PDA

View Full Version : Colt M16A4 upper mated to an LMT lower?

Newaza
10-02-11, 12:12
Will a new Colt M16A4 upper fit on an LMT lower without any modification? I get a little confused about Colt's proprietary holes. I suspect it will fit without modification, but I was hoping to get some confirmation in this regard. The upper I am looking at is this: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=252561619

Since I am a CA resident, the Colt lowers are pretty much a no-go. I was thinking the best route to take would be a complete LMT rifle lower coupled with the Colt upper. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Buck
10-02-11, 12:28
It will fit; however, that is a lot of coin for what you are getting. If you want a CA off list USMC A4 clone, I would recommend that you look into a Bravo Company A4 rifle upper with a M16 bolt carrier group, and a complete Bravo Company lower with an A2 stock and grip. This would be a very high quality, all matching rifle, at a very competitive price point.

If you send an email to Gran at G&R ( sales@gandrtactical.com ) I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Just my .02

B

Eurodriver
10-02-11, 13:10
It will fit; however, that is a lot of coin for what you are getting. If you want a CA off list USMC A4 clone, I would recommend that you look into a Bravo Company A4 rifle upper with a M16 bolt carrier group, and a complete Bravo Company lower with an A2 stock and grip. This would be a very high quality, all matching rifle, at a very competitive price point.

If you send an email to Gran at G&R ( sales@gandrtactical.com ) I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Just my .02

B

Seconded.

It is a Colt, its a good piece of equipment but you can get the same thing for less from Bravo Company which will be all matching. You can't get a Colt lower as you said, so there shouldn't be any appeal to the Colt upper unless you just have to have a Colt.

Newaza
10-02-11, 13:13
Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. :)

ccosby
10-02-11, 13:59
I second the complete bcm rifle.

Anyway the only colt rifles that had proprietary holes were the civilian rifles as far as the take down pins went. They also had lowers with different sized fire control group holes but since you are in ca that doesn't really apply. Colt military uppers will fit a standard ar-15 lower without issue.