PDA

View Full Version : Just a weird question

InnKeeper6
10-12-11, 19:20
I have Springfield Mirco GI compact, that I have been trying to get rid of for a while now. But every person that has made an offer on it has been, what seems to me like low balling offers?

I know that a lot of people prefer the full size 1911, why is it so hard to get rid of this thing, sell or trade? Any suggestions of what to do about it?

Blayglock
10-12-11, 19:23
How much are you asking? For a GI Micro I would be suprised if you get over $550.

InnKeeper6
10-12-11, 19:28
How much are you asking? For a GI Micro I would be suprised if you get over $550.

I have had it listed locally for 525, with 200 rounds, tagua leather holster, and 4 mags.

I have even tried to trade it for a RIA full size and guy would only do 150 for my gun.

Blayglock
10-12-11, 19:42
That is a very fair deal IMO.

InnKeeper6
10-12-11, 19:48
That is a very fair deal IMO.

That's what I thought. Guess I'll just keep waiting it out.

BillSWPA
10-12-11, 20:04
The few times I have tried to sell or sold a gun, the offers I got were unimpressive, sometimes to the point where I would have felt completely stupid for parting with the gun for that price. Today I am very happy not to have sold certain guns.

TANTO
10-20-11, 22:02
I've had to pay 650 for one and 685 for another. Thats what they go for in my area. I just checkered and melded one and putting it together now. While is wouldn't expect a 3" springfield to actually work, i close friend has one that has run perfect, so with some smoothing, it may be a decent gun pocket/backup gun. They do kick like a mule though. The barrel length doesn't really help much though. I'm thinking it might be good in one of those t shirts with the pouch. Just a toy probably

fixit69
10-20-11, 22:36
Just so you know, most look upon short barrel 1911s as toys, inaccurate, and prone to failures of all type. Sorry to say, this has been my experience also.

But hey, there is always an exception to the rule. Maybe your lucky. Keep it and enjoy it.

jenrick
10-21-11, 12:34
Expect to get a bunch of low ball offers before someone is serious about the pistol and buys it for what your asking. I've sold multiple guns for what I wanted, it just took a while. I took on particular pistol to a gun show, and had a vendor actually laugh when I told him what I was asking. Three weeks later I sold it for what I wanted out of it. If you need money fast guns are horrible to sell. If the money isn't time dependent, then they are great.

-Jenrick