yeah, I hit the target lol. Not sure at what point the dot fell out then. I have some Testors paint. Looks like I'll be grabbing some rubbing alcohol and then some white paint to take care of it.

CoryCop25
10-01-11, 18:17
Perfect time for an Ameriglo Hackthorn front! :D

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20MP%2045/P1000932.jpg

Joker
10-01-11, 20:06
Perfect time for an Ameriglo Hackthorn front! :D

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/CoryCop25/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20MP%2045/P1000932.jpg

Hey now, THATS nice and bright!:D

CoryCop25
10-01-11, 21:42
Hey now, THATS nice and bright!:D

I have them on almost all my handguns now. They are truly an improvement.

JW5219
10-02-11, 07:44
That Ameriglo Hackathorn is nice! Unfortunately, the front sight dot falling off the M&P's is not uncommon.

Scorpion
10-02-11, 10:36
Mine fell out a long time ago. I didn't notice until long after the fact.

mizer67
10-02-11, 10:39
It's happened to me on all 4 of my M&Ps.

Also lost the right rear white dot on one of them.

Happened as well on a Warren tritium front to the white outline around the vial.

A toothpick and a little white house paint are your friends.

Joker
10-02-11, 22:20
Thanks for the input guys. I never would have guessed it was that common. :confused: