PDA

View Full Version : redaction

VooDoo6Actual
10-09-11, 13:10
redaction

SeriousStudent
10-09-11, 15:23
This is the exact same "nuclear option" that enraged Democrats when they were the minority. When Republican's threatened to use it, it was a vast sin against the Republic. So much so that it featured prominanetly on the evening news.

One was a cause celebre, the other is barely mentioned. No liberal media bias at all......

Gutshot John
10-09-11, 16:21
It's actually not the "nuclear" option though there are comparisons.

Look for Reid and the Democrats to go suck an egg when they're in the minority.

I opposed the nuclear option also when it came around last time, knowing that Republicans would eventually regret it when they came into the minority.

The Democrats just slit their own throats.

montanadave
10-09-11, 17:01
I, for one, am appalled, appalled I say, to learn that parliamentary shenanigans of this type are being perpetrated by such an esteemed and august body of statesmen as the United States Senate.

What comes around goes around and the partisan brinksmanship which has become the SOP of Congress will further insure complete legislative paralysis.

I don't care what your politics are, the United States Congress has become a ****ing clown show.

We term-limited the president. It's high time we did the same for congressman.

VooDoo6Actual
10-09-11, 17:38
redaction.

randolph
10-09-11, 18:11
(snip)
I don't care what your politics are, the United States Congress has become a ****ing clown show.

you nailed it.

serving in congress used to be an honor, now its a job for life w/some of the best pay/bennies available in the country.

Have you ever noticed we can send a $60k a year teacher to congress and 3 years later they are millionaires ?

SeriousStudent
10-09-11, 20:54
Ah, thank you for the correction regarding the terminology.

It does make me sigh in exasperation. They are not re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, they are arguing over what shade to repaint them.

VooDoo6Actual
10-09-11, 22:34
LMAO

Good one....

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-10-11, 00:17
Ah, thank you for the correction regarding the terminology.

It does make me sigh in exasperation. They are not re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, they are arguing over what shade to repaint them.

With Zero-voc, non-phthalate, heavy-metal free, Prop 65 safe, asbestos-free, non-bio-accumulating or endocrine disturbing, recyclable paint.

Redmanfms
10-10-11, 05:15
I, for one, am appalled, appalled I say, to learn that parliamentary shenanigans of this type are being perpetrated by such an esteemed and august body of statesmen as the United States Senate.

You are Jack's sense of irony.

What comes around goes around and the partisan brinksmanship which has become the SOP of Congress will further insure complete legislative paralysis.

Which is a very good thing, especially given this:

We term-limited the president. It's high time we did the same for congressman.

Honestly, I'm not too fond of that idea. Here's why: without the specter of being fired by their constituents and the extraordinarily tall hurdles in conducting recalls congresscritters will effectively have carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want. Besides, there is no evidence term limits would do anything to improve the quality of statesmanship.

ralph
10-10-11, 06:53
You are Jack's sense of irony.

Which is a very good thing, especially given this:

Honestly, I'm not too fond of that idea. Here's why: without the specter of being fired by their constituents and the extraordinarily tall hurdles in conducting recalls congresscritters will effectively have carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want. Besides, there is no evidence term limits would do anything to improve the quality of statesmanship.

True, It dosen't seem to me they're too worried about being fired by the constituents,They get fired, they "retire" and and live happliy ever after on their reitrement program that we, the citzens pay for,or go get themselves a nice job lobbying for a communiust counrty,or special intrest. Term limits, for all their faults, would do one thing,It would reduce the amount of time they spend in Washington down to a number of years instead of decades.....

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-10-11, 07:30
True, It dosen't seem to me they're too worried about being fired by the constituents,They get fired, they "retire" and and live happliy ever after on their reitrement program that we, the citzens pay for,or go get themselves a nice job lobbying for a communiust counrty,or special intrest. Term limits, for all their faults, would do one thing,It would reduce the amount of time they spend in Washington down to a number of years instead of decades.....

And make staff and lobbyists the only permanent fixture. What an improvement.

The only solution is to stop making everything a federal decision and force power and money back to the state and local govt where it is easier to hold them accountable. Let's stop letting the federal govt bribe us with our own money.

CarlosDJackal
10-10-11, 09:25
:rolleyes: <--- This is my surprised look.

Irish
10-10-11, 12:49
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. - Thomas Jefferson

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence. - Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson