PDA

View Full Version : Good Range Day..

Straight Shooter
10-04-11, 17:45
Had the range to myself today, was absolutely gorgeous day today.
Took my Beretta M9, Glock 21, and Ruger 3" SP101.
Also had my LMT carbine.
Shot about 200 rounds thru the M9, and I am just still so impressed with this pistol. Has been absolutely 100% reliable with everything Ive shot thru it for now over 5000 rounds. And with 115gr and 124+P gr ammo is laser accurate. I had replaced the recoil springs in both semi's, as usual with heavier than factory springs. And as usual went out check out reliability of both. The G21 did fine, one mag did give me 3 FTF's, so it comes out of the stack to be resprung.
After shooting over 100 rounds thru the M9, I did a 6 mag dump, just to see what would happen,and the damn thing fed like a champ and I flat ate up a zombie target. I know the M9 is either a love hate, but I would trust my life to this one every time. I CC it from time to time with 124gr+P HST federals.
The Ruger SP101 is a true delight to shoot. Had some WRIST BREAKERS I wanted to try, some hot 125 JSP's, and boy howdy, you damn sure know when you fire these baby's! I carry +p .38's in it, as they are very accurate. The LMT now has 880 rounds of M193 & M855. Has been 100% reliable so far. Very accurate too. I run a Sprinco "red" recoil spring, and the black Spikes buffer, and it calmed it down a lot from the way it was from the factory. Ill run another 1000 thru it before I pronounce it GTG. Oh, also shot some 40gr. ballistic tip ammo reloads and at 25yards got a 6 shot thunbnail group again! Thats twice now, and it even fed and cycled them!
Hadnt been able to get much trigger time in for about 2 months, was trying to get permanent hired at a new job. I got it, so now maybe I can get out a bit more. I really want to wring out the LMT more, its a fun rifle, everyone always wants to shoot it.
Just thankful that, as ****ed up as things are in this country, I can get out, ride around with a truck full of guns and ammo, go shoot, and have a peaceful day like today.

Pork Chop
10-04-11, 18:00
How is carrying that M9 concealed?:smile:

Seriously, what do you use for a carry setup with it?

Straight Shooter
10-04-11, 18:19
HA! I know, I gotta cinch up my britches good-n-tight when I carry it!!
And, believe it or not, I wear a Serpa holster with just a T shirt, and you CANNOT tell Ive got it on, Ive tested this many times, and with a slightly loose T..you just cant tell.
Hell, I dont give a damn if someone DOES see it, come to think of it!!
Also carry a spare mag on left side in a BlackHawk belt clip holder.
Fairly weighty rig, but I dont care. As Clint says.." its not meant to be comfortable, its meant to be COMFORTING!"
AMEN.

ST911
10-04-11, 21:08
Indeed, a good day for shooting. I went out with my non-FG/R G22, a 6720, and my sport utility bolt gun in 308. Lots of practical drills, and a good time.

On concealing an M9. When I CCW'ed an M9, I used a Desantis Thumb break scabbard. It rides high and hugs the body well. A good belt is a must.

Pork Chop
10-04-11, 21:43
Indeed, a good day for shooting. I went out with my non-FG/R G22, a 6720, and my sport utility bolt gun in 308. Lots of practical drills, and a good time.

On concealing an M9. When I CCW'ed an M9, I used a Desantis Thumb break scabbard. It rides high and hugs the body well. A good belt is a must.

I like to carry IWB, so I was interested to see if others were carrying the equivalent of an SBR in their pants?:haha:

I prefer IWB so a FULL FULL size pistol like the M9 isn't practical but I may give it a try with a Crossbreed or something like that?

Wildcat
10-04-11, 21:52
After shooting over 100 rounds thru the M9, I did a 6 mag dump, just to see what would happen...

That exposed barrel becomes a heat hazard when you do that. Be careful what you grab when manipulating the pistol after a binge like that. :D

ST911
10-05-11, 22:45
[/B]I like to carry IWB, so I was interested to see if others were carrying the equivalent of an SBR in their pants?:haha:...I prefer IWB so a FULL FULL size pistol like the M9 isn't practical but I may give it a try with a Crossbreed or something like that?

My IWB choice for the M9 was an Andrews MacDaniel.

While the M9 is a full-size gun, it's not an impossible gun to CCW, nor is it as difficult as most would think. It's all about the holster and belt. Buy high quality stuff, you get good results.

A mil colleague CCWs his gov M9 in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard. I hadn't discovered Kramer stuff back then, but were I to carry an M9 in leather again, it would be in that holster.