PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint 3X magnifier and twist mount for $299 from Botach

zacbol
10-10-11, 17:01
I know BoTach tends to be hit and miss and a lot of people refuse to deal with them on principle alone, but I couldn't pass this deal up even with the risk:
http://www.botachtactical.com/ai123xmawtwm.html

Aimpoint 3X Magnifier with Aimpoint Twist Mount for $299 delivered (most other places it's around $650-700). I ordered last night and half expected to get an email saying it was back-ordered but I got an email this morning with a tracking number saying it'd been shipped out this morning. I make no claims as to the service (or lack thereof) you may receive but figured it might be worth the gamble to some as it was to me. I searched myself to see if anyone had feedback on the deal and found this thread which convinced me it was worth the risk:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-rifles-shotgun-discussion/128449-aimpoint-3x-twist-mount-350-a.html

I know jonconsiglio posts here though I can't find the original thread to which he refers.

elnino31
10-10-11, 20:41
I attempted to buy a compm4s during one of their "holiday" sales and waited 2 months for shipment and another 2 months for the CC refund. So as long as everything arrives as promised... put that in your win column.

zacbol
10-10-11, 21:21
I attempted to buy a compm4s during one of their "holiday" sales and waited 2 months for shipment and another 2 months for the CC refund. So as long as everything arrives as promised... put that in your win column.
Yes, as I tried to make clear in my original post I'm still assuming the worst. Like I said, it was enough of a deal that I was willing to take the risk and thought others might as well, provided they went in with both eyes open. Thus far, it seems like it will work out. I'm assuming nothing at this juncture however. If it blows up in my face, it will be my own fault.

zacbol
10-13-11, 22:19
The magnifier arrived today. It came with a manual a few small allen wrenches and was in a plain box (clearly not intended for commercial sale). The mount was already attached. I can live with this given I saved at least $300 over anywhere else I might have gotten it. YMMV

http://m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10002&stc=1&d=1318561634

elnino31
10-14-11, 09:47
Good to hear. I just remembered that I ordered a few molle pouches and suppressor pouch from Botach that were shipped very quickly. (Before the compM4s order) I guess they're hit and miss. But $300 new for a 3x is a great deal.

ace4059
10-17-11, 04:49
Is this a true aimpoint product and not some Chinese knock off? How can you verify it is in fact a true and legit aimpoint?

ace4059
10-17-11, 05:03
Can you please verify it is real.
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=97770

I would like to know before I order one.
Thanks
Ryan

wetidlerjr
10-17-11, 06:33
Thanks
Ryan

There are extensive threads on these on TOS (one since deleted) and Calguns and it seems that these were purchased by Botach from an overrun (supposedly from Jordan). From all indications, these are authentic. The deletion of the thread had something to do with Botach's previous problems on TOS. Also, it seems Botach is not an "Aimpoint Authorized" dealer. There is also a warranty issue in that Aimpoint will only cover them with the original purchaser which is, apparently, the government of Jordan. :cool:

Caveat emptor :big_boss:

C4IGrant
10-17-11, 09:01
There are extensive threads on these on TOS (one since deleted) and Calguns and it seems that these were purchased by Botach from an overrun (supposedly from Jordan). From all indications, these are authentic. The deletion of the thread had something to do with Botach's previous problems on TOS. Also, it seems Botach is not an "Aimpoint Authorized" dealer. There is also a warranty issue in that Aimpoint will only cover them with the original purchaser which is, apparently, the government of Jordan. :cool:

Correct. They had their Aimpoint account pulled.

C4

zacbol
10-17-11, 09:27

Caveat emptor :big_boss:
Interesting. I have mixed feelings about the fact it seems I supported a non-authorized dealer. It certainly could come back to bite me if I have issues with the unit, though it's hard for me to imagine *needing* the warranty on an Aimpoint. And really it's no different than if I'd bought a used unit from someone else on these boards:
http://www.aimpoint.com/us/support/warranty/

The warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.
Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.

In any event, I won't dwell on it as I'm happy with the item and I saved quite a bit of money. I will likely not order from them again knowing this now, but it was just too good a deal to pass up.

zacbol
10-17-11, 09:49

Thanks
Ryan
Here are pics of some of the areas highlighted in the Calguns thread for the sake of comparison:
http://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101859722493968312512/albums/5664472321314960257?hl=en

I can make no guarantees beyond that I seemed to have received a real unit (as best I can tell). Caveat emptor indeed.

Singlestack Wonder
10-19-11, 14:33
I guess I'm of of the few who have had no issues with Botach. I've ordered over $5k worth of products in the last couple of years and have always received them in a timely manner. I do call before placing an order to make sure they have the item in stock. On Sunday night, I ordered the Aimpoint 3x magnifier for $299. I received it today (Genuine Aimpoint with lens cover, twistmount, and carrying case).
The incredible pricing they sometimes offer coupled with the fact that I make sure they have the item in stock before ordering, has made taking the risk thus far pay off immensely.
YMMV

ace4059
10-20-11, 03:12
I gave into temptation and ordered a 3x magnifier on Monday. I received an email shortly after that it had shipped. Today it showed up in the mail. I looked it over and tried to prove they are selling a knock off, but every sign showed it was in fact a real aimpoint. The only thing is the box is just white but every thing else passes the aimpoint test and I and indeed guarantee the one I received was original aimpoint equipment. I did not have any problems with botech. So maybe I was an lucky one. And two days for the item to arrive from CA to TX is great.

NongShim
10-20-11, 21:06
I ordered it this summer from Botach. Came shortly after. No complaints. I've always had luck with them.

If you are really concerned about the warranty, buy from a legit dealer and pay full price for it. Just keep in mind how often Aimpoints go down and require warranty service. We're not talking EOTechs. This thing has no circuits. It's a monocle. Don't over think this.

ace4059
10-20-11, 21:21
If you are really concerned about the warranty, buy from a legit dealer and pay full price for it. Just keep in mind how often Aimpoints go down and require warranty service. We're not talking EOTechs. This thing has no circuits. It's a monocle. Don't over think this.

I wasn't concerned about the warranty, I was just concerned with it being authentic. Really the only reason it would need repair is if you broke it, such as from a drop.