PDA

View Full Version : Extended Controls for Gen 4 Glock

LOTX
10-02-11, 12:14
I've looked around for a strong answer to this question, but knew I could get some solid feedback here.

I have recently purchased 2 Gen 4 Glocks and had most of the available extended controls put on before shipment. The one item Glockmeister did not offer at the time was an extended magazine release for the Gen 4. To take it a step further, I am a left handed shooter and have switched the magazine release to the right side of the pistol so I can utilize my thumb to release the mag as opposed to using the index finger. As I have only had the chance to shoot around 2500 rounds through the new pistol over the past month, one thing I see as an issue is the new magazine release Glock is using. I don't have small hands but it's just too flush with the frame for my liking and want to get an extended release.

The problem is there are not many companies as of now making one for the Gen 4 and little to no feedback on the ones out there. Does anyone have any input on an extended mag release button and the good, the bad, and the ugly of what's out there? Thanks in advance!

xcibes
10-02-11, 12:45
I am planning on purchasing a Gen4 G17 and while I like the larger mag release, I would really like a Vickers Tactical mag release for Gen4. I have in on my 17 and on my 19, and it works real well for me. The standard Glick mag release is too flush for my taste as well on the Gen4s.

LOTX
10-02-11, 13:02
I also have a Vicker's mag release on my Gen 3 22c and think it's an excellent piece of equipment. I have had the pleasure shooting with LAV at Blackwater over the years and tend to endorse his gear because I feel like it's built for functional purposes, not gimmicky. I'm looking to find something of that nature for the Gen 4 and it's seemingly been a futile attempt thus far. I know Larry has kicked the idea around but don't think he's gotten to the point of design and production.

jdavis6576
10-02-11, 13:12
I took a class from LAV this past spring and he mentioned he was coming out with a magazine release for the Gen4 but gave no ETA. I purchased a Gen4 G26 for my wife (my other Glocks are RTF2s) so I'm wanting to pick one up myself but am in no huge hurry. My G19s see most of the carry time and my wife rarely carries as we're usually together in permissive environments.

As an aside, I'm also waiting on the Gen4 subcompact grip plug from Glockmeister, I hope they'll be released soon.