PDA

View Full Version : I beginning to really hate instant replays...

Belmont31R
10-09-11, 17:42
Every game be it NHL or NFL or whatever every other play gets reviewed. I don't like watching games just to have constant pauses. With using ref's on the field you either get some calls your way or you don't. The constant reviews make the officials look like jack asses.

Plus things like the NFL reviewing every scoring play its become a joke.

ForTehNguyen
10-09-11, 17:46
Plus things like the NFL reviewing every scoring play its become a joke.

no it isnt, theres a bunch of touchdowns that got reversed this season with this new rule. Its a good change so coaches don't have to waste challenges on touchdowns. Referees can see incorrectly and make the wrong calls, cameras cannot.

Most of a football game even before this change is downtime, not sure how you were able to watch football before.

Belmont31R
10-09-11, 18:00
Replays have devolved into calling a dude out of bounds because he caught the ball 3 yards inside, and due to the momentum of the play he gets 1 foot in bound and 99% of the 2nd inbound but his pinky toe touched the line so its incomplete.

Meenwhile we have to sit around for 2-3 minutes to see if a toenail touched the line.....:rolleyes:

ForTehNguyen
10-09-11, 18:13
a touchdown just got reversed on the Buc vs 49ers game on a play being snapped at the 1 yard line without wasting a coach challenge. You expect a ref to make an accurate call on a dogpile of guys between the 0 and 1 yard lines? You would rather have plays like this go unchecked for your mere viewership convenience?

Plays like this can be critical for getting into the playoffs or winning the super bowl, but lets not do it so we can save the viewers 10 seconds.

Belmont31R
10-09-11, 18:52
a touchdown just got reversed on the Buc vs 49ers game on a play being snapped at the 1 yard line without wasting a coach challenge. You expect a ref to make an accurate call on a dogpile of guys between the 0 and 1 yard lines? You would rather have plays like this go unchecked for your mere viewership convenience?

Plays like this can be critical for getting into the playoffs or winning the super bowl, but lets not do it so we can save the viewers 10 seconds.

Yes. Its ridiculous how many replays there are now, and I dont think calling a guy out of bounds because he caught the ball 3 yards inside the line, but because of their size and speed he couldn't get two feet inside the line is right. Oh his toe touched the line even though he caught the ball 10ft away from the line so its incomplete.

I think having constant replays is saying the refs on the field are incapable of making calls, why don't we review every play? Lets have 2-3 minutes between every play so we make sure the spot is 100% accurate and lets put a microscope on every player to make sure no one touched another dude.

Part of a game is the call on the field. Not every call is going to go your way. If the PEOPLE on the field are so shitty lets just setup a bunch of cameras, and have people at NFL HQ make the call on every play......

Palmguy
10-09-11, 22:51
Game duration isn't really changing, and more calls are being made correctly in the end. This is called a good thing.

MLB is living in the freakin stone age with their human element BS. Just ask Armando Galarraga.

There is no reason it has to be either humans or cameras. The best scenario is using both to mutual advantage, which the NFL seems to be embracing. Only questionable scoring plays get a real review by the way.

NFL is two feet inbounds for a reception, no matter your size or speed. I don't know why getting these calls right is a bad thing. When they actually do start wasting minutes on every play to make sure every spot is accurate to +/-1mm let me know, until then the current balance of instant replay really isn't all that horrible.

Magic_Salad0892
10-10-11, 02:16
a touchdown just got reversed on the Buc vs 49ers game on a play being snapped at the 1 yard line without wasting a coach challenge.

My heartbeat went up a little bit.

9ers played a good game today.

variablebinary
10-10-11, 03:19
I prefer the drama of bad calls. Makes for a much more exciting game.

JSantoro
10-10-11, 07:56
Criminals in prison rate all the surveillance and scrutiny that the market'll bear...

...as do all of the unconvicted ones that play professional sports.

SWATcop556
10-10-11, 11:15
....as do all of the unconvicted ones that play professional sports.

One of the main reasons I have become disenfrancised with pro sports. I'll take college ball all day long.

Jer
10-10-11, 12:03
I don't mind the replays on scores but why does it take so long? We at home know before the offense is even off the field if it's a questionable play or not so why do we have to wait so long to see if it needs to be reviewed or not? If it's questionable that's one thing but it just seems that the flow is being slowed down WAY to much before they even know if it needs more time to be reviewed. Let the kicking or 2pt team and the defense get out on the field and if it needs to be reviewed you should be able to blow a whistle WELL before they even get set. If nothing looks unusual then let it go. This crap where they take a minute or two (we've usually seen the replay four times from three different angles) just to say yeah it looks good or no we need to look at it closer is frustrating. In all I think it's a change for the good but it has plenty of room for streamlining.