PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Extensions

caddishatch
10-07-11, 20:24
I was thinking about getting a plus 2 magazine extension for my spare G19 magazine. I was just wondering if anyone has any problems with their gun functioning when shooting a 15 round magazine with the plus 2 extension.

Tomahawk_Ghost
10-07-11, 20:28
I run some +1 on my Glock 27 mags. and +2 on my Glock 22 mags and have never had a problem.

BTW, have you thought about just buying some Glock 17 mags?

oef24
10-07-11, 23:17
I run factory Glock +2's on my G17 mags and have never had a problem. I have had problem with Scherer and Pearce extensions. For me, they tend to fall off when dropped. Stick with factory Glock +2's and you won't have any problems.
Also, since you mentioned it's for a G19, you can also just run G17 mags as mentioned above. Good luck.

O

ST911
10-08-11, 08:55
I was thinking about getting a plus 2 magazine extension for my spare G19 magazine. I was just wondering if anyone has any problems with their gun functioning when shooting a 15 round magazine with the plus 2 extension.

What are you trying to accomplish? Why not just run a G17 mag for a spare?

If you must use an extension, use the OEM version. Verify function.

caddishatch
10-08-11, 09:21
I was just thinking since I have so many G19 magazines that I would just use extensions on them. I am well aware I can use G17 magazines. Anybody else have any problems with the other extensions?

JSGlock34
10-08-11, 09:22
When adding the Glock +2 OEM extension in the G17, Glock also recommends replacing the stock 10 coil spring (SP00448) with the 11 coil G22 magazine spring (SP02551). I recommend sticking with the OEM extensions.

cougar_guy04
10-08-11, 12:42
I've run the +2 on all of my carry magazines (Glock 19, standard springs) and a couple magazines with Arredondo +5 extensions (Glock 17 with wolf extra power springs). No problems with either of them so far. The first few times I loaded them, the last couple rounds were a bi-atch (luckily, the UpLULA made it easier).

lil'Zeus
10-08-11, 13:26
I have been planning on doing this for spare mags but just haven't ordered the parts yet. With OEM extensions do you feel it would be beneficial to run the G22 spring as suggested?

I just want to order the right parts when I do it.

birdkiller
10-08-11, 14:35
I have been using one of these http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-39 for my Glock 34 in ipsc. They also have a version designed for a Glock 19, but my work only had the subcompact in stock at the time. The subcompact has a little nub that I filed down in a couple minutes. These extensions add +3 to your magazines and, in my experience, they function reliably with the factory spring.

If I am not allowed to post that link please take it down, or tell me so I can take it down.

Thanks,
Cole

Submariner
03-27-12, 15:45

Does anyone know if Glock suggests using a different spring with a G19 and OEM +2 extension?

glocktogo
03-27-12, 16:15
Does anyone know if Glock suggests using a different spring with a G19 and OEM +2 extension?

They don't, but I do. I run the Wolff extra power mag springs on my competition G-17 mags and any mag with a +2 OEM extension. I don't use aftermarket extensions.