PDA

View Full Version : Knights Armament 2-stage trigger opinions?

spanky4888
10-11-11, 19:51
I am looking for advice on this trigger. How does it compare to a 2-stage Gieselle? Has anyone heard good or bad things about this trigger? I am considering it for a 10.5" LMT sbr, that is really just a range toy but I am thinking of using it in some matches. Let me know your thoughts...

ALCOAR
10-11-11, 20:07
While KAC's 2stage match is one of the very few I would trust besides a GA trigger, Geissele's $125 S2S matches it in feel yet remains in a non adjust design.

While you cannot get a S2S anymore, you can buy a SSA which is still significantly cheaper than a $300 KAC unit.

Unless it's already in your lower, save the money and go with a Geissele unit.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/trident1982/DSC00215-1.jpg

sinister
10-11-11, 20:22
While KAC's 2stage match is one of the very few I would trust besides a GA trigger, Geissele's $125 S2S matches it in feel yet remains in a non adjust design.

While you cannot get a S2S anymore, you can buy a SSA which is still significantly cheaper than a $300 KAC unit.

Unless it's already in your lower, save the money and go with a Geissele unit.

The Knight has a very good break but a relatively long lock time (you can see how massive/heavy the hammer is). In my limited experience with them (three privately-owned and 400-ish GI ones) we replaced them around 3,500-5,000 rounds, or when a rifle came in for a new barrel.

A Geissele will out-live the rifle it's installed in.

jwperry
10-11-11, 21:06
The Knight has a very good break but a relatively long lock time (you can see how massive/heavy the hammer is). In my limited experience with them (three privately-owned and 400-ish GI ones) we replaced them around 3,500-5,000 rounds, or when a rifle came in for a new barrel.

A Geissele will out-live the rifle it's installed in.

What needed to be replaced on the KAC triggers? The entire unit?
Sorry for the thread derailment..

kdcgrohl
10-12-11, 09:17
I have a couple KACs(came with lowers) and an SSA.
I'm not a professional, but in my experience they feel about the same. I've also heard the KACs don't have anywhere near the life of the Geissele.

Belmont31R
10-12-11, 09:34
They are one of the better 2 stages out there but I think Geissele's have a bit cleaner brake. I would not buy a KAC unless it came in a lower or complete rifle from the factory. I got two this way, and I put one in my neighbors gun. The other I put in a spare lower Ill use one day.

My two current KAC guns both have Geissele's in them... a SD-3G and a SD-C. I like the flat trigger face and as mentioned they feel a bit crisper.

rezin23
10-12-11, 15:45
Go with a Geissele, they are the very best.