PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the Shooting Sports Industry Treating me like a Dumb Ass!

crossgun
10-10-11, 14:13
You know I'm really starting to get a little pissed at most of the manufactures in the shooting and hunting industry treating me like a dumb ass especially today when they have people on the phones that don’t have a clue!

I myself continue to work in the industry and with over twenty years in I know I have a clue. I do understand that most manufactures deal with nothing but dumb shits on the other end of the phone, like I said been there done that, but damn when I guy knows what he's talking about shut the hell up and listen. Maybe, just maybe you can learn something "Mr. Customer Service".

Today's companies are just full of clueless people who don’t even know the product they try and sale and support to with. To be honest in most of the companies the workers never have ever used any of the products or even shot the shit they make. It’s just getting old and the reason I guess little niche guys are making their mark like BCM. SERVICE AND SELECTION

My issue is with Leupold and their Delta Point which decided to take a shit on me after about 70 rounds. Bottom line is it’s broke! Went tits up! Defective! Don’t work no more! Damn does anyone speak English/American cause I no habla Espanola.

After calling the place I purchased it from they made it clear it was a Leupold issue and just sale them so contact Leupold their wonderful and will take great care of you. OK at this point not so happy having about $700 into this with the additional work done. Call Leupold to be put on hold and informed I’m only 3rd in line and can expect a wait of 3-5 minute wait. Finally, get to talk with someone and he is puzzled and admits he has no knowledge of the Delta Point and wants to transfer me to a tech. I never told him I was a dumb shit and need help making it work he just assumed that there was no way it could be broken pretty much right out of the box. So before I can blink bam! On hold for a tech for 18 minutes! Explain to tech the issue and all I want is to send him back a defective item and want another. Ask how long and get the three week thing. WRONG ANSWER!

Really? And you want me to pay to send your piece of shit item back to you and then wait 3 weeks because you’re busy and its hunting season. Not my problem but really it is, isn’t it?

Tell him what the matter is after I bend his ear and he says WOW! Never heard of it doing that before. As if I made it up and have nothing better to do.

So off it will go and I will wait till hunting season is over to see if they can get it right. I almost at this point want the second one to fail so I can really come unglued!

Guess I should start buying shit like this from Cabela's, Gander or Dicks. Hell don’t forget about Wal Mart. That way I can just walk in and get things replaced at will with no questions asked. Hell I’m just going to start "renting" or better yet "borrowing" my stuff from those guys just so I don’t have to deal with the manufacture.

There is nothing more I hate to see than pallets of so called defective returns on the floor from the big boxes because I know that in most cases nothing is wrong with it and it was borrowed and as a manufacture doing business with those guys that’s how it works.

Guess I have been forced to the dark side as well.

Long live the mass merchant and box store!

4x4twenty6
10-10-11, 15:23
Man that shit is a real shame.

I still hunt with my dads Ruger M77 with a Leupold Scope. He purchased both in the early eighties and survived being submerged in water in my attic! during hurricane katrina. Gun and Scope are still in phenominal condition and the rifle was cleaned by the gunsmith at my last pd as a favor. I killed an 8pt buck with that rifle last season. At 100 yards I was shooting inside of an inch using my 4 wheeler as bench just to check it real quick before i went on a hunt. Such a good combo I can't justify buying a new weapon.

I hope it gets cleared up for you. I would have a monstrous case of the red ass if I missed a few hunts because of that.

Belmont31R
10-10-11, 15:42
You pay for what you get.

My last two optic purchases I had the CEO of one company walk me through the purchase personally, and the 2nd I know if they sold a scope that was defective they would have lent you a comparable scope until the issue was fixed.

J-Dub
10-10-11, 16:21
Aimpoint. Solution to your problems.

SteyrAUG
10-10-11, 17:35
Really a shame.

I can remember when Springfield Armory once made a decent product they stood behind. I can also remember when they started cutting corners and passing the buck.

Result was I stopped selling Springfield scopes.

C4IGrant
10-10-11, 20:28
Boy, glad I didn't sell you that optic. :D

So can I expect you in my shop soon to vent (and pick up a Trijicon RMR)?

C4