PDA

View Full Version : So will anyone ever make an aftermarket PEQ15 mount?

Eurodriver
10-08-11, 13:19
Anyone who's used one knows how the OEM mount absolutely blows.

It appears that there are two hex screws that mount the OEM mount to the laser. Not a large enough market perhaps?

Thanks

cgcorrea
10-08-11, 14:01
Shit man. I could have sworn LT made one. But I just checked and it looks like they only make one for the PEQ-2.

JohnnyC
10-08-11, 15:57
Probably wouldn't work too well since half the mount is part of the polymer body housing. I wouldn't mind if someone came out with a lever for the metal half, but doubt it would work as well as the standard mount. If you're not taking it on and off the gun I don't really see any issues with it.

Eurodriver
10-08-11, 16:04
Probably wouldn't work too well since half the mount is part of the polymer body housing. I wouldn't mind if someone came out with a lever for the metal half, but doubt it would work as well as the standard mount. If you're not taking it on and off the gun I don't really see any issues with it.

I have had PEQ15s shoot loose multiple times after being properly torqued.

Even if you keep a screwdriver handy, after the mount is loosened you lose your zero and your PEQ becomes useless past 50 yards or so.

I am considering loctite on the threads, however I don't want to gum anything up on something I can't replace on a whim.

Dano5326
10-09-11, 19:00
Medium loctite any and all accessories

Eurodriver
10-09-11, 19:52

Your word is good enough for me, I appreciate it.

Failure2Stop
10-09-11, 20:36

It's worked for me.