PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas - Defensive Medicine - Any interest?

Irish
10-07-11, 13:27
I'm not affiliated with LMS Defense in anyway, other than having attended a couple classes, but I am trying to gauge interest in a defensive medicine class for them to teach here in Las Vegas.

LMS Defense is based out of Reno but has offered to come down to Vegas to teach their class if we can get enough participants to make it worth their while. There's a brief class description on their website here (http://www.lmsdefense.com/course-details/?id=8&cname=Defensive+Medicine).

The Defensive Medicine course will teach you to effectively manage life threatening injuries resulting from a traumatic event until professional emergency medical services arrive. Topics of instruction include bleeding control, airway management, shock and brain injuries and other medical issues likely to arise in the aftermath of a life threatening attack or other critical incident. Do you dedicate as much time to training for the treating of wounds as you do to the inflicting of them? The life you save will probably be your own or that of a family member.

The tentative date for the class would be Saturday, December 17, 2011.

PRGGodfather
10-07-11, 13:40
Chappy and Jeff are good folks. Can't speak as to the class itself, but we most assuredly support the notion medical aid training is necessary to true preparation. Gotta be able to fix ourselves to stay in the fight or stabilize ourselves to fight another day.

Things have changed dramatically over the last 15 years as to CPR/First Aid and other shooter aid methods, as we have learned a lot great information from the Sandbox and GWOT.

We are working with Kerry Davis from MD to put on Shooter's Aid courses in our own AO, as the differences from what we learned about the ABCs when I started as a LEO 26 years ago and what we know today, is stark and dramatic. It totally changed paradigms.

Hope you get this going, and look forward to the AAR.

Irish
10-11-11, 12:42
Hope you get this going, and look forward to the AAR.

Thanks for the encouragement. Bump for interest... Anyone???