PDA

View Full Version : Axl Rose embraces his inner has-been!

JSantoro
10-11-11, 16:43
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8929/axlroseb.jpg

Somebody else, not me:

"You know where you ARRRRRREEEEEEEEE?

You're in the KITCHen, ba-BEEE!!

HERE HAVE SOME PIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....!!!"

Crying....simply crying with laughter...

Quiet-Matt
10-11-11, 17:25
Now this makes me feel old. Axl Rose can't be some fat dude!

http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/axl-rose-fat-530x338.jpg

In this VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVT9mIQPLhw&feature=player_embedded) it looks like he resorted to a rain coat to try to conceal his size.

-Matt

JSantoro
10-11-11, 17:31
"He's been dancing with Mr. ColdStone."

Doc Safari
10-11-11, 17:36
You guys are just hatin'.

He's obviously a huge Meatloaf fan.

(and I do mean Huge). :D

LHS
10-11-11, 18:47
He traded in Mr. Brownstone for Mr. Coldstone.

Armati
10-11-11, 18:59
LOL! Stop guys, your killin' me!

Just WOW.

Maybe he can do a cover album with William Shatner?

Quiet-Matt
10-11-11, 19:56
"I used to eat a little, but a little wouldn't do it, so a little got more and more."

(not me)

Mauser KAR98K
10-11-11, 22:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPXhfue_NI&feature=related

Someone needs to pass the O2 around for him.

Magic_Salad0892
10-12-11, 02:52
Lol. This thread is awesome.

I hate Axl Rose.

sandman99and9
10-12-11, 09:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPXhfue_NI&feature=related

Someone needs to pass the O2 around for him.

Man he sounds like shit in that vid !!

S.M.

sadmin
10-12-11, 12:13
That sucks...I mean he did tailspin into a douche nozzle; but at one time, he was the man. Appetite is ONE OF THE BEST albums of all time. (imo)

eta/

"I been thinkin' 'bout
Thinkin' 'bout brunch
Always hungry for somethin'
That I haven't yet munched"

SteyrAUG
10-12-11, 12:43
LOL! Stop guys, your killin' me!

Just WOW.

Maybe he can do a cover album with William Shatner?

Unlike Rose, Shanter is actually cool and has a career.

Rattlehead
10-12-11, 12:47

I lol'd.

jmp45
10-12-11, 12:54
:blink: I thought it was a Farley

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8929/axlroseb.jpg

PdxMotoxer
10-12-11, 16:32

ok ok i LoL'ed at that.

Someone i did see not to long ago and i was :eek:

I know the beach scen from top gun was way way back and most of us were in better shape in younger years but Val???

"I'll be you huckelberry"
http://www.dennisdiclaudio.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/valkilmer.jpg
pie, cobbler, and anything else eatable!!!

He's pushin 300#

Magic_Salad0892
10-12-11, 20:43
Axl Rose should refrain from stealing other people's ideas.

Karma comes in the form of calories.

Dunderway
10-12-11, 22:15
Fat jokes, really?

Sorry, I'm generally not a celebrity gusher but I loved GNR in the day. So here is my defense of Axl Rose:

1. The guy has to be at leat 50 by now and really doesn't look that bad at all (other than his grooming and dressing).
2. He stayed away from/minimized drugs, and didn't screw his life up like everyone else in rock at that time, including his own band.
3. He was a VERY smart businessman and owns just about all of the rights to everything GNR ever produced. Most people here (including me) can not even fathom that amount of money. The guy doesn't really need a "career" now, he's just having fun.
4. He has banged more centerfolds/models than anyone in this thread has ever jerked off to.
5. Haters gonna hate, or something like that.:D

Dunderway
10-12-11, 22:20
Unlike Rose, Shanter is actually cool and has a career.

Axl will never have to do Expedia commercials to pay the rent.

one
10-12-11, 23:09
I tried clicking the bar to view the larger image but my monitors only so big.

SteyrAUG
10-12-11, 23:44
Axl will never have to do Expedia commercials to pay the rent.

Your hero is a ****ing loser nutjob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose#Personal_life

In early 1986, Rose began a relationship with model Erin Everly, the daughter of singer Don Everly of the Everly Brothers. He wrote the song "Sweet Child o' Mine" for her, and Everly appeared in the accompanying music video. Rose and Everly were married on April 28, 1990 in Las Vegas. According to Everly, Rose had shown up at her home the previous day with a gun in his car and told her that he would kill himself if she did not marry him.[53] Less than a month later, Rose first filed for divorce.

In August 1993, Rose filed a lawsuit against Stephanie Seymour, claiming that she had "kicked and grabbed" him during a 1992 Christmas party at their Malibu home, and that she refused to return more than $100,000 worth of jewelry he had given her as gifts.[53] Seymour counter-sued in October, contending that Rose—angry because she had held the party after he had wanted to cancel it—had slapped and punched her and kicked her down a flight of stairs. She admitted to grabbing his testicles as a defensive measure.[53]

After being subpoenaed to testify during Seymour's case, Everly filed her own lawsuit in March 1994, accusing Rose of physical and emotional assault and sexual battery.[8][53] Everly testified that throughout their four-and-a-half-year relationship she suffered regular beatings that at times left her hospitalized.[53] In her sworn deposition, she stated that Rose—who was an adherent of past life regression therapy—believed that she and Seymour had been sisters in a past life and were now trying to kill him.[8] Rose had allegedly also told her that he and Everly had been Native Americans in another past life and that Everly had killed their children, and that's why he treated her poorly in this life.[8]

In contrast to the debauched image Guns N' Roses projected in its heyday, Rose had stopped using drugs of any kind after the band became successful.[32] However, he did not disavow the use of illicit substances entirely, stating, "I have a different physical constitution and different mindset about drugs than anybody I've known in Hollywood, because I don't abstain from doing drugs, but I won't allow myself to have a ****in' habit. I won't allow it."[54] In the early 1990s, Rose became a staunch believer in homeopathic medicine and began regularly undergoing past life regression therapy.[7] He shared his uncovered memories of being sexually abused by his biological father, which he said had stopped his emotional growth at two years old, saying, "When they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they're right."[5]

Dunderway
10-13-11, 00:06
Your hero is a ****ing loser nutjob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose#Personal_life

In early 1986, Rose began a relationship with model Erin Everly, the daughter of singer Don Everly of the Everly Brothers. He wrote the song "Sweet Child o' Mine" for her, and Everly appeared in the accompanying music video. Rose and Everly were married on April 28, 1990 in Las Vegas. According to Everly, Rose had shown up at her home the previous day with a gun in his car and told her that he would kill himself if she did not marry him.[53] Less than a month later, Rose first filed for divorce.

In August 1993, Rose filed a lawsuit against Stephanie Seymour, claiming that she had "kicked and grabbed" him during a 1992 Christmas party at their Malibu home, and that she refused to return more than $100,000 worth of jewelry he had given her as gifts.[53] Seymour counter-sued in October, contending that Rose—angry because she had held the party after he had wanted to cancel it—had slapped and punched her and kicked her down a flight of stairs. She admitted to grabbing his testicles as a defensive measure.[53]

After being subpoenaed to testify during Seymour's case, Everly filed her own lawsuit in March 1994, accusing Rose of physical and emotional assault and sexual battery.[8][53] Everly testified that throughout their four-and-a-half-year relationship she suffered regular beatings that at times left her hospitalized.[53] In her sworn deposition, she stated that Rose—who was an adherent of past life regression therapy—believed that she and Seymour had been sisters in a past life and were now trying to kill him.[8] Rose had allegedly also told her that he and Everly had been Native Americans in another past life and that Everly had killed their children, and that's why he treated her poorly in this life.[8]

In contrast to the debauched image Guns N' Roses projected in its heyday, Rose had stopped using drugs of any kind after the band became successful.[32] However, he did not disavow the use of illicit substances entirely, stating, "I have a different physical constitution and different mindset about drugs than anybody I've known in Hollywood, because I don't abstain from doing drugs, but I won't allow myself to have a ****in' habit. I won't allow it."[54] In the early 1990s, Rose became a staunch believer in homeopathic medicine and began regularly undergoing past life regression therapy.[7] He shared his uncovered memories of being sexually abused by his biological father, which he said had stopped his emotional growth at two years old, saying, "When they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they're right."[5]

Never said he was my "hero". GNR was banned from St. Louis when I was a kid for walking off the stage. He was charged with "enciting a riot" because all of those wonderful people decided to tear our stadium down and hurt people.

I don't know if much of that is true or not, and I really don't care since Axl Rose is far from one of my "heroes". I do know that a lot of BS gets spread about white male celebrities. Didn't Elvis say something about a black person shining his shoes? No, he didn't, but for some reason everyone will tell you that.;)

I really just think that the rabid pile-on for a 50 year old dude being 10-15 lbs. over weight is very funny. Some people love to hate celebrities as much as some people love to love them.

ETA: I actually do care if he hurt those women as claimed.

Magic_Salad0892
10-13-11, 01:14
2. He stayed away from/minimized drugs, and didn't screw his life up like everyone else in rock at that time, including his own band.

Music artists require drugs to stay talented.

Name ONE SINGLE band who didn't do drugs, that didn't suck.

Queen being the exception.

Kings of Leon - Alcoholics
Marilyn Manson - Cocaine, LSD, Pot, Pills, Alcohol, Sex, etc.
David Bowie - (Read: Marilyn Manson)
King Diamond - (Read: Marilyn Manson)
Iggy Pop, and the Stooges - (Read: Marilyn Manson)
Lou Graham - Ecstasy, Cocaine.

There are more, but I don't feel like going into it.

Collegefour
10-13-11, 04:37
Never said he was my "hero".

I really just think that the rabid pile-on for a 50 year old dude being 10-15 lbs. over weight is very funny. Some people love to hate celebrities as much as some people love to love them.

Dude, I don't care a fig about Axl, but if you think that is only 10-15 lbs overweight, you seriously need glasses. That looks more like 50-65 pounds overweight, and is probably borderline obese for his height.

sadmin
10-13-11, 08:50
Well thats sort of a matter of opinion, but there are many bands who still make good music who are no longer into drugs. Audioslave, RHCP come to mind. But lets get TWO things absolutely clear...

1) Seeing MM on your example list is like seeing DPMS on Robs list.
2) KOL are still drunks and they suck royal turtle dong now.

Doc Safari
10-13-11, 09:05
Fat jokes, really?

Sorry, I'm generally not a celebrity gusher but I loved GNR in the day. So here is my defense of Axl Rose:

1. The guy has to be at leat 50 by now and really doesn't look that bad at all (other than his grooming and dressing).
3. He was a VERY smart businessman and owns just about all of the rights to everything GNR ever produced. Most people here (including me) can not even fathom that amount of money. The guy doesn't really need a "career" now, he's just having fun.
4. He has banged more centerfolds/models than anyone in this thread has ever jerked off to.
5. Haters gonna hate, or something like that.:D

Did I just hear angels singing? I know I just heard angels singing. Anybody else hear angels singing? :stop:

one
10-13-11, 09:08
Did I just hear angels singing? I know I just heard angels singing. Anybody else hear angels singing? :stop:

I thought that was Axl?

SteyrAUG
10-13-11, 12:37
Never said he was my "hero". GNR was banned from St. Louis when I was a kid for walking off the stage. He was charged with "enciting a riot" because all of those wonderful people decided to tear our stadium down and hurt people.

You didn't say hero, but I took this statement to mean you were at least a fan and/or supporter.

"Sorry, I'm generally not a celebrity gusher but I loved GNR in the day. So here is my defense of Axl Rose:"

I don't know if much of that is true or not, and I really don't care since Axl Rose is far from one of my "heroes". I do know that a lot of BS gets spread about white male celebrities. Didn't Elvis say something about a black person shining his shoes? No, he didn't, but for some reason everyone will tell you that.;)

ETA: I actually do care if he hurt those women as claimed.

The weight thing is stupid. Most people do not remain in the same physical condition in the 40s as in their 20s. But the looney shit is right from the horses mouth. Sources are at the link.

"Axl Rose: The Rolling Stone Interview". Rolling Stone. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=56. Retrieved 2011-06-03.

The guy is ****ing nuts.

SteyrAUG
10-13-11, 12:43

Van Halen once said "We used to have a drug problem, now we can afford it."

But did drugs make them talented, or were they able to do drugs and remain talented? Cause for every Van Halen success story I can name 100 dip shit stoners who can't produce a slurpee much less a hit record.

I think having hot chicks who want to blow you is more a factor in making someone talented and successful than bong hits.

markm
10-13-11, 13:31
Why so harsh? :(

He looks like your average ARFCOM member! :D

Magic_Salad0892
10-14-11, 21:33
Well thats sort of a matter of opinion, but there are many bands who still make good music who are no longer into drugs. Audioslave, RHCP come to mind. But lets get TWO things absolutely clear...

1) Seeing MM on your example list is like seeing DPMS on Robs list.
2) KOL are still drunks and they suck royal turtle dong now.

That's blasphemy. Take it back.

I still hate you. But not nearly as much as I do for the MM comment.

RHCP used to do a shitload of drugs, and I'm pretty sure they still do, to an extent.

Audioslave... you maaaaay have a point. However... I still think they're poppin' downers, or something.

It's well known that drugs tend to bring up a lot of creative ideas in music artists.

Coheed and Cambria, Beck, The Clash, System of a Down, Rush, and others also come to mind.

Magic_Salad0892
10-14-11, 21:36
Van Halen once said "We used to have a drug problem, now we can afford it."

But did drugs make them talented, or were they able to do drugs and remain talented? Cause for every Van Halen success story I can name 100 dip shit stoners who can't produce a slurpee much less a hit record.

I think having hot chicks who want to blow you is more a factor in making someone talented and successful than bong hits.

Pot doesn't make you talented, or help creative thoughts happen.

It makes you irritating, lazy, and hungry.

Hallucinogens are what helps creative thoughts happen.

Extreme examples: The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Who. And most likely the Misfits.

ryan
10-14-11, 21:51

Ted Nugent :D

Magic_Salad0892
10-14-11, 23:02
Ted Nugent :D

I said ''good band''.

:p

polymorpheous
10-14-11, 23:08
Mike Patton does not do drugs.

ryan
10-14-11, 23:13
I said ''good band''.

:p

I thought the Nuge was a band unto himself :haha:

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 01:59
Mike Patton does not do drugs.

The Faith No More guy?

They may not have to be on drugs to make music.

But I have to be on drugs to like their music.

No offence.

But if you like 'em, I'll give you the win. I guess. :|

Great example of a band who lost ALL talent after they stopped doing drugs:

Green Day. They kinda sucked before, but they were tolerable. Billy Joe What's-his-face went sober. American Idiot happened. ****ed up their whole career.

polymorpheous
10-15-11, 08:51
Faith no more is his worst venture. (I didn't care for them much either.)
And Patton had said it was just a paycheck so he could make more Mr. Bungle albums.
His other projects include Lovage, Fantomas, Dillinger Escape plan, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, and my personal favorite, Mr. Bungle.

Grenn Day was some of the most watered down punk rock.
Now Billy wants so badly to be Jello Biafra.
Try as they may, Green Day will never be The Dead Kennedys.

Oh yeah, Jello Biafra...
Another fellow who doesn't use drugs.

The Faith No More guy?

They may not have to be on drugs to make music.

But I have to be on drugs to like their music.

No offence.

But if you like 'em, I'll give you the win. I guess. :|

Great example of a band who lost ALL talent after they stopped doing drugs:

Green Day. They kinda sucked before, but they were tolerable. Billy Joe What's-his-face went sober. American Idiot happened. ****ed up their whole career.

randolph
10-15-11, 10:03
people are really enjoying this :p

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27/bilylovec/welcome.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 11:49
Faith no more is his worst venture. (I didn't care for them much either.)
And Patton had said it was just a paycheck so he could make more Mr. Bungle albums.
His other projects include Lovage, Fantomas, Dillinger Escape plan, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, and my personal favorite, Mr. Bungle.

Grenn Day was some of the most watered down punk rock.
Now Billy wants so badly to be Jello Biafra.
Try as they may, Green Day will never be The Dead Kennedys.

Oh yeah, Jello Biafra...
Another fellow who doesn't use drugs.

Alright. You win.

I re-phrase my earlier statement.

Most music artists require drugs to stay talented.

Lol. Dead Kennedys did hella drugs, btw. Those guys did hella cocaine/heroin.

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 11:49
people are really enjoying this :p

He has such tiny hands. :confused:

SteyrAUG
10-15-11, 12:00
Pot doesn't make you talented, or help creative thoughts happen.

It makes you irritating, lazy, and hungry.

Extreme examples: The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Who. And most likely the Misfits.

I'm not really buying that one too much either. Otherwise every dirty hippy from the 60s would have been scary talented and Folk music would never have existed.

I think talented and creative people simply do drugs and bang hot chicks. But neither of those activities makes you creative or talented. Sure you can get "ideas", without a doubt we'd have never heard a peep about The Walrus were it not for drugs, but ideas aren't talent and creativity.

So I'm willing to accept drugs can provide inspiration and source material. I'm just saying without drugs these people would simply make good music that might actually be understood.

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 12:43
I'm not really buying that one too much either. Otherwise every dirty hippy from the 60s would have been scary talented and Folk music would never have existed.

I think talented and creative people simply do drugs and bang hot chicks. But neither of those activities makes you creative or talented. Sure you can get "ideas", without a doubt we'd have never heard a peep about The Walrus were it not for drugs, but ideas aren't talent and creativity.

So I'm willing to accept drugs can provide inspiration and source material. I'm just saying without drugs these people would simply make good music that might actually be understood.

This is what I was trying to say.

Music is definitely better with the drugs. IMHO.

one
10-15-11, 12:46
Because he eats past the food and through his hands.

Irish
10-15-11, 13:25

Another extreme example would be the late Steve Jobs of Apple fame. http://politics.salon.com/2011/10/08/steve_jobs_and_drug_policy/singleton/

SteyrAUG
10-15-11, 14:04
This is what I was trying to say.

We'll probably never know. But we might have gotten a few more Hendrix albums were it not for drugs. I still believe a lucid Beatles would have produced albums equally remarkable. I just think drugs are a lifestyle of many creative people, I don't think drugs create creative people.

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 14:44
I just think drugs are a lifestyle of many creative people, I don't think drugs create creative people.

I don't think drugs CREATE creative people. I think it helps inspire them.

I understand what you're getting at though.

montanadave
10-15-11, 14:54
In my experience, drugs can provide a novel experience which can prove revelatory. For the artistic and creative, the experience can be a rich source of inspiration. The problem arises when folks attempt to replicate that initial "novel" experience. It's only new once.

Like Heraclitus observed, you can't step in the same river twice. And those poor bastards that keep chasing the dragon generally end up either disillusioned or dead.

Jake'sDad
10-15-11, 15:48
Soon, he'll be on the Indian casino circuit, doing Richard Cheese's act, doing him..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dob-usX_rE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7EBuz-2xI

Jake'sDad
10-15-11, 16:09
We'll probably never know. But we might have gotten a few more Hendrix albums were it not for drugs.

Or he might have just gone on to tour with Little Richard or the Isley Brothers for another 40 years......

Or just faded into funk history.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdWfdP3Ekto&feature=related

I still believe a lucid Beatles would have produced albums equally remarkable.

Afaik, none of the Beatles think or thought so.

40 years ago we were trying to convince Mom that the Beatles's songs weren't about drugs.

Turns out, even the one's we didn't think were about drugs, were.......

Got to get you into my life (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=113)

SteyrAUG
10-15-11, 20:34
Turns out, even the one's we didn't think were about drugs, were.......

Not all of them.

The Beatles - Masters Of Snipercraft...

Come together (bullet and target)
A story about a sniper on a mission to assassinate a ChiCom General

Here come old flattop
(Flattop, meaning he’s got an A3 upper or that he’s a jarhead)
he come grooving up slowly
(cool head, always checks his six)
He got joo-joo eyeball
(high power optic on his rifle)
he one holy roller
(top security clearance)
He got hair down to his knee
(wears his ghillie suit)
Got to be a joker he just do what he please
(definite covert op, Company disavows all knowledge of his activities)

He wear no shoeshine
(OD camo, blends in with the locals)
he got toe-jam football
(Codename for the mission)
He got monkey finger
(One shot, one kill trigger finger)
he shoot coca-cola
(HALO Jump insertion)
He say I know you, you know me
(He knows the recognition codes for extraction)
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
(He’s ready to make the world safe for democracy)
Come together right now over me
(Visualizes the bullet hitting it’s target through his scope)

He bag production
(humping through the jungle to target)
he got walrus gumboot
(“Walrus” his spotter is with him)
He got ono sideboard
(His target is in sight)
he one spinal cracker
(A kill shot coming into view)
He got feet down below his knee
(in shooting position)
Hold you in his armchair you can feel his disease
(Target hit, and eliminated)
(Bullet and target have come together, objective reached)

He roller-coaster
(He’s high-tailing it out of there)
he got early warning
(He sees the enemy approaching)
He got muddy water
(Crosses stagnant river to get away from enemy)
he one mojo filter
(Calls in for suppressing fire)
He say one and one and one is three
(He sees the enemy dropping one by one)
Got to be good-looking ’cause he’s so hard to see
(He signals the chopper by popping smoke)
(Recaps the mission for his superiors. Mission accomplished.)

variablebinary
10-15-11, 21:36

And homosexuality...

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 23:34
And homosexuality...

I'm not a packer, but I can't say I see anything wrong with it.

jaydoc1
10-16-11, 19:30

If I hadn't been told that was Axl, I'd have sworn it was John Popper from Blues Traveler with a mustache before he lost all the weight.

http://cbswxrt.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/blues-traveler-performance-2.jpg?w=600

http://www.abearknowsphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/JohnPopper2.jpg

He actually looks better than Axl now.

MistWolf
10-16-11, 23:38
You guys are just hatin'.

He's obviously a huge Meatloaf fan.

(and I do mean Huge). :D

...with plenty of emphasis on meatloaf