PDA

View Full Version : New Dexter

St.Michael
10-04-11, 01:28
What did you guys think of it? Very interesting stuff.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-04-11, 08:21
After watching S6E1, my wife said she was happy she had seen Dexter before because she wouldn't watch it again based on the new episode. Miami Vice and the Tom Hanks clone are interesting, but I thought the rest of the show was pretty lame. Were the writers just living out their high school reunion fantasies?

St.Michael
10-04-11, 11:55
Well I guess the way I see it is they have to have some normal things that go on in his life. I think it will get better once they introduce more of these 2 guys he is going to be chasing around for the season. I like how everyone in the show has something big going on in their lives too. Though I can see how someone would say it has lost its dark "edge"

skyugo
10-04-11, 13:39
this struck me as more like "classic" dexter... with him hunting people down instead of so much of the lifetime movie moments...
I'd basically say seasons 1 and 4 were the best though...
5 was.. eh..

Watching michael c hall act is a good time either way.

parishioner
10-04-11, 15:15
I liked it well enough. It really helps to hear where the writers are coming from as far as character development and they did that at the beginning of the episode. I love a pair of tits as much as the next guy but it really felt forced in this episode and they probably could have done without that scene.

Still better than 95% of whats on tv these days.

ALCOAR
10-04-11, 15:22
Dexter has only been watered down more and more since season 1...is it just me or is this season gonna attack and mock Christianity?

eta..they most certainly forced those beautiful breasts:)

eta 2...Breaking Bad has only gotten more intense each season, I wish Dexter had followed that course. Breaking Bad is my favorite show currently, I like Storm Chasers as well.

St.Michael
10-04-11, 16:50
I do wish and hope that it does go back to being dark. It really seems as if they are humanizing him a lot and that kind of takes away from Dexter. I did like it more when he had that hardcore dark personality. As stated above nothing will beat out seasons 1-4

I like how Quin was going to propose at a shit bar though. That was funny. He is such a tool.

St.Michael
10-13-11, 16:58
Dexter has only been watered down more and more since season 1...is it just me or is this season gonna attack and mock Christianity?

eta..they most certainly forced those beautiful breasts:)

eta 2...Breaking Bad has only gotten more intense each season, I wish Dexter had followed that course. Breaking Bad is my favorite show currently, I like Storm Chasers as well.

Looks like you had it pegged. Religion here we come.

ALCOAR
10-13-11, 19:27
lol...I almost logged in late last night just to reply to this thread after watching the second episode that I had on tivo.

holy smokes the show sucks...mini spoiler alert,

50% of the show is about Dexter and his son playing w/ dumbass toys.

30% of the show is about the worst character on it since the beginning that has zero talent and it's literally unbearable to watch this hack job of an actress stumble through the most cliche and phony scenarios that Ive seen since Golden Girls and Murder She Wrote.

15% of the show is made up of C list guest star actors like mos def and tom hank's son who supposedly have "powerful" characters or personalities.

4% of the show is dexter talking to his "ghost" father about the same shit they have talked about ever since the whole "ghost" father thing started

1% of the show is the most hurried, half assed, no emotion kills by Dexter that now come outta convenience rather than due diligence and methodical hunting.

Seriously this show is an absolute piece of shit.....pull the plug showtime as your whole lineup of "edgy" shows has become straight up short bus rider, your vanilla and mundane characters/plots make TBS look like HBO!!!

I watched the season finale of Breaking Bad as well after Dexter....what a damn piece of art that is and all the while of AMC vs. Showtime.

Stormchasers is an absolute joke as well and I prob. will not ever watch either of those two shows again. I've never have seen a program that once was considered truly exceptional be reduced to udder talentless, plot less bullshit like Dexter has become.

SORRY, I'm done with it:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-13-11, 22:57
1% of the show is the most hurried, half assed, no emotion kills by Dexter that now come outta convenience rather than due diligence and methodical hunting.

I think that is the real difference. Maybe they think people are tired of the serial killer with a heart of gold idea- but the whole work up of the bad guys sucks. In the old Dexters I wanted to bad guy to get killed- these new guys he is whacking- I really don't care.

His whole sister character is just funky. She couldn't be a cop, she isn't heavy enough to sit in the front seat of a car, she's hasn't passed the minimums for kids to be out of the back seat.

Can we just kill off her boyfriend/fiance too?

ALCOAR
10-13-11, 23:34
Yep, quiny-poo is a real douche nozzle as markm would say....love how he played such an alpha male playboy previously and then overnight he "wants more", spending 5 minutes watching boy wonder pimp the tea candles around the Chinese food with the engagement ring in the fridge was nauseating to say the least.

Larry Flint could write, direct, and produce more onscreen chemistry b/t Susan Boyle and William Hung than the hack who writes this garbage for Dexter.

The hack's 2 minute self righteous story and character development explanation prior to the actual espisode airing is perhaps the best part of the whole show...Thankfully he takes the time to inform us about the extremely deep processes behind Dexter not wanting to pass the ghey "dark passenger" along to his prodigal son. Take a look at the Showtime Series lineup....newsflash Showtime, Your ****ing out! - Kenny ****ing Powers :D

Secret Diary of a Call Girl
United States of Tara
Gigolos
Nurse Jackie
The L Word
The Big C
The Tudors

I'll spare you the rest