PDA

View Full Version : Which DDM4 for patrol?

Steve1155
10-09-11, 19:22
I've decided on DD but am having trouble on which version to go with. This will be my first AR and will be used on patrol so essentially "could" be a life and death scenario. I'm torn on everything, Carbine/Middy, Standard/LW, Sights/No sights. An Aimpoint or EoTech will be purchased after the iron sights whether standard or flip up are mastered first. This will be my first AR so I have nothing to base off, so my question is what would you go with in my situation AND WHY? I know, I know search, but this is more of an individual opinionated response I'm looking for. Barrel must be 16" per dept regs. NO 14.5" with added FH for 16".

Super Mall Ninja
10-09-11, 19:54
I would go with the DDM4v3 LW. Mid gas system, rear folding sight with standard front sight post, lightweight barrel.

Failure2Stop
10-10-11, 00:01
M4 Carbine V1
https://danieldefense.com/rifles/carbine-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v1.html

The DD carbine length systems are very reliable, but the biggest reason I recommend that one is that you get a pinned FSB with the ability to mount an X300 forward of the FSB at 12:00, which is a great position and light for uses common to the LEO.