PDA

View Full Version : LMT Defender 2000 vs. Colt & DD

Straight Shooter
10-09-11, 07:49
Been wondering about this lately.
How do Defender and Colt 6920/6940 and Daniel Defense rifles stack up to each other?
Which has the better/most specs, and what problems or complaints with each model have any of you heard of or experianced?
And, if you had the money for just one, which one and why?

rushca01
10-09-11, 09:04
Seriously.....:rolleyes:

Mark82ndABN
10-09-11, 09:12
I would look at "The Chart" first then use the orange search button. Tons of info.

jhs1969
10-09-11, 10:02
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AqmgMm61Ok7WdExwaG16OENzOEZ1akp2a3Y2NjMxTEE&single=true&gid=2&output=html

These were found under the knowledge base threads, they will answer your'e questions better than anything or anyone else. The information in this chart comes from the makers themselves.

FWIW, I had a LMT but now own a Colt.

mkmckinley
10-09-11, 10:24
Be prepared to get some pushback from some of the other members as these types of questions get asked a lot. Read up on the stickies and Robs chart to improve your knowledge base. It's actually one of the fun parts of getting into black rifles. The weapons Colt makes are the gold standard. A few other companies, like DD that you mentioned, make weapons that attempt to adhere to the same standard and do a pretty good job of it.

To answer your question in my personal use I haven't found a difference in performance or durability between Colt and the other well respected manufacturers that I buy from. But I have many, many more rounds through a Colt so I would tend to trust one of their carbines more than any other. If I had to pick just one rifle it would be a Colt 6720. I would set it up with this rail (https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/ar15-lite-railtm-12-0-fsp-carbine.html) and a Surefire X300 mounted at 12:00, a Vickers BFG sling with the plastic hardware, and an Aimpoint H-1 or Comp M4. That would get me a lightweight, dead nuts reliable AR.

ccosby
10-09-11, 11:25
All 3 are good options and should run pretty much without issue.

Some people give lmt crap for not parking under the fsb but a lot of guns before the m16 were done the same way without issue. Really isn't a big deal.

Past that I can't speak for dd's customer service but I managed to get a bad barrel from lmt and they were very good about replacing it and getting me back up and running(10.5 upper that didn't stabilize 55gr ammo all of the time, ran everything heavier fine). With the service I received I have no problem recommending them.

I'd go with the cheapest one of the 3 you can find in stock that has the options you want or is close to having them. Perfer a sopmod and ergo grip get the lmt. Want a rail get the colt 6940 or the dd with it installed(or the lmt with it for that matter).

RogerinTPA
10-09-11, 12:19
Been wondering about this lately.
How do Defender and Colt 6920/6940 and Daniel Defense rifles stack up to each other?
Which has the better/most specs, and what problems or complaints with each model have any of you heard of or experianced?
And, if you had the money for just one, which one and why?

Your question has been asked and answered a thousand times.

Why are you wondering?

Why aren't you researching and using the search feature to draw your own conclusions?

seb5
10-09-11, 13:18
OP,

With a little research, reading, and searching you will find that it doesn't matter. I've owned all 3 manufacturers carbines. Why don't you pick the one that appeals to you as you likely won't find a quantifiable difference. Either that or do your research.

FWIW my personal preferences among that class of carbine is BCM, Noveske, Colt, LMT, and DD in that order.

VIP3R 237
10-09-11, 13:44
I personally own an LMT and i had a DD and the both ran better than i could. Colt is Colt, they do it right. You can't go wrong with any of these brands and i'd also look into Bravo Company (BCM) I've built a couple guns using BCM's parts and they're gtg. And no matter what gun you get i highly recommend purchasing a BCM gunfighter charging handle.

usmcvet
10-09-11, 13:53
Personal preference here. I have LMT and BCM guns. Colts & DD are great too. You will do well with any of them. Get the one that works best for you and your wallet. That's what I did.

Iraqgunz
10-09-11, 14:12
How many Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Rodan threads are we going to have? Seriously.