PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCR

cathellsk
10-05-11, 16:23
I just traded a S&W Bodyguard .380 for a Ruger LCR with the XS front sight earlier today. I'm a S&W guy when it comes to snubbies and have several and carry a 642-1 daily. This is my first LCR and I realize I haven't bothered reading much on them compared to J frames.

What's everyone's opinion of them?

So far I like the grip even though it is bulky. The trigger is light, but not as smooth, compared to a J frame. I have an Apex Tactical J frame duty kit in my Centennial, so I think that evens them up some. Absolutely love the XS front sight! I paid extra for this version but definitely wanted it over the standard sights.

What kind of aftermarket is there for these?

wlptpd3
10-05-11, 17:30
Last year a bunch of us got together and bought one for a co-worker of ours who is a pretty established firearms instructor for his 50th birthday. He had carried the same model 60 for about 20 years, shortly after putting alot of rounds through his new LCR he retired the model 60. He put the XS big dot on the front and he loves the thing, it now resides in his cargo pocket every shift.

ImBroke
10-05-11, 20:09
I have one with the XS sights, standard and boot grips. I find it easier to shoot accurately than my 340M&P or 642. Not so much b/c the trigger pull is lighter, it's because the trigger reach is a little longer and the geometry of the trigger shape and trigger guard shape allows me to curl my finger around the trigger without it getting pinched so when it breaks the muzzle doesn't twitch to the right. No more aim for the right shoulder to hit center of mass.

My thumb knuckle doesn't get cut by the cylinder release latch anymore. Empties extract more easily than a J, sometimes they all fall out without even hitting the rod. Felt recoil is less than the J frames when both have the boot grips due to the cushion in the LCR boot grip.

On mine, the little screw holding in the cylinder release latch would come loose but I have lock tighted it now.
I like the XS sights for their tritium and visibility but the flip side to them is the round/square shape mismatch makes it harder to obtain a consistently accurate sight picture at longer distances though I have fired a 3.5" 5 shot group offhand @25yds with the Speer 135gr+P load which is better than I could ever do with my J.

Speed strips and HKS 36 speedloaders work for them. Most holster manufs have models for the LCR now.
I have a Nemesis pocket holster, High Noon Split Decision and Don Hume JIT for it.

mhanna91
10-05-11, 20:23
I am very new to revolvers, but I opted for the 642 because of the aluminum frame vs. polymer on the LCR, and after recently trying out the trigger on an LCR, I prefer my 642's trigger partially because I can stage it. On the LCR that I looked at, the trigger could not be staged and it was one constant pull until break. I guess it's whatever you prefer. I'm no Ruger hater either, I have an LCP and my 10/22 was my very first firearm.

cathellsk
10-05-11, 21:09
....... it's because the trigger reach is a little longer and the geometry of the trigger shape and trigger guard shape allows me to curl my finger around the trigger without it getting pinched so when it breaks the muzzle doesn't twitch to the right.

I have the same problem with J frames and while dryfiring the LCR have also noticed this advantage. I'll be shooting it tomorrow.

My thumb knuckle doesn't get cut by the cylinder release latch anymore.

I occasionally have that issue with my J frames, can see the difference your talking about.

On mine, the little screw holding in the cylinder release latch would come loose but I have lock tighted it now.

Just noticed the same with mine, from dryfiring it alot today I guess. I saw the blue loctite on the threads before screwing it back in. Hope this doesn't become an annoying issue.

Does yours rattle alot? I've noticed the internals make a lot of noise when shaking it. If I hold the trigger back after dryfiring it it doesn't rattle. Obviously its just the trigger mechanism and thats fine, just annoying is all. Oh well, just me being picky.

Any quirks besides the cylinder release latch screw loosening up?

CloakandDagger
10-06-11, 00:01
I took my LCR on a hike up a mountain. It was riding in the cargo pocket of my shorts around my knee area. From that position you could clearly hear it click as it swung back and forth and bounced off my leg. This probably isn't the best way to carry the gun though for a variety of reasons.

Whenever I keep it in a pant or jacket pocket close to my body the gun does not rattle. Keeping it holstered IWB/OWB or in a jacket pocket would be your best bet.

I really like the trigger and the way the grips tame recoil. The gun is easy and fun to shoot.

Here is the most comprehensive video I've found so far on this gun.
http://www.youtube.com/user/theKGB65#p/search/0/8SJxVTldAss

I chose the LCR over a S&W 642 and do not regret it.

ImBroke
10-06-11, 08:34
Does yours rattle alot? I've noticed the internals make a lot of noise when shaking it. If I hold the trigger back after dryfiring it it doesn't rattle. Obviously its just the trigger mechanism and thats fine, just annoying is all. Oh well, just me being picky.

Any quirks besides the cylinder release latch screw loosening up?

Yes, I pocket carry and can hear the internals jingling -if there are no other sounds-. No other people will hear it and think gun, they'll think keys or change.

Haven't noticed any other quirks yet. Something that I wouldn't mind changed:
1. User removable cylinder and crane for cleaning
2. Original grips with hard sides just like on the boot grip. I think that the original grip shape is one of the best for small revolvers, still pocketable but hand filling. But the sticky sides slow down the draw and rub against my bare skin when I carry IWB without undershirt so I use the boot grip.

decodeddiesel
10-08-11, 00:33
The more I carry, the more situations I find where the LCR would be perfect. Even though it may not be as sexy as other offerings, there is no disputing the utility of this weapon.

Suwannee Tim
10-08-11, 05:05
I carried a 340 PD which was being destroyed by dirt, sweat and occasional inundation and immersion. I retired it for an LCR which is much easier to thoroughly clean and is more corrosion resistant.

jti2255
10-09-11, 22:52
I like the ruger also, i have had a few in past would like to buy another in future!

mountainbear
10-10-11, 19:26
The .357 version is a few ounces heavier than the .38 and that makes the difference for me. The .38 version is too light. It feels like I've got a squirtgun in my hand. The .357 is better, although probably not good enough to make me trade in my j-frame.

SmokeJumper
10-10-11, 22:01
I have one with the XS sights, standard and boot grips. I find it easier to shoot accurately than my 340M&P or 642. Not so much b/c the trigger pull is lighter, it's because the trigger reach is a little longer and the geometry of the trigger shape and trigger guard shape allows me to curl my finger around the trigger without it getting pinched so when it breaks the muzzle doesn't twitch to the right. No more aim for the right shoulder to hit center of mass.

My thumb knuckle doesn't get cut by the cylinder release latch anymore. Empties extract more easily than a J, sometimes they all fall out without even hitting the rod. Felt recoil is less than the J frames when both have the boot grips due to the cushion in the LCR boot grip.

I like the XS sights for their tritium and visibility but the flip side to them is the round/square shape mismatch makes it harder to obtain a consistently accurate sight picture at longer distances though I have fired a 3.5" 5 shot group offhand @25yds with the Speer 135gr+P load which is better than I could ever do with my J.

Speed strips and HKS 36 speedloaders work for them. Most holster manufs have models for the LCR now.
I have a Nemesis pocket holster, High Noon Split Decision and Don Hume JIT for it.

I'm a long time carrying j-frame guy and I recently shot an LCR and the first thing I noticed after several rounds down range, not cut up and split thumb knuckle. That has peaked my interest in this gun. Due to this "user induced injury" I usually wear one glove on my primary hand when shooting the j-frame for extended periods, works ok, since it is a BUG. The one I shot was a range rental gun and it too had a screw starting to back out of it, but I asked regarding the history of the gun, it has been a rental gun since coming into the store and has been cleaned twice in about 2 year period. Definitely want to shoot a coworker's new LCR before making any decisions.

Javelin
10-10-11, 22:02
I really like my LCR. Great little pistol that you can take pretty much anywhere dressed in basically any attire of your choosing. That is important for a CCW.

ray0351
10-12-11, 18:27
I just bought mine a few days ago. I had my doubts until I put about 200 rounds down range.

Triton28
10-12-11, 20:58
Excellent pocket gun. I carry mine whenever I can't carry IWB, which is a lot these days. I've had zero issues.

thei3ug
10-15-11, 17:11
I'll justify your purchase.
I bought one as a birthday present for the wife when they first came out. I'm at the point where I'll be selling my SP101 and finding an LCR for myself.
The trigger is great, has a nice radius, but as mhanna mentioned it is impossible to stage.

In the past I think two years, I have not found a gunsmith who works on them, though at this point there's not much to do. Aftermarket is limited to a few grips and front sight posts. Fairly limited. Never found a person selling a front post with a gold bead and the wife hates XS sights, but it hasn't been an issue for its given role.

I want to try the .357 model out of curiosity, but I can't imagine it's pleasant.

Tokarev
10-15-11, 18:02
I want to try the .357 model out of curiosity, but I can't imagine it's pleasant.

You got that right! I shot one of the .357 models last year. I think I put 15 rounds through it before crying uncle.

Drew78
10-27-11, 14:09
I have LCR's in both .38 and .357.

I can EASILY stage the trigger any time I want for an incredibly precise shot. I can get cloverleaf 5 shot groups off hand at 30' by doing it. Just sayin, it is possible, at least with my 2 LCR's...

357 Maggies that are full house suck A$$. No way around it, horrible. Mid range stuff like 125gr DPX or Rem Golden Saber are not bad at all, actually quite controllable IMHO....

I have about 800 rounds through each example with ZERO issues. Great snubbie!

-Drew

anachronism
11-06-11, 21:21
The rattling sound is likely the transfer bar. They are fit loose to assure reliability. Most Ruger revolver rattle a bit when shaken. It's nothing to think twice about.

Robb Jensen
11-07-11, 00:48
I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.

montanadave
11-07-11, 07:25
I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.

I have the identical set-up. With one of the little speed-strip pouches from Tuff Products, it's the easiest "grab-n-go" I've got.

For .357, I think I'll stay with my SP101.

ImBroke
11-07-11, 08:50
For those of you with the Crimson Trace grips, how is the comfort level when practicing? I currently use the Hogue Boot Grip. The one thing keeping me from getting the Crimson Trace grips is that they seem to have a shorter trigger reach and I think I will end up in the same bucket as I did with the J frame - my trigger finger hits my thumb before the shot breaks. With the Hogues, the extra padding increases the distance and allows me to pull the trigger like I would any other gun.

Slvr Surfr
11-17-11, 17:43
I just bought a LCR-357 myself to replace the SW 442 my wife appropriated for herself! :rolleyes:

I had the chance to put a few rounds through her, shooting a a mix of 60 rounds.

10 rounds of 125gr .357 Magnum Hornady Critical Defense ammo.
10 rounds of 125 gr .38 Spcl +P Winchester Silver Tip ammo.
40 rounds of 158 gr .38 Spcl S&B ammo.

I have to say the Hornday CD .357 Magnum ammo was surprisingly comfortable. The most miserable ammo to shoot was definitely the S&B .38 Spcl ammo. I think the grain size definitely makes a difference. Since they +P and Magnum ammo felt recoil seemed negligible to me, I will be carrying the LCR with the Critical Defense ammo. I also made my own Holster with some Kydex I had laying around.

This gun shoots very nicely, compared to my 442. I found it more comfortable with the larger boot grip. I found that I was able to stage the trigger easily. I did not shoot for groups since I was purely just function testing. I think it carries just as well as my 442 also.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another even in .38 Special.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/helas_9/Revolvers/IMAG0065.jpg

ImBroke
11-18-11, 08:31
I recently installed the crimson trace grips on my LCR 38. I had to change my support hand thumb placement and the felt recoil is a bit more than either of the Hogue grips but I think that the added advantage of the laser in certain situations makes it worth it.

Silent
11-18-11, 13:11
I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.

Ga Shooter
11-19-11, 06:18
I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.

How much?

Dienekes
11-24-11, 10:41
Sorry, just can't bring myself to own ugly guns. Plus my wife's dehorned Model 37 airweight has been doing duty very well since 1976, and my 442 does everything it's supposed to. I've never even had the sideplate off which is very unusual for me.

(Full disclosure: I do own one ugly gun, a Yugo SKS. But it's in a case in the car trunk and I rarely have to actually see it.)

a_just_cause
11-25-11, 15:28
The LCR to me is a great deal in terms of value, ruggedness and performance. I like them in all aspects except for preferring the SW J frame for easy swap to non-sticky grips and for pure aesthetics.

Brimstone
11-25-11, 18:29
I bought an LCR for my mom a few weeks ago. I was torn between it and the S&W, but she said the LCR felt better so we went that way. She likes it so far and shoots it pretty well. She is pushing 70 and lives alone. This was a good choice for a HD/carry pistol for her.

a_just_cause
11-25-11, 20:52
great advice overall. I also think people need to evaluate which cylinder release method they prefer - push in for ruger or slide for S&W.

ImBroke
11-25-11, 22:02
I also think people need to evaluate which cylinder release method they prefer - push in for ruger or slide for S&W.

I think that the "shootability" advantages of the LCR over the J frame overcome any release method preference.

Slvr Surfr
11-26-11, 09:31
cosmetics don't bother me since no one will ever get to see the guns anyway. On another not I just installed a XS tritium front sight on my LCR. So far it rocks. Nice quality sight and very easy to pickup. The large dot fits into the sight channel quite nicely.

BamaM4
11-26-11, 22:46
All I know is that I love my LCR. The lightweight design and frame is excellent for concealed carry. I can pocket it and sometimes forget it is there.

A simple self defense weapon.

TACAV
12-20-11, 23:27
I carry my LCR .38spcl with XS big dots when I cant carry my bigger M&P or my Sig. I love it. So light weight. I use a Remora IWB holster. Its great for when I'm out running with just gym shorts and a t shirt.

suthrncop66
01-07-12, 01:02
just picked up a lcr 357 and remora holster....thinking of replacing my off duty Kahr pm40 with it....like the Kahr but think I would prefer the Ruger...also have no problem staging the trigger on the lcr

mhanna91
01-07-12, 13:39
I think that the "shootability" advantages of the LCR over the J frame overcome any release method preference.
Which would be what exactly? To me a small revolver is a small revolver.

williejc
01-19-12, 19:38
I have the LCR and find the ergonomics give it a comfortable big gun fit in a smaller package. The double action pull is smooth and not heavy. Grips are excellent and sights are good. All this makes up shootability for me.

dmaxfireman
01-19-12, 20:30
I bought one in .357mag for the choice of 38 or 357 and will not look back. Great little gun for when my attire does not allow my M&P45 middy

Tokarev
01-21-12, 06:29
On a somewhat related note, Ruger is now offering the LCR in 22LR.

M4arc
02-11-12, 06:54
I love my little LCR but I need to have Robb install a Big Dot sight on it.

Robb Jensen
02-11-12, 07:32
I love my little LCR but I need to have Robb install a Big Dot sight on it.

There is one in stock.

M4arc
02-11-12, 07:41
There is one in stock.

The only question is when I can get by the shop. As you can see Wednesday, Thursday and Friday filled up for me and I never made it by.:(

ETA: I hate it when work gets in the way of my fun.

blasternank
02-12-12, 21:59
My Dad has one and it is accurate and a nice gun to shoot. I'm a S&W guy but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those.

krm375
04-18-12, 05:53
Got one for my wife, in .357 she is shooting .38's through it but I liked being able to shoot either round. She preferred the grip and the trigger to the S&W's.

Up1911fan
05-01-12, 00:24
I've had my .38 for a little over a year. Bought it new with the XS front site and added CTC Lasergrips. Great pocket gun, very shootable.

skyugo
05-04-12, 22:16
I finally shot an LCR recently.

my EDC most of the time is a smith 642 (there's like 6 threads about it... :dance3: ). I bought the 642 cause i'm a little bit o a traditionalist, and figured if it had been bailing good guys out of bad situations for the last 50 years it would probably do just fine for me as well.....

anyway, my comparison:

LCR has a nicer trigger
642 has lower recoil (at the cost of being 2 ounces heavier)
642 points better for me-probably due to practice
I prefer the 642 cylinder latch
642 is waaay prettier.
I did not care for the Big Dot sights on the LCR, I had a brief love affair with big dots, it's quite over. I wouldn't mind some tritium on my j-frame, but I prefer a traditional sight picture.

that said the LCR sure is light, and plenty reliable. both smith and ruger make good revolvers. I had expected to be wowed by the ruger, left me happy with my smith. I don't have to buy anything, works for me!

Tigereye
05-05-12, 10:46
I got the LCR for my wife. We shot it and a 642 and she prefers the LCR. I liked them both but the 642 seemed a little easier to pocket carry with the smaller grip. I've got a 642 coming for myself. The LCR manual says the rattle is the transfer bar (as someone said earlier). Seems like gun manuals are the only ones I ever read.

m4fun
05-06-12, 20:44
I have .38+P w/Crimson Trace grips. Has become a favorite for CCW with a DeSantis pocket holster. Works for front pocket and good deep rear pocket alike!

+P rounds in that short barrel really sting!

Tokarev
05-06-12, 20:55
+P rounds in that short barrel really sting!

Try the .357 Magnum variety if you want some sting! Yikes!

jtmontana
07-02-12, 20:28
I own the lcr with xs front sight and love it for a carry gun. Points excellent and is very accurate with my 158 grain hollow point reloads. Couldnt ask for a better lightweight 38 spl.

MontePR
12-22-12, 20:07
Just bought one for my wife and I have to admit after shooting the little thing... I like it!!! It's the first handgun my wife actually enjoyed shooting. Which is a huge step in getting her more involved in this discipline.

FlyingHunter
12-22-12, 20:57
Wish they made the Ruger LCR in 9mm

MontePR
12-22-12, 21:24

Don't they make moon clips for rimless cases. The same way you can fire .45 acp in a .45 colt? Or am I mistaken

bigghoss
12-22-12, 21:39
Don't they make moon clips for rimless cases. The same way you can fire .45 acp in a .45 colt? Or am I mistaken

Not that you can use in a .38/.357. And you can't fire .45acp through any .45 colt either, it has to be set up for that.

MontePR
12-22-12, 21:58
Thanks for clarifying that.

dmaxfireman
12-23-12, 13:35
Had a second one on order for a while and it came in last week, noticed that the newer of the two cylinders OD cut was not nearly as clean as the first and the trigger was a little grittier. The trigger will hopefully clean up after some dry fire and range time. But for the cosmetics on the cylinder you can see the tooling marks from the lathe on the forward section where the "older" one is smooth all the way around.

red headed stranger
12-31-12, 19:01

I think that would be nice. The 9mm Sp101 was a nice model.

twistedcomrade
01-06-13, 10:26
I picked up a LCR in 357 used at a gunshow. About a month or so later my MIL was having some issues with an ex boyfriend so I wound up letting her keep it since I have other arms. She was okay with it shooting 38 +Ps and I have no doubts that she could use it to defend herself in her home. However, she will not go and get her CCW permit. Some people. BTW, I had to take some 357s to put through it just to see how bad it was. While not pleasent to shoot with 357 ammo, it was not as bad as I expected it to be.

Doc Safari
02-01-13, 14:33
Those of you that have put a buttload of ammo downrange have you noticed any developing issues with durability and whatnot?

Suwannee Tim
02-02-13, 14:00
On a somewhat related note, Ruger is now offering the LCR in 22LR.

On my list. It is not near the top as I already have a J frame in 22 which is close enough to the Ruger for practice. I am thinking about carrying a 22 on canoe trips instead of a 38 and a rifle in the boat. The rifle is a Kel Tec 5.56 mm.

Tokarev
02-02-13, 18:25
Ruger is offering a 22Mag variant now as well.

mag318
02-15-13, 16:45
My wife bought me an LCR in 22 Magnum for my birthday. I like the LCR in 22 LR but this one will have a love more horsepower and much better bullets. The trigger is lighter on the new 22WMR than on my 22LR and just as smooth.

browningv308
02-16-13, 06:57
Those of you that have put a buttload of ammo downrange have you noticed any developing issues with durability and whatnot?

I've owned the LCR in 38 special for about 2 years now and carry it OWB in a High Noon Need For Speed holster all day at work, I have noticed that at the end of the barrel there is a small chip in the finish, not a big deal considering I might end up under a house crawling and climb through attics all day { HVAC tech }. I shoot the thing about every other day and have not seen any problems at all The more it gets shot the trigger gets better and better. Oh and mine has the laser grips on it they have never been knocked out of true yet but do get built up with dirt and such and have to be cleaned from time to time

Jake'sDad
02-17-13, 17:25
Ruger is offering a 22Mag variant now as well.

They made it a 6 shot, while the S&W is a 7. Not a great move on their part.

Alric
02-17-13, 19:02
But the Ruger is available. I haven't found a S&W 351 for sale any of the times I've looked.

Jake'sDad
02-18-13, 02:25
But the Ruger is available. I haven't found a S&W 351 for sale any of the times I've looked.

Grant at G&R has had them, but I don't know about currently.

30 cal slut
02-25-13, 08:42
Anyone come to a general consensus on a pocket holster for the LCR?

Do we need to worry about pocket fuzz getting into and mucking up the internals on this revolver?

Interesting price range on this item, post-Sandy Hook. I've been shopping for the .357 model - lowest price I could find was $499 before tax. Highest I've seen at a LGS was $699.

ImBroke
02-28-13, 09:34

I have been using the Desantis Nemesis. Though it doesn't actively retain the gun which I prefer, it does release every time unlike the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk which will come out with the gun sometimes.

30 cal slut
02-28-13, 09:50
I have been using the Desantis Nemesis. Though it doesn't actively retain the gun which I prefer, it does release every time unlike the Uncle Mike/Blackhawk which will come out with the gun sometimes.

Thanks!

Cheffrey
03-16-13, 19:42
Not that you can use in a .38/.357. And you can't fire .45acp through any .45 colt either, it has to be set up for that.

One thats set up....S&W Governor, 410, .45 Colt, .45 ACP.

bigbang
03-16-13, 19:49

Do we need to worry about pocket fuzz getting into and mucking up the internals on this revolver?

Interesting price range on this item, post-Sandy Hook. I've been shopping for the .357 model - lowest price I could find was $499 before tax. Highest I've seen at a LGS was $699.I pocket carry mine just about every day in a desantis super fly in my jacket pocket (I have my G19 on me the rest of the time).

Tokarev
03-16-13, 19:49
I'd actually like to see Ruger make the LCR in 40S&W for the LE back-up market. There are certainly some nifty little semi-auto pistols like the M&P Shield that the LCR 40 would be competing against but I think it would do alright.

To pull it off, Ruger would need to make some type of moon clip or something and I'd imagine that's probably not something that would be too terrible to come up with. Probably a bigger issue would be beefing up or reinforcing the cylinder to take 5 cartridges. While we're thinking about it, the cylinder and frame could be shorter to accommodate the shorter casings.

Plumber237
05-16-14, 09:48

Just curious, but what tool did you use for that tiny screw? I want to get something to remove it, loctite it, and re-install it but I'm not sure what would work with it. Ruger has their swiss army-ish all around gun tool that I believe has the correct tool, but would a regular small glasses screwdriver work with it? What'd you use?

Slvr Surfr
05-18-14, 04:55

+1. No issues with the holster.

wwdkd
08-15-14, 12:05
I love the LCR. It has replaced my 642 a my carry snubby

WickedWillis
08-15-14, 16:23
I agree with most of you on here. I had the .357 version of the LCR for a few years as my EDC. Trigger was fantastic, I really enjoyed shooting it. That being said I hate firing .357 out of the thing. I would get concussion debris and it made my hands bleed on several occasions. .38 Special +P was the way to go for me in that little cannon. Fantastic revolver.

MontePR
08-15-14, 18:22
What is concussion debris?

I agree with most of you on here. I had the .357 version of the LCR for a few years as my EDC. Trigger was fantastic, I really enjoyed shooting it. That being said I hate firing .357 out of the thing. I would get concussion debris and it made my hands bleed on several occasions. .38 Special +P was the way to go for me in that little cannon. Fantastic revolver.

WickedWillis
08-15-14, 18:24
What is concussion debris?

To be honest with you, I really didn't know what else to call them and I'm not sure what it was. I have very little experience with revolvers, outside of the LCR. Powder, metal flakes, some kind of shrapnel from the cylinder/casing every time I fired the .357 out of it. Am I making any sense?

MontePR
08-15-14, 18:35
Oh... Ok,I totally understand now. I've felt that as well but never to the point of bleeding. Then again the most .357's that I have shot out of my wife's LCR were 50 in a row and I gotta tell ya at first it's unbelievable the fact that it's not really painful at first. It's like a violent wack on the hand thanks to the grip it comes with. Needless to say I haven't done that again. I'm an advanced structural technician in the collision industry and it hurt like a mother****er the next few days to use a hammer in the shop. I shot it one handed btw.

WickedWillis
08-15-14, 18:49
Oh... Ok,I totally understand now. I've felt that as well but never to the point of bleeding. Then again the most .357's that I have shot out of my wife's LCR were 50 in a row and I gotta tell ya at first it's unbelievable the fact that it's not really painful at first. It's like a violent wack on the hand thanks to the grip it comes with. Needless to say I haven't done that again. I'm an advanced structural technician in the collision industry and it hurt like a mother****er the next few days to use a hammer in the shop. I shot it one handed btw.

I am glad I cleared that up lol. One handed was fine, but yeah where I got bit was two-handed shooting for accuracy. I put about 30 rounds of standard pressure .357 through it in a range session, and it was just too much for me.