PDA

View Full Version : Geissele S2S Discontinued?

hals1
10-02-11, 10:05
I was just going over my MidwayUSA wish list and it had the S2S listed as "Discontinued by manufacturer". Geissele's web site indicates it is still to come.
Does anybody know what's up?
Does anybody know where the S2S is available? I was thinking of trying one out (or maybe an SSA). Do they work with the CMMG .22 conversion bolt? I can't think of any reason it wouldn't.

Robb Jensen
10-02-11, 10:45
It'll be sold to rifle manufacturers for triggers in new guns.

SA80Dan
10-02-11, 16:27
Does anybody know where the S2S is available?

Try ADCO - before they run out of the individual ones they have left.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=4655

Barnaby
10-03-11, 16:01
Ordered one from Steve on Thursday.. it arrived on Saturday.

I'll have to compare the S2S to the SSA..

browneu
10-03-11, 16:43
It'll be sold to rifle manufacturers for triggers in new guns.

That might cannibalize sales of their other aftermmarket triggers if people feel the trigger in their stock rifle doesn't need upgraded.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
10-03-11, 17:07
We will offer these triggers in the Colt, BCM, DD, etc guns we sell.

C4

Dionysusigma
10-03-11, 23:09
Doesn't make much sense to me for a company to restrict their own product like this. Why not continue to both sell them to manufacturers, and to consumers (via the usual suppliers)?:confused:

ALCOAR
10-04-11, 00:10
I tried my best to get more folks turned on to these before they disappeared. We won't see another trigger that even comes close to delivering what the S2S did for $125!

Looks like the famous disappearing second stage RRA and the downright unsafe Bill Springfield specials will live on...

BufordTJustice
10-04-11, 00:28
I tried my best to get more folks turned on to these before they disappeared. We won't see another trigger that even comes close to delivering what the S2S did for $125!

Looks like the famous disappearing second stage RRA and the downright unsafe Bill Springfield specials will live on...

Haha. You totally reminded me of the RRA! I got a bud who has a dpms 16" carbine (thing shoots rough) who had one in his. I shot it when he first got the RRA installed and it wasn't bad.

Several months later, we were at our agency range and I witnessed him have several unintentional double and triple taps....we took the rifle off-line and I started to fiddle with it and found out why...that trigger had self-polished (that's putting it kindly) its 2nd stage away. OH SNAP. Funny thing was he refused to admit that it had broken itself. After a brief go-f*ck-yourself conversation, I told him to simply not shoot when I'm on the line because I didn't trust the thing. He has since quietly replaced it with a Wilson Tactical TTU.

The S2S is gonna be the bee's knee's for complete lowers, though.

ALCOAR
10-04-11, 00:43
lol...there are some folks that just won't listen. It's not whether or not the RRA will have it's second stage dissappear...it's when it will occur as it's absolutely inevitable. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it:)

The S2S might not be a SD-C/E, but for almost half the price it's one helluva deal imho.

It was the perfect trigger for those who were curious about upgrading into a quality 2stage trigger.

m1a_scoutguy
10-04-11, 00:59
Well,,I couldn't help myself,,I just ordered one !!!! I am normally a Day Late & a Dollar Short guy,,but figured I better jump on one of these !!! Impulse buy to the MAX,:dance3:,,but I know I won't be disappointed,,LOL !!! Thanks for the heads up guys,,& I will let ya know when it arrives & how she works !!

BufordTJustice
10-04-11, 01:29
Well,,I couldn't help myself,,I just ordered one !!!! I am normally a Day Late & a Dollar Short guy,,but figured I better jump on one of these !!! Impulse buy to the MAX,:dance3:,,but I know I won't be disappointed,,LOL !!! Thanks for the heads up guys,,& I will let ya know when it arrives & how she works !!

I'm very confident you won't regret it. :cool:

Barnaby
10-04-11, 21:12

Worked on me.. I got one :-)

Nefarious79
10-04-11, 23:31
Im surprised they didnt give it more time on the market, seems like R&D, marketing and everything that goes with it is the hard part...seemed like a good idea to offer an entry level trigger. Oh well the show goes on.

ALCOAR
10-05-11, 00:42
Barnaby and m1a...if you guys don't mind, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on these triggers after you use them some.

Here is a larger S2S thread where some other members were nice enough to leave their feedback....
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82827&page=4

Great thing now is that if somebody for whatever reason decides to sell their S2S, they will more than likely fetch a small premium on it.

SomeOtherGuy
10-05-11, 08:58
Im surprised they didnt give it more time on the market, seems like R&D, marketing and everything that goes with it is the hard part...seemed like a good idea to offer an entry level trigger. Oh well the show goes on.

I'm only guessing, but here's my guess on why Geissele dropped the S2S:
-lower profit per unit than the SSA
-heavily eating into sales of the SSA
-potential to reduce their reputation from all premium triggers to some premium and some very good
-didn't want to be seeing countless threads on TOS and elsewhere that someone's S2S was only 98% as good as their buddy's SSA and what kind of rip-off are they trying to pull anyway. :jester:

MistWolf
10-05-11, 14:17
Anyone stop to think that maybe it was more profitable for Geisselle to work a deal to supply S2S triggers for somebody's lowers and to meet the order, supply that customer exclusively? Or that to secure the contract, they agreed to give that customer an exclusive? This move is a potential game changer and could give Geisselle a much greater presence in the AR world

SomeOtherGuy
10-05-11, 14:31
The rumors I'm reading here suggest that the S2S will be available to any manufacturer (as long as sold installed and not as a drop-in part), not just a single one with an exclusive right to them. I don't see that distribution to manufacturers is necessarily more profitable than distributors and major retailers. I do see that the change prevents competition with an established line (the SSA and SD_ combat triggers) which costs more and has a flawless reputation. It also would put the manufacturer in between the end customer and Geissele in the event of any claimed problems, reducing the workload at the Geissele business level. I wasn't really joking with my comment about potential TOS threads complaining about the S2S being (say) 98% as good as the SSA instead of 103% as good.

Failure2Stop
10-05-11, 16:24
I am sad to see it unavailable as an individual purchase, but I also see it in a positive light as now the option exists to get a "bargain" precision lower at just above the cost of a regular lower. It would be cool to see LMT, DD, BCM, or Noveske offer a lower with one of there already installed, and I bet they will sell very well.
Kinda like the MOE of 2-stage triggers.

I don't see it threatening the upper eschelon aftermarket triggers. For those dedicated to that aspect of shooting, there isn't much else that will do other than those very nice, relatively expensive triggers.

m1a_scoutguy
10-08-11, 00:53
Barnaby and m1a...if you guys don't mind, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on these triggers after you use them some.

Here is a larger S2S thread where some other members were nice enough to leave their feedback....
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82827&page=4

Great thing now is that if somebody for whatever reason decides to sell their S2S, they will more than likely fetch a small premium on it.

Hey Trident,,received my trigger today,,(Friday) I got home from work (2nd Shift) and its now 1:30AM and installed lubed and ready to rock !!! It feels really nice just in the lower and snapping it a few times,,,,no upper on it at the moment,,but nice just the same!!! I'm gonna hit the range on Saturday for sure,,its gonna be close to 80 on Sat. & in Upstate NY the first week of October,,that's freaking AWESOME,,:dance3: !!!! So with that said,,I'll get back at ya in the next few days for sure !!!

ALCOAR
10-08-11, 01:26
Fantastic, and I'm glad you got one in time as they are officially sold out according to the thread Ive been following about them on TOS.

Again, for $125 this trigger is unbeatable by a huge margin imho. Somethings apparently are too good to be true as the individual AR builder really stood to gain from having this trigger stick around a bit longer.

Gotta run, I hear a Super Dynamic calling my name:p

BufordTJustice
10-08-11, 02:18
Trident,

I agree. These triggers are going to redefine the standard for a quality trigger in complete lowers.

polydeuces
10-08-11, 08:08
Just confirmed - I've been living under a rock, or asleep at the wheel.....
But then again, why would I anticipate they're going to yank it off the shelves like that?:confused::(

Going to post on EE as well, but while at it, anyone having an xtra S2S trigger for sale, Ill gladly take it off their hands.

polydeuces
10-11-11, 20:59
OK, apparently it's official - is it just me or is this just about the biggest load of crap you've ever heard?
So here is a Geissele to be had without setting you back 2 bills, and what do they do? I mean........ "S2S available to manufacturers only"... :shout:
Manufacturers of what, exactly?

Waylander
10-11-11, 22:36
OK, apparently it's official - is it just me or is this just about the biggest load of crap you've ever heard?
So here is a Geissele to be had without setting you back 2 bills, and what do they do? I mean........ "S2S available to manufacturers only"... :shout:
Manufacturers of what, exactly?

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or actually wondering but they'll be going to lower/rifle manufacturers only. I don't know if this was a calculated move by them or sort of a false start but it's definitely a tease.

Just hang on a while and I guarantee you people will be pulling these straight out to do higher quality trigger upgrades or shoot them a few times and decide they don't want a 2 stage. Or just save $30 or $40 and get a better SSA.

SomeOtherGuy
10-11-11, 22:44
I really don't think Geissele is the kind of company that would do a tease or some other iffy marketing move. I highly suspect that this was really intended as a permanent retail item, and was pulled for some or all of the reasons I mentioned above - especially hassles from people expecting absolute perfection, which the SSA more reliably delivers with its EDM machining. Many companies that start with a premium product find out that a mass-market product (as much as a $125 AR trigger could be) presents equal or greater hassle per unit without delivering the same profits. If you have huge spare capacity it may still make sense; if you have little spare capacity, it probably doesn't.

I agree that these will make it to the secondary market as people pull them from factory rifles to install pricier triggers.

Waylander
10-11-11, 23:08
I really don't think Geissele is the kind of company that would do a tease or some other iffy marketing move. I highly suspect that this was really intended as a permanent retail item, and was pulled for some or all of the reasons I mentioned above - especially hassles from people expecting absolute perfection, which the SSA more reliably delivers with its EDM machining. Many companies that start with a premium product find out that a mass-market product (as much as a $125 AR trigger could be) presents equal or greater hassle per unit without delivering the same profits. If you have huge spare capacity it may still make sense; if you have little spare capacity, it probably doesn't.

I agree that these will make it to the secondary market as people pull them from factory rifles to install pricier triggers.

So a guy wants a new lower and he sees a standard trigger option or for X dollars more (a lot less than a new S2S) so it's a no brainer. So maybe they don't want to sell them standalone because it would eat into the deals they've possibly inked with manufacturers. And also not eat into the sales of the SSA and better triggers like you said. The novice will be happier with it coming preinstalled in a new lower and probably won't be as apt to complain about the "98% as good as the SSA" as you said. At least not as much as if he forks out nearly as much as an SSA and installs it himself.

It's odd I contacted Geiselle about this very issue about a week ago and haven't gotten a response. I simply asked if they were going to be sold exclusively to manufacturers now and not individually.

ALCOAR
10-11-11, 23:22
Geissele is very busy, they have been opening a new badass shop...if you call them, you will talk to them.

The last thing in the world that Geissele would be is a tease.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/251726_10150262253695233_286968105232_7910000_789504_n.jpg

check out their facebook page for more pics of their new sweet setup.

polydeuces
10-12-11, 00:38
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or actually wondering but they'll be going to lower/rifle manufacturers only. I don't know if this was a calculated move by them or sort of a false start but it's definitely a tease.

Just hang on a while and I guarantee you people will be pulling these straight out to do higher quality trigger upgrades or shoot them a few times and decide they don't want a 2 stage. Or just save $30 or $40 and get a better SSA.

Both.

Really wondering what the deal is - it's just a bit weird.