PDA

View Full Version : Aspis Plate Carrier

ares armor
10-09-11, 21:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxODqZ_D-Zo

http://www.aresarmor.com/install/media/ecom/prodlg/sm%20Aspis%20Plate%20Carrier%201.jpg (http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/AA-ASP-PC.html)

The Aspis Plate Carrier (http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/AA-ASP-PC.html) is going on Pre-Order now... We are offering a $50 dollar discount for anyone who pre-orders them. They will be shipping in between 30-60 days.

Goes from 149.95 to 99.95, Available in A-Tacs, Multicam, Coyote, and Black. Click the picture for more information.

Iraq Ninja
10-09-11, 22:21
Interesting.

So, what sets this apart from the other new gen of plate carriers on the market? Where do you see this fitting into the market?

TOMTOM
10-10-11, 01:55
glad to see another option! This looks to compare to the Mayflower APC, but with a few differences (1000d vs 500d, drag handle). Not to mention even at $150, its $60 cheaper than the APC.

I look forward to seeing it in person. I'm only about 1.5 hours from your shop, i'll have to stop by again once they're in stock.

Tom

variablebinary
10-10-11, 02:48
Interesting.

So, what sets this apart from the other new gen of plate carriers on the market? Where do you see this fitting into the market?

$99.95. That's a pretty distinction from the competition.

C45P312
10-10-11, 05:27
My main concern is how it feels when shooting pistol. I found that my old CIRAS didn't cut it because it felt uncomfortable when punching out with my pistol.

docsherm
10-10-11, 05:43
Great, now I have to get some more gear...thanks a lot. My wife is not going t be happy with you. :jester:

Very nice. Again, good job to the guys at Ares Armor. Keep up the good work.

Will the C-Bun take soft armor?

Vash1023
10-10-11, 05:50
will this carrier fit large size plates?

docsherm
10-10-11, 06:32
will this carrier fit large size plates?

"The Aspis Plate Carrier Features: 1000 D Cordura Construction, Drag Handle, Loop Velcro on both the front and back, Internal and external removable C-Buns, moister wicking spacer mesh internal, will fit small through large plates, made in the USA, and comes with our lifetime warranty."

Armati
10-10-11, 08:58
Two cents - not an indictment, just a cursory critique:

The price is great! Especially the pre-order price. I am not sure you can get this price anywhere. If I understand correctly, one carrier will fit small thru large plates? This could be handy for group buys and equipping organizations.

Any chance you might make it for XL plates?

I think it is generally accepted that 1000D is pretty much overkill. Any chance it will come in 500D?

A slick non-MOLLE version would be nice and further reduce cost.

It does not actually have a true internal cummerbund. It has the same sort of side straps that everybody uses. Every plate carrier in the world would be improved by using a light mesh internal cummerbund with an elastic binding.

It looks like the rear plastic d-ring on the shoulder strap will poke you in the back - all day long. Have any of the wearers noticed it?

ares armor
10-10-11, 14:41
Two cents - not an indictment, just a cursory critique:

The price is great! Especially the pre-order price. I am not sure you can get this price anywhere. If I understand correctly, one carrier will fit small thru large plates? This could be handy for group buys and equipping organizations.

Any chance you might make it for XL plates?

I think it is generally accepted that 1000D is pretty much overkill. Any chance it will come in 500D?

A slick non-MOLLE version would be nice and further reduce cost.

It does not actually have a true internal cummerbund. It has the same sort of side straps that everybody uses. Every plate carrier in the world would be improved by using a light mesh internal cummerbund with an elastic binding.

It looks like the rear plastic d-ring on the shoulder strap will poke you in the back - all day long. Have any of the wearers noticed it?

1000D is definitely not OverKill. Esp if we are under the weight of many carriers made with the 500 material.

You are right it does not have a true internal cumberbun. One like you speak of would be easy to make for it. it would increase cost though.

No one has had any issues with the shoulder strap connection point.

Our test group was 10 marines that recently returned from a field ex over in 29 stumps. they were out there for a little more than a month.

docsherm
10-11-11, 04:27
1000D is definitely not OverKill. Esp if we are under the weight of many carriers made with the 500 material.

You are right it does not have a true internal cumberbun. On like you speak of would be easy to make for it. it would increase cost though.

No one has had any issues with the shoulder strap connection point.

Our test group was 10 marines that recently returned from a field ex over in 29 stumps. they were out there for a little more than a month.

Will the C-Bun take soft armor?

ares armor
10-11-11, 11:25
yes the c-bun can accept armor

Armati
10-11-11, 19:18
Damn....

A whole lotta kit for the money.

docsherm
10-11-11, 22:45
yes the c-bun can accept armor

Great, now I have to order one. Thanks. ;)

Vash1023
10-12-11, 15:43
ordered mine.

Romanov
10-12-11, 17:47
Nice to see what looks to be some good quality piece of kit for an affordable price. I've used a couple of your guys' pouches before and they've been solid, I think I'll give this PC a try.

ap1220
10-13-11, 14:34
I'm sold too.

But one quick question: Is payment made immediately or is the charge being held until it ships?

ares armor
10-14-11, 11:43
I'm sold too.

But one quick question: Is payment made immediately or is the charge being held until it ships?

Payment is made immediately... This is standard on our website even for back-ordered items.

The reason for this: No employee at our shop has access to ANY credit card information. No Credit Card information is stored on our Computers. This means that no little computer hacker in Jabuti can steal our customers information.

if there is one thing that can be learned from the Computer Age it is that no system is 100% secure.
Any one that holds credit card information until the shipment is made is opening their customers up to a security risk that we are unwilling to accept.

This policy also means that we are an unattractive target to would be hackers as there is not a lot to gain by attempting to hack our system.

ares armor
10-19-11, 20:51
Sooo... So far we have over 200 Of the Aspis' Pre-ordered.
And in other news our production manager told the sales team he hates us :)

We are still on track to ship within our window though so all is well.

Even though we have big mouths sometimes and have been caught speaking our minds (obnoxiously at times). we were welcomed when we got here, the discussions here are very helpful, there is an awesome knowledge base to draw from and the community is great! This is by far my favorite forum. Thanks Again for being BadA!@ess.

ap1220
10-19-11, 20:53
How long are you running the sale? Is there a specific date before or is it when they begin shipping?

ares armor
10-19-11, 21:36
How long are you running the sale? Is there a specific date before or is it when they begin shipping?

The switch off of pre-order pricing is planned for when we go full scale on the shipping. several will be shipped early for individuals in deploying units that expressed they had an urgent need. those were ran separately through our custom shop though.

Ekbearly
10-26-11, 11:17
Any plans for a ranger green version?

Neville
10-26-11, 21:25
Does it fit non-operator cut plates? What is the maximum rectangular size plates it can take? Thanks!

jgcl05@yahoo.com
10-27-11, 20:44
I've been eyeing this one and the TAG Banshee carrier also. At the price, and all the features, you can't go wrong with an American Made plate carrier under $100! Placing my order here shortly, now I just hope I'm not too far in line so I have it before Christmas! :D

Neville
11-08-11, 14:16
What is the maximum rectangular size plates it can take? Thanks!:confused:

JSantoro
11-08-11, 15:20
Those plate pockets don't look to be patterned for oblong plates, not without stopping where a modern plate design starts to angle inward.

Meaning that even if you got an oblong plate that's the same dimensions as a LG, current-design plate, you could only cram it into the pocket of a LG carrier as far as the width of the plate pocket allows you. It would stop well short of the top, leaving an empty space in the top of the pocket and a bunch of plate hanging out of the botom.

If you have oblong plates, you might want to check out some of the products US Palm offers. At least one of their carriers either accepts those, or comes with a surplus set of plates leftover from an aircrew-armor program, if I recall correctly. I'd link to their site, but it's not pushing through right now.

uwe1
11-08-11, 21:00
Those plate pockets don't look to be patterned for oblong plates, not without stopping where a modern plate design starts to angle inward.

Meaning that even if you got an oblong plate that's the same dimensions as a LG, current-design plate, you could only cram it into the pocket of a LG carrier as far as the width of the plate pocket allows you. It would stop well short of the top, leaving an empty space in the top of the pocket and a bunch of plate hanging out of the botom.

If you have oblong plates, you might want to check out some of the products US Palm offers. At least one of their carriers either accepts those, or comes with a surplus set of plates leftover from an aircrew-armor program, if I recall correctly. I'd link to their site, but it's not pushing through right now.

This what you lookin' for?

https://www.uspalm.com/component/magebridge/us-palm-as-plate-carrier.html?Itemid=102

JSantoro
11-09-11, 14:29
That's the one. Comes with plates, not sure if it can be gotten without.

So that we don't jack this any further: Neville, one of the gents from SKD referred to the Eagle PC w/cummerbun accepting squared-off plates. Worth a look: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92259

Neville
11-09-11, 18:16
Thanks!! Will look at the Eagle PC!