PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards on the Right to Bear Arms

Don G.
11-17-07, 09:31
Content deleted.

Trim2L
11-17-07, 11:31
John Edwards is a perfect example of why you shouldn't ditch classes in high school. That interview was like he walked onto class for the first time in a week and the teacher asked a question about the homework he hadn't done so he guessed.

Seems simple:

-Ditch ditch class and do your homework

or in Edwards case

-Don't ditch congress and learn your amendments.

Redmanfms
11-17-07, 16:46
Wow, a right to the errornet?

I noticed too that he thinks anybody who has lived here for 5 years has a right to citizenship.

Renegade
11-17-07, 17:05
The word "right" has pretty much lost all meaning.

Nathan_Bell
11-17-07, 17:17
The word "right" has pretty much lost all meaning.

I got into an arguement with a professor about his list of 'rights'. Which was even more college professorial out of touch than little Johny's.

I asked the professor to explain to me how anyone can have a right to a tangible, when he was stating that everyone has a right to clean drinking water and a full belly. He then went Clintonish on me and started playing with the definition of what rights are. The doofus actually stated " YOu have rights to rights."

So when you have learned professors watering terms and the basis of the rights down, you are pretty much guaranteed for the word to lose its meaning.

Striker5
11-17-07, 17:42
College professors :rolleyes:

Some of mine were credits to their field and stand up human beings. Some however are people who could not make a practical living in their field of study aand stay in the safe little world of teaching, getting their jollies off bullying people much younger and inexperienced than themselves.

While i despise Edwards and all his filthy-rich-champion-of-the-dispossesed kind at least he is forthright and, as far as I can tell, honest about his pantywaist lefty beliefs.

Unlike a few guys I could name who have been RINO's for a long time and suddenly start channeling Ted Nugent. It makes me want to puke.

carbean
11-17-07, 21:35
edwards is living proof that people that sit on porch`s and play banjo`s should not be allowed to reproduce.

cz7
11-17-07, 22:21
OK, what is the oath of office means ? are there higher laws for all ? the public servants are not lawless masters !

jlunn
11-17-07, 22:38
The media, and our own collective willingness to by their BS, has thoroughly confused the publics' notion of what a right is. This is our real battle and we are in the fight of our lives. Fifgt (and educate ) well.

BushmasterFanBoy
11-17-07, 23:15
Where do I start? The word "right" is supposed to encompass a great many things, none of which I think he labeled as such. A person has the right to property, this encompasses their own selves as well as their possessions. This means they have a right to any possession they want, so long as they do not deprive others of their right to live. (ie destroying their most essential piece of property, their lives) None of those things he listed as rights are actually rights, only the being able to own a handgun qualifies as such. All of the others are items and things which must be purchased, they cannot be rights, they are products and services. Going back to the main point, the concept of ownership is the only true right. This applies to you and your possessions (including weapons), no person or entity has the rightful ability to tell you what you can and cannot posses or do insofar as you do not harm other's property (either their possessions or themselves) Things that cannot be rights are products and services made by others. A person cannot have the right to be given a college education, they can only have the right to earn a college education; the same can be said for all the other "rights" he listed. Remember, government "gifts" on behalf of a persons "right" invariably is the result of theft from another person. Do you buy stolen guns? Well then there is no reason to accept these "gifts".

(Ironically enough if he had responded to the phrase "handguns" with "privilage" it would have been the one thing I would have agreed upon with him. Instead he replied "privilage" to the phrase "owning a handgun". Sorry John, ownership is a natural right, it is implied with the fact that a person is born, they can own anything they choose as long as it is procured through voluntary means.)