PDA

View Full Version : LE Trade-In G19

okie john
10-12-11, 10:58
Glockmeister has a fresh crop of LE trade-in G19s with factory night sights for $449 + free shipping.

I got one from this particular department's batch a few weeks ago and it was nearly new when it arrived. YMMV.

Okie John

scottryan
10-12-11, 13:17
Did these come with the factory box? How many magazines?

Doxiedad
10-12-11, 13:39
not a bad deal. if only i had the fund right now :suicide2:

BrianS
10-12-11, 14:54
Glock "factory night sights"... are these metal or plastic sights?

Romanov
10-12-11, 17:32

I purchased a trade in G19 from another dealer with advertised "factory night sights" and they were just OEM TRUGLO tritium sights. However, I don't know if that holds true for all Glock models sold to departments.

duece71
10-12-11, 17:45
I have seen some .40 G22s at my LGS and they look pretty raw. How do these G19s look??

Matt O
10-12-11, 22:16
Is $449 a decent price for an LE trade-in G19 these days?

I seem to remember them going for mid $300's a couple years ago, but I could be wrong on that. Or have they somehow gone up in value given they come with the older (and more reliable) extractor?

Romanov
10-12-11, 23:43

I seem to remember them going for mid $300's a couple years ago, but I could be wrong on that. Or have they somehow gone up in value given they come with the older (and more reliable) extractor?

$369 is what I paid for my trade in about a year ago. $449 is only a 10% discount from a brand new gun, seems like it's a bit high.

Matt O
10-13-11, 07:48
$369 is what I paid for my trade in about a year ago. $449 is only a 10% discount from a brand new gun, seems like it's a bit high.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't so excited about the price. Normally I'd jump at the chance to get another LE trade-in G19, since that was my first pistol, but at $449 it just doesn't seem worth it.

Grizzly16
10-13-11, 08:30
Yeah, that's why I wasn't so excited about the price. Normally I'd jump at the chance to get another LE trade-in G19, since that was my first pistol, but at $449 it just doesn't seem worth it.

And exactly the same price as a new glock with GSSF pricing. Not such a great deal imho. Granted these have night sights but only 2 mags.

okie john
10-18-11, 11:50
Sorry I'm late with these responses, but I got locked off of the site for a while.

Did these come with the factory box? How many magazines?

Mine came with two high-cap mags. The box is a blue, foam-lined, clamshell-type arrangement that has no markings at all. I’m not sure if it’s factory or not.

Steel with tritium, not TruGlo. Tritium vials are bright.

I have seen some .40 G22s at my LGS and they look pretty raw. How do these G19s look??

My sample of one is in excellent condition--no scuffs on the polymer, no loss of finish on the slide (even on the edges of the markings), and very slight loss of finish on the top of the barrel hood and on the barrel itself where it protrudes from the front of the slide while cycling. My EDC G19 has seen about 11K since I got it, and this one has a fraction of the wear, so my uneducated guess is that it's seen no more than a few thousand rounds. That said, maybe I got the Chief’s pistol and you'll get one that belonged to a hard-charging SWAT warrior who put a zillion rounds through it. No guarantees...

Beater G19s go for $550 where I live, so it’s a decent price for me.

I have no financial interest in these guns, I just wanted to pass on what turned out to be a good deal and a really positive experience for me.

YMMV,

Okie John

Spiffums
10-18-11, 18:10
I got a new compact 40 about a month ago for $550 out the door (tax and background check)........ how is a used gun worth about $50 less than a new one?

Grizzly16
10-18-11, 18:17
Beater G19s go for $550 where I live, so it’s a decent price for me.

I have no financial interest in these guns, I just wanted to pass on what turned out to be a good deal and a really positive experience for me.

YMMV,

Okie John

Ouch. Got a gen 3 g23 glock refurb with 2 brand new gen4 mags and glock night sights at the gun show yesterday for 460 out the door.

espnazi
10-18-11, 19:06
Couple months back I got a like new G19 with 4 mags for $400 I thought it was an OK deal, I'm starting to think I got a bargain.

djegators
10-18-11, 19:35
I have no issues with police trade-ins, but for me, GLOCKs new under the GSSF purchase program seem a better deal.

Hot Sauce
10-19-11, 01:31
Couple months back I got a like new G19 with 4 mags for $400 I thought it was an OK deal, I'm starting to think I got a bargain.

Where?

okie john
10-19-11, 11:50
I got a new compact 40 about a month ago for $550 out the door (tax and background check)........ how is a used gun worth about $50 less than a new one?

It all depends on where you live. Around here, used G19's cost as much as new ones. 40's tend to be cheaper because more people want 9's.

Okie John

okie john
10-19-11, 11:55
Ouch. Got a gen 3 g23 glock refurb with 2 brand new gen4 mags and glock night sights at the gun show yesterday for 460 out the door.

That's a good deal until you start buying ammo. Gun prices are a lot less important than ammo prices if you shoot much.

Okie John

Grizzly16
10-19-11, 17:28
That's a good deal until you start buying ammo. Gun prices are a lot less important than ammo prices if you shoot much.

Okie John

Yep, but they had a g17 for the same price. Supposedly a g19 as well but they sold out already. Another booth had some beat to crap g22s, g23s and g17s for 320. Sadly no g19s or I'd have picked one up. Most of the police forces around here are .40 cals so not a lot of 9mm trade ins to be had.