PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint PRO with Other Mount

hals1
10-02-11, 12:46
I know someone had the PRO for sale a while back with a decent mount, but I can't find anything on it. Orange search button turned up over 12 pages of possibilities-I'm not that patient.
Anybody know if any companies are offering PROs with alternative mount?

NoveskeFan
10-02-11, 12:49
As far as I know, you have to buy the PRO as is and get a seperate mount (ADM, Larue, etc.).

Palmguy
10-02-11, 13:19
If you want a different mount anyways, you might look at just getting whichever "conventional" Aimpoint suits your fancy and whatever mount you want. Check G&R Tactical, also Larue sells package deals as well.

Army Chief
10-02-11, 13:39
As far as I know, you have to buy the PRO as is and get a seperate mount (ADM, Larue, etc.).

I'm not really tracking here. The standad PRO configuration includes a factory QRP2 "rail grabber" modular mount, which is a perfectly serviceable mounting solution for most.

AC

NoveskeFan
10-02-11, 13:55
I'm not really tracking here. The standad PRO configuration includes a factory QRP2 "rail grabber" modular mount, which is a perfectly serviceable mounting solution for most.

AC

Sorry, I meant "as is", with the factory supplied mount.

Bedford Forrest
10-02-11, 16:25
Larue offers the PRO with their mounts.

BCmJUnKie
10-02-11, 16:32
You save money when you buy the Optic/Mount combo.

Get a LaRue mount and be done with it

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-pro-patrol-rifle-optic-wlarue-tactical-qd-mount

hals1
10-02-11, 17:00
You save money when you buy the Optic/Mount combo.

Get a LaRue mount and be done with it

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-pro-patrol-rifle-optic-wlarue-tactical-qd-mount

That's the one. Thanks BCm.

nimdabew
10-02-11, 20:06
So can we start calling Larue mounts "the other mount" now?[/toungandcheek]

Eric
10-06-11, 15:49
This might be somewhat redundant, but it might be worth your time to try out the included QRP2 mount. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but found that it works fine for my needs. Keep your eyes open for deals on the PRO. I've picked up mine for about $380.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Aimpoint/IMG_0864BW.jpg

Beat Trash
10-06-11, 19:02
My primary gun has a T-1 with a LaRue mount.

O few months ago I started to set up a spare carbine, wanting it to be identical to my primary gun. Only I didn't have the $ for the T-1 and mount.

Last Labour day, a vender had a sale, 15% off, and it applied for the PRO. I got a PRO for $340 shipped.

My plans were to sell off the QRP2 mount and replace it with a LaRue mount. The more I use it though, the less concerned I am about replacing the mount.

Hmac
10-06-11, 19:32
I just finished a three-day Tricon carbine course. Lot's of shooting, but as is inevitable, lot's of standing around wearing a chest rig with rifle hanging. My Gunfighter Mod 4 was a problem at times, but the QRP knob on my Aimpoint PRO absolutely was not.

hals1
10-06-11, 19:40
I just finished a three-day Tricon carbine course. Lot's of shooting, but as is inevitable, lot's of standing around wearing a chest rig with rifle hanging. My Gunfighter Mod 4 was a problem at times, but the QRP knob on my Aimpoint PRO absolutely was not.

That is nice to hear. I was concerned from the pictures that it would stick out and be in the way. Maybe I'll just try out the stock version. It is sure cheaper.

SIMBA-LEE
10-06-11, 19:50

AC

+1 My PRO is great, including the mount. I can't imagine wanting a different mount.