PDA

View Full Version : Glock gen3 , gen 4 trigger bar/pull

MP9
10-10-11, 16:47
Hi guys..

I've been reading about the gen 4 heavier trigger pull. The trigger bar has a little bump and a bent at the rear. ( I'll find some pics for a better understanding)

Pic (http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/glockpro/G4TBar2.jpg)

I read the latest gen 3 are coming with the same trigger bar.. so I was wondering if these have a heavier trigger pull as gen4 ? or are kind of smooth like the oldest?

or maybe I am wrong and the trigger bar are differents..

My g19 gen 4 is SD gun, idpa and eventually carry gun so I dont want to change the connector, instead I will do the .25 cents trigger job and see how it works.

Magsz
10-10-11, 16:55
The bumps do add a little bit of drag and increased weight but no, the gen 3 guns are still vastly superior in trigger characteristics.

It is the 5 degree change to the trigger housing that is screwing with the pull weight and feel of the gen 4 guns.

JonInWA
10-11-11, 08:41
There is also the "Gen 3.5" triggerbar, which has a dogleg bend in the portion where the trigger return spring is attached, and a shallow channel for the spring to fit in when attached to reduce spring fatigue/wear at the attachment point. It has a slightly heavier (roughly 6-6.5 lbs in my estimation) triggerpull weight, but extremely crisp break and reset point with the standard connector. With the "dot"/#5 connector, the ideal break/reset characteristics are retained, but the triggerpull is significantly reduced, to an estimated 4.5-5 lbs. That's the results that I've had with my sample size of one with the triggerbar mentioned-in my Gen 3 G19.

Best, Jon