PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Ind. Khaki

ra2bach
10-07-11, 11:06
I took advantage of the Natchez sale and picked up an Eagle AIII Molle pack in Khaki and was not aware that their Khaki is a light yellow/green - almost like a light OD/strained peas babyfood green - definitely not what is indicated in website pictures...

anyway, I got the Molle version to add Med/GP/Hydration pouches to the exterior, but unfortunately, Eagle is mostly out of business and their remaining pouches, etc. are unobtanium.

does anyone else makes gear in essentially the same color? :confused:

mkmckinley
10-07-11, 11:19
It shouldn't really matter. Kit actually tends to work a little better as camouflage if the different pieces don't match exactly. It helps break out your outline.

I have a TAG/Tacical Assault Gear bag that sounds about like the color you're describing. I don't know if you have access to any of their products to compare but they call it Ranger green on their website. Unless they've changed it it's a lot lighter in real life.

ra2bach
10-07-11, 11:49
It shouldn't really matter. Kit actually tends to work a little better as camouflage if the different pieces don't match exactly. It helps break out your outline.

I have a TAG/Tacical Assault Gear bag that sounds about like the color you're describing. I don't know if you have access to any of their products to compare but they call it Ranger green on their website. Unless they've changed it it's a lot lighter in real life.

thanks but this is going to be my EE/Bugout bag for the car. as much as possible I want it to NOT attract undue attention, ie. I don't want it looking all jocked up with a bunch of different looking pouches.

and thanks for the heads up on TAG, I'll give them a look...

jsummers
10-07-11, 11:57
I got the same pack you did when they first started their sale, and so far, Tactical Tailor, Blackwater, and Blackhawk all match so closely I can't tell the difference. Some HSGI matches, but not all. Those are just about the only pouch manufacturers I've tried so far that have a close color match.

Failure2Stop
10-07-11, 11:58
... but unfortunately, Eagle is mostly out of business and their remaining pouches, etc. are unobtanium.

Wait. . . what?

Erocku
10-07-11, 12:33
Wait. . . what?

+1. I didn't know they were going out of business.

JSantoro
10-07-11, 13:17
My stars and garters, NObody did...

...largely because they're not.

This crops up every single time their stuff peters out a bit on the commercial market. Then, everybody's eating crow once they find out that they were just trying to fulfill orders to their primary contract-holders, meaning less stuff is fed into the commercial market...AGAIN.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4184/redpillbluepill.jpg

Erocku
10-07-11, 13:20
My stars and garters, NObody did...

...largely because they're not.

This crops up every single time their stuff peters out a bit on the commercial market. Then, everybody's eating crow once they find out that they were just trying to fulfill orders to their primary contract-holders, meaning less stuff is fed into the commercial market...AGAIN.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4184/redpillbluepill.jpg

I'll take the red pill and stay in Wonderland.

duece71
10-07-11, 18:41
I got the same pack, same color. Thanks for starting the thread, I want to find some additional pouches for it as well. OP, which hydration system did you end up going with?? Thanks.

QuietShootr
10-07-11, 18:43
I took advantage of the Natchez sale and picked up an Eagle AIII Molle pack in Khaki and was not aware that their Khaki is a light yellow/green - almost like a light OD/strained peas babyfood green - definitely not what is indicated in website pictures...

anyway, I got the Molle version to add Med/GP/Hydration pouches to the exterior, but unfortunately, Eagle is mostly out of business and their remaining pouches, etc. are unobtanium.

does anyone else makes gear in essentially the same color? :confused:

We talking about the old MJK color? I didn't know that was still available.

careboy
10-07-11, 21:27
This crops up every single time their stuff peters out a bit on the commercial market.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/22.gif

seb5
10-07-11, 22:09
When Eagle got bought out I think they dumped a large portion of inventory to Nachez. Who knows why? Maybe liquidating inventory, discontinuing some products or whatever. I should own stock in Nachez just from Eagle and the holsters I bought. When you can buy Eagle M-4 cases cheaper than Voodoo-doo you'd better jump on them.

ST911
10-07-11, 23:05
The Eagle Industries khaki has a decidedly greenish hue, resembling the early British khaki and variations of it. The genesis of khaki is actually kind of interesting, and goes back an extended period of time. It isn't a single color, and wasn't/isn't the tan color most think it is.

Another EI piece, this one an E&E bag.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/Eagle%20EE%20Bag/1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/Eagle%20EE%20Bag/6.jpg

ra2bach
10-08-11, 01:12
+1. I didn't know they were going out of business.

yeah, well, poor choice of words. what I meant when I said they were "largely" out of business, is there isn't a lot of stuff available. anywhere...

I wasn't intending to feed rumors but I had heard that thing about them being bought, about their products previously made in US now being made in Dominican Republic (my pack has a tag saying this), the Natchez liquidation, and a quick scan of their website shows very limited selection with many products being either out of stock or only one color available.

so this is BAU for Eagle? who knew? my bad. mea maxima culpa...

:suicide2:

ra2bach
10-08-11, 01:13
This crops up every single time their stuff peters out a bit on the commercial market.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/22.gif

is there an echo in here???

ra2bach
10-08-11, 01:15
When Eagle got bought out...

ah, so they get did bought out? any details???

ST911
10-08-11, 08:46
EI was acquired by ATK, which has other nylon makers under its banner. No one has gone out of business, but watch for some production realignments.

Legacy EI gear may be worth holding onto for certain consumers.

SeriousStudent
10-08-11, 09:03

Legacy EI gear may be worth holding onto for certain consumers.

Indeed. I just snatched up another slightly used Eagle A-III pack, for exactly that reason, and have a pair of E&E bags.

I'm keeping the Universal chest rig I got from SKD years ago, for exactly that reason as well. I'm not losing any money by keeping it.

HKdog
05-14-13, 15:36
Just received three of the LE CAR 15 Bags from Natchez... definitely not the tan shown on the online catalog. The yellowish/greenish gold described above is accurate. Disappointed with the color, quality of the bag is good. Mag pouches hold one each for a total of four, kinda wish they were double mag pouches. But... they were 49.99!

ra2bach
05-14-13, 16:33
Just received three of the LE CAR 15 Bags from Natchez... definitely not the tan shown on the online catalog. The yellowish/greenish gold described above is accurate. Disappointed with the color, quality of the bag is good. Mag pouches hold one each for a total of four, kinda wish they were double mag pouches. But... they were 49.99!

got one of these as well and it exactly matches the AIII I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I thought the color looked a little off at first but it mates well with the green in multicam...

RalphK.
05-14-13, 16:37
Remember the good ol days of Eagle???...they made some bomb proof stuff

LMT Shooter
05-14-13, 22:19
And it was 100% American made. The rifle cases I got from Natchez 2 years ago are Dominican Republic manufactured. I called the factory assuming (don't bother giving me the definition of "assume") that the may be counterfeits. The factory rep said they started making some of their shit overseas. That was the last time I ordered any Eagle stuff. There are enough other makers who are still 100% American made of the same quality to buy foreign, IMHO.

patriot_man
05-15-13, 01:53
If you can find BAE system pouches their Tan match the Eagle ones quite closely. My RBAV-SF matched Eagle MJK 100%.

The overseas manufacturing is for LE and Civilian lines only. Their stuff is still good in my opinion but the large amount of US made gear by other manufacturers just doesn't leave Eagle as an option for me anymore