PDA

View Full Version : Wal-mart has XM855

powderburn2
10-09-11, 21:43
Hello everyone, first post here so I thought I would say hi. I went to wal-mart here in oklahoma and was going to get a hundred round box of ammo this morning to go plinking around with and low and behold they had the 30 cal ammo cans of federal XM 855 on stripper clips for $149.00per 420 rounds.I had to buy two as I have been thinking about ordering some anyway.I was just shocked to actually see wal-mart with some of this ammo.They only had 4 cans in the display and I bought 2. I dont know if any other wal-marts have any or not but it would be worth checking if you are in the market for some. opened it up and it looks real good. Nato circle cross headstap with LC and 11 on it. Looks like a deal!

PA PATRIOT
10-09-11, 23:15
Seems like a lot of retailers are selling the 420rd cans of XM855 at $149.99, is this first run ammunition that meets Mil-Spec or some lot that didn't make Q/C?

BCmJUnKie
10-09-11, 23:27
How often does your guys' local walmarts stock ammo?

Everytime I go in walmart all the American eagle is sold out.

Cheap stuff goes FAST.

Any idea what the XM sells for there?

markm
10-10-11, 09:01
Seems like a lot of retailers are selling the 420rd cans of XM855 at $1`49.99, is this first run ammunition that meets Mil-Spec or some lot that didn't make Q/C?

No one knows. The label on the can says not for duty use or some such.

mtdawg169
10-10-11, 16:40
I think IG contacted Federal a while back about this ammo. IIRC, it was slightly underpowered and didn't meet the minimum velocity requirement, so it was marked "not for duty use" and released to the commercial market. Should be good to go for range use though.

powderburn2
10-10-11, 18:01
I think IG contacted Federal a while back about this ammo. IIRC, it was slightly underpowered and didn't meet the minimum velocity requirement, so it was marked "not for duty use" and released to the commercial market. Should be good to go for range use though.

The stuff at the local Wal-mart is the first quality ammo. It does not have the "not for duty use" on the label. The lady that worked there said it was brought in for a bone collector promotion last week?

Snake Plissken
10-10-11, 18:35

Cant' wait for someone with a chronograph to disprove that rumor.

markm
10-10-11, 21:27
Cant' wait for someone with a chronograph to disprove that rumor.

Yeah. I know we've found the XM193 to shoot way faster than the mil velocity.

warpigM-4
10-10-11, 22:43
they removed the "not for duty use " Label because nobody was buying it .I even emailed them wanting to know why the label:confused: never heard back from them. everybody I know that have shot it says it is GTG

OldState
10-11-11, 00:30
My Walmart has AE223 for 5.75 a box which is think I prefer to xm193 though the LC brass is more desirable to many.

Have not seen xm855.

A10Burrp
11-19-11, 14:20
I work for the HO and called the ammo buyer concerning this. I was told that it was a one time buy and we won't be replenishing after it's all gone. I was also told it's selling like crazy. So stack deep.

I foresee them finding something similar after this is out due to sales. We'll see.

PS. I bought 3 cans this morning :)

yhmspecter
11-19-11, 17:10
The walmarts in my area have nothing!

weg111
11-20-11, 08:39
FLA Walmarts only have M193 Federal and Remington stuff. If this changes, let me know.