PDA

View Full Version : I have the system...now what?

Velcro
10-13-11, 08:28
What I am trying to say is that, "why" do I really want a SPR in 5.56 and not a 7.62 or other larger caliber SPR system? What is the best ammo to use to get the best accuracy...and is it worth it.

I can guess the obvious, but there are people on this page that really live this wpn...I am asking you guys.

I would really appreciate the guidance.

Velcro

ALCOAR
10-13-11, 08:47
What are you going to do with it?....plink steel and target shoot, hunt 2 or 4 legged creatures, etc.

How far do you plan on shooting it?

Are you a reloader, or do you buy commercially avail. ammo?

In a military world, a 5.56 LP(light precision) rifle like the MK 12s allow you to carry more ammo/mags and maintain commonality with the M4 platform in case you need to borrow additional ammo, mags, spare parts like a bolt, etc. Generally speaking the 5.56 rifles have a much better track record for reliability in the field as well but the MWS and EMC are certainly changing that as we speak.

A 7.62 is a lot harder to "drive" than a 5.56 in a precision capacity.

You need to use a narrower brush my friend:)

teflondon100
10-13-11, 09:33
5.56 is a lot cheaper...all the way around. If money is no object go 7.62

Velcro
10-13-11, 10:28
use.......'bout the same reason that I have any of my other rifles. I don't hunt animals, so I guess it would be to have a system that is capable of hitting "a target" at greater distances then the other smaller barreled systems that I have.

With keeping in the same ammo, I would have the ability to have more versatility with my systems.

Is there a optimal round to use in the SPR Application?

Velcro

ALCOAR
10-13-11, 10:49
Most people will tell you super duper MK 262 from black hills is the best pill for MK 12 types, I partly agree however it's generally a waste if you don't intend to shoot past 600yd +

http://i53.tinypic.com/2d7inoi.jpg