PDA

View Full Version : HK USP compact disconnector question

Carniemedic
10-05-11, 20:05
Hello,

I just purchased a used USP compact .40 S&W V3. According to CDNN was in excellent condition which I agree. By looking at it I don't think it has been fired much. There is very little wear on the barrel, only minor finish wear on the slide, and the extractor is orange which I understand is normal aging.

My only concern is I noticed that the disconnector has play in it and seems loose. I can shake the pistol and hear a slight rattle which I narrowed down to the disconnector. The pistol seems to function properly, it locks up tight and so far shoots fine. Is this rattle/play normal or is this indicative of worn parts if so which ones should I have changed.

As always thanks for your time and advice.

El Vaquero
10-05-11, 21:28
Are you sure the rattle is from the disconnector area?

When you shake a USP compact, the rattle is from the nylon bushing that slides back and forth on the recoil spring. This is completely normal and is on every USP compact pistol. Everything is usually pretty tight around the disconnector area so I would doubt this what your hearing. Shake it again and see if you can her the nylon bushing sliding back and forth on the recoil spring.

Carniemedic
10-06-11, 05:55
I took the slide off of the frame and shook the frame from left to right to isolate the noise. That’s when I noticed that the rattle was coming from the disconnector. I compared it to my P2000 and did notice that the P2000 has some movement from its disconnector too, but there was no rattle. The USP seems to have a tight sear axel pin, the catch has minimal play, so I’m just curious about the disconnector play.