PDA

View Full Version : How short, light and quiet?

bigbore
08-17-06, 20:13
http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/howshort.jpg

the heavy part;)

http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/howshortbarrel.jpg

Was pretty surprised how quiet it is, was actually fun to shoot.

dubb-1
08-17-06, 23:23
That's a trunk gun!:cool:

Boom
08-17-06, 23:53
That's a trunk gun!:cool:

No that's a back pack gun. :D

That would be awesome, to bad you can't conceal NFA guns. :(

Sean King
08-18-06, 09:05
to bad you can't conceal NFA guns. :(

Hmmmm....didn't know that. Just what constitutes concealment?

The reason I ask is I was planning to get a "discreet" rifle case (the rectangular ones) for a range bag for my 27"ish collapsed SBR. The case I found is roughly that size.

If, say I go into a restaurant, after or before going to the range (or go shooting a few hours drive in the mountains)........I didn't want to leave an NFA gun in my vehicle (aren't I at least somewhat legally responsible if someone steals it and commits a crime?). I figured I could just put it in the discreet bag and bring it in. It would just look like a big laptop bag or something.

Is this not legal? What if I get a bag that looks like a rifle case? Is that acceptable? I know in AZ that having a pistol in a holster in plain veiw is legal. I'm pretty sure a rifle in a case is the same way......what I don't know is if it's in a "discreet" case if it's legal. How would I find out?

I was going with a discreet case mainly so I didn't freak people out, since they really wouldn't know what was in the bag. Am I worrying too much about this??....normally with a non-NFA gun, I'd just leave it in the truck, locked up, and try and sit where I can see the vehicle (not always possible).

Sorry for the newb question, but this is my first SBR.

Thanks,
Sean

MadDog
08-24-06, 05:37
bigbore, who makes the barrel you used??? I currently have a 7.5" SBR with an EF Shaw barrel (from Model1) and I doubt the threads are concentric to the bore. I want to use my AAC Ranger can on it and would like to "be sure" I have a quality barrel with concentric threads for this project. Do you sell these barrels? Also, what twist rate on the barrel and ammo weight would you recomend to prevent baffel strikes. I have seen a few of your posts on other boards and it looks like your 7.5" project is successful.

Can you help a guy out?
MadDog :p

QuietShootr
08-24-06, 06:32
No that's a back pack gun. :D

That would be awesome, to bad you can't conceal NFA guns. :(

Um. Wrong. Depends on where you live. Perfectly legal in Indiana with a CCW.

SuicideHz
08-24-06, 11:13
I was going to say, It's legal for me to carry a pistol with a suppressor on it in IN with my CCW permit.

bigbore
08-24-06, 11:16
bigbore, who makes the barrel you used??? I currently have a 7.5" SBR with an EF Shaw barrel (from Model1) and I doubt the threads are concentric to the bore. I want to use my AAC Ranger can on it and would like to "be sure" I have a quality barrel with concentric threads for this project. Do you sell these barrels? Also, what twist rate on the barrel and ammo weight would you recomend to prevent baffel strikes. I have seen a few of your posts on other boards and it looks like your 7.5" project is successful.

Can you help a guy out?
MadDog :p

email sent - but be sure to contact AAC and see if they have anything to say about the Ranger on a 7.5" barrel.

MadDog
08-24-06, 17:40
bigbore,

They say "no go" on anything shorter than 10.5" They prefer 11.5" but will honor their waranty on the 10.5" Guess I will find some other project to spend my money on.

MadDog

Boom
09-17-06, 19:17
Um. Wrong. Depends on where you live. Perfectly legal in Indiana with a CCW.

My bad...Florida does not allow concealment of long guns.