PDA

View Full Version : maritime ciras

millerlite
10-04-11, 05:17
Hey guys... I am in the market for a new vest and am definately leaning toward this. I was wondering though if there is anything better out there. All help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

millerlite
10-09-11, 14:14
Can anyone tell me the difference between the lmt 6094a,b, and c?

Failure2Stop
10-09-11, 14:56
The CIRAS is a full BALCS/SPEAR armor package and requires soft armor to fit correctly. As such it is very heavy with only minimally greater protection to the user unless shrapnel is a major concern in your neighborhood. Even if you are in the market for a full armor package, the CIRAS is about 5 years out of date and there are much better BALCS/SPEAR vests out there.

Highly recommend looking at simple plate carriers from companies such as Eagle, SKD, Tyr, Paraclete, and LBT. There are other reputable companies making plate carriers, I just wrote the first 5 that came to mind instead of trying to name every gear maker in the world.

norbis
10-10-11, 12:30
Something else to consider. There is a ton of Diamond Back Tactical stuff on ebay right now. We talked about this in another thread in the Tactical Gear forum. I bought one of the DBT plate carriers for well under $100. Im not affiliated with the seller in any way; Just passing on intel about a good deal.