PDA

View Full Version : 10/03/2011 Tac-TV w/ Rob Leathem

SHIVAN
10-03-11, 19:59
I thought tonight's episode with US Palm and Rob Leathem was awesome. Pretty good role reversal with LAV as the student and Rob as the teacher.

How'd everyone else like it?

CoryCop25
10-03-11, 21:41
Damn, I need to get the Sportsmen channel!!!!

SHIVAN
10-03-11, 22:21
I think Tac-TV and LAV are trying to get the episodes up on the net somehow too.

However, in the interim, DVR'ing the episodes works for me from Sportsmen Channel on DirecTV channel 605.

JW5219
10-04-11, 10:58
I thought it was great! Always something to learn from the show. I usually DVR the episodes and watch them thenext morning, but happened to catch last nights as it aired.

Littlelebowski
10-04-11, 11:49
Man, I hope I can find this online. Sometimes I miss having cable.

bulbvivid
10-04-11, 12:11
It's actually the first episode that delivered what I wanted to see out of Tac-TV. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Larry and Ken play on the range, and I have found the other shows interesting. I was hoping, though, that the show would be more about shooting and the mechanics of shooting as opposed to just another show about various firearms with a host other than Michael Bane.

Larry as a student was something else. I was waiting for Rob to tell him to quit lickin' windows and go faster. I'm also going to try out that transition drill the next chance I get.

weary
10-06-11, 07:51
That episode was awesome. Getting to see Leatham discuss the draw, speed, etc. with LAV was amazing. There was a part where Leatham was critiquing LAV's draw and discussed how he recommends using the support hand during the draw. I practiced after the show and immediately saw improvement in my draw. I am glad I DVR'd it so I can watch it again and take notes, it was seriously that good. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough of it. I wish there was a whole season worth of TacTV with LAV and Leatham discussing every aspect of pistol shooting. That would blow my mind. LAV, if you read this I hope you consider having Rob and/or Hackathorn be part of your pistol DVD set.

David Thomas
10-06-11, 18:13
That episode was awesome. Getting to see Leatham discuss the draw, speed, etc. with LAV was amazing. There was a part where Leatham was critiquing LAV's draw and discussed how he recommends using the support hand during the draw. I practiced after the show and immediately saw improvement in my draw. I am glad I DVR'd it so I can watch it again and take notes, it was seriously that good. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough of it. I wish there was a whole season worth of TacTV with LAV and Leatham discussing every aspect of pistol shooting. That would blow my mind. LAV, if you read this I hope you consider having Rob and/or Hackathorn be part of your pistol DVD set.

I agree. I really enjoyed this episode. I took notes.
A pistol dvd with LAV, Hackathorn, and TGO would be priceless.

SloaneRanger
10-07-11, 10:52
Yup...ditto...really enjoyed that show...
I plan to practice those drills...
...seems like there was three drills LAV and RL did...
shoooting the split targets either side of a a barrier...
the draw with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 shots in under 2 seconds...
and I forgot the third:(