PDA

View Full Version : Night Fighting M&P

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 14:44
With the release of the CT grips for the M&P, my night fighting M&P is finally done and thought I would share some pics.

C4

SPECS:

M&P 9mm (full size)
Trijicon/NOVAK NS
SureFire X300
Crimson Trace Laser Grips

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/full%20size%209mm%20CT%20grips%20X300.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/full%20size%209mm%20CT%20grips%20X300a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/full%20size%209mm%20CT%20grips.jpg

M4arc
11-15-07, 14:46
That is exactly how mine will be set up when I get a set of CT grips!

Jay Cunningham
11-15-07, 14:53
That is f'ing bad-ass!

I want one!

SHIVAN
11-15-07, 14:56
:mad: ...err, what about those of us with the manual safety versions??

Where are the operation pressure pad{s}? Just in the rear, or are they on the sides too?

TOrrock
11-15-07, 15:22
Purdy sweet set up.

I need a M&P in .45 ACP.......

Bulldog1967
11-15-07, 15:25
Are they coming out with ones for the compact as well?

SHIVAN
11-15-07, 15:41

Check the marketplace...:p

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 16:17
:mad: ...err, what about those of us with the manual safety versions??

Where are the operation pressure pad{s}? Just in the rear, or are they on the sides too?

Rear only. Why would you need one on the side for?

The other great thing about these CT grips is that you can use the SureFire SL or DG switches for the X300!

C4

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 16:18
Are they coming out with ones for the compact as well?

Yes.

C4

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 16:18
Purdy sweet set up.

Got some in stock. ;)

C4

rubberneck
11-15-07, 16:25
Crimson trace is a company I want to love but can't. I just wish they carred about us southpaws as that is a really slick setup you have there.

SHIVAN
11-15-07, 16:42
Rear only. Why would you need one on the side for?

No idea, maybe these two could tell me:

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/sl11_large.jpg

http://www.crimsontrace.com/images/product/lg304_zoom.jpg

:D

The location of that pressure pad is right where an Ed Brown memory groove would hit me on my standard draw.

So in combination with my inability to control a DG switch while firing, I would be discharging laser while drawing too ...... :-(

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 16:53
Gotcha Ed. I do not have these issues so I cannot relate. :D

C4

Jay Cunningham
11-15-07, 17:11
Grant, do you activate the light with your support thumb?

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 17:13
Grant, do you activate the light with your support thumb?

Yes, unless I am running the DG switch. SF is working on a DG switch for the M&P and hope to see it at Shot Show.

C4

Jay Cunningham
11-15-07, 17:19
Yes, unless I am running the DG switch. SF is working on a DG switch for the M&P and hope to see it at Shot Show.

C4

Good news. What is your opinion on DG vs. support thumb activation? Pros/cons?

Dport
11-15-07, 17:23
Looks very good Grant.

Crimson trace is a company I want to love but can't. I just wish they carred about us southpaws as that is a really slick setup you have there.
I looked very hard at these over the last two weeks. Even sold off some stuff I don't use to finance one. Two stumbling blocks for me. The first is they use the medium contour grip insert. One of my requirements is anything I do has to be wife-friendly, her stubby fingers don't like the medium contour (her stubs were one of the reasons why I made the switch from Glock to S&W in the first place). The second was how I held the gun. Use of the CT grip would have me alter my grip in what would be an unacceptable way. It's hard using the correct hand in a world of right handers.;)

CT makes the best handgun lasers out there. It's too bad lefties are a small part of their market. Leaves us with Lasermax, which doesn't have the greatest reputation.

Yojimbo
11-15-07, 17:56
Very nice, looks good to go!

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 18:09
Good news. What is your opinion on DG vs. support thumb activation? Pros/cons?

I personally like the DG switch, but my POV and how I would use it is night and day from a HSLD type.

In the the low light class, I did not run the DG switch on my 1911 (because the button on my CT grips gets in the way).

C4

rubberneck
11-15-07, 19:01
Looks very good Grant.

I looked very hard at these over the last two weeks. Even sold off some stuff I don't use to finance one. Two stumbling blocks for me. The first is they use the medium contour grip insert. One of my requirements is anything I do has to be wife-friendly, her stubby fingers don't like the medium contour (her stubs were one of the reasons why I made the switch from Glock to S&W in the first place). The second was how I held the gun. Use of the CT grip would have me alter my grip in what would be an unacceptable way. It's hard using the correct hand in a world of right handers.;)

CT makes the best handgun lasers out there. It's too bad lefties are a small part of their market. Leaves us with Lasermax, which doesn't have the greatest reputation.

I had one of the guys at Crimson Trace tell me that I should change the way I hold a firearm as it wouldn't be profitable to make left handed models, but somehow it is profitable to make laser grips for a .22 cal Ruger.:rolleyes:

Is it asking too much for them to make left handed versions for the 1911, Glock, Beretta 92 and the M&P? Heck they offer two different versions for the Beretta alone.

Steve
11-15-07, 19:24
Looks just like mine except Im running big dots:D

Loner
11-15-07, 20:15

+1 :(