PDA

View Full Version : M&P .22 Conversion Kit?

DJK
10-13-11, 16:20
I read a post today on the S&W Forum:

"I have heard from a very reliable source at a well known company in the M&P community that is located in Paso Robles California and has been making our triggers MUCH better for quite a while...

that there is a movement at this company to manufacture a .22lr conversion kit for our full-sized M&P pistols. The word is they are leaning toward the 9mm/.40/.357sig full sized frame for the conversion kits, but wouldn't mind making a conversion kit for our .45 full sized M&P pistols too, if there is enough demand.

Considering the quality of their drop-in duty/carry action enhancement kit, or their reset assist mechanism, or their forward set sear and trigger kits, I'd LOVE to get a new .22lr top end for my .45fs.

They are not ready to announce anything yet, but welcome emails of interest and will make announcements if/when the time comes on their blog as well as their facebook account."

Sounds like those guys that occasionally posts here.:D Does anyone know if this is just another rumor or, I hope, true?

maximus83
10-13-11, 17:45
It sounds great, knowing who you're referring to and the quality of their work. I'd buy one first day it came out. And I'm usually not an early adopter.

That said, I've gotten my hopes up before, and was wrong. I was told, personally, by a leading rimfire company that many of us here have bought from (and that I otherwise have no problem with) that they were seriously planning to bring one out, and that fell through. So now, it's the same way I look at the software industry: not much trust in promises of "vapor ware." When the product is available, I'll buy. Prior to that, speculation based on he said/she said is of limited value. Still, interesting post and hope you're right.

Randy Lee
10-13-11, 19:07
I read a post today on the S&W Forum:

"I have heard from a very reliable source at a well known company in the M&P community that is located in Paso Robles California and has been making our triggers MUCH better for quite a while...

that there is a movement at this company to manufacture a .22lr conversion kit for our full-sized M&P pistols. The word is they are leaning toward the 9mm/.40/.357sig full sized frame for the conversion kits, but wouldn't mind making a conversion kit for our .45 full sized M&P pistols too, if there is enough demand.

Considering the quality of their drop-in duty/carry action enhancement kit, or their reset assist mechanism, or their forward set sear and trigger kits, I'd LOVE to get a new .22lr top end for my .45fs.

They are not ready to announce anything yet, but welcome emails of interest and will make announcements if/when the time comes on their blog as well as their facebook account."

Sounds like those guys that occasionally posts here.:D Does anyone know if this is just another rumor or, I hope, true?
I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in the project...;)

Only that the design is on a napkin in our safe...

-Randy

jmp45
10-13-11, 19:23
I guess I will hold off on a 22 and wait a bit longer and see where this goes..

DJK
10-13-11, 19:59
I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in the project...;)

Only that the design is on a napkin in our safe...

-Randy

Randy - thanks for reply. I'll put my order info on a napkin and send it to you to put in your safe. Maybe with enough napkins, the design will end up on the table.

dirt_diver
10-13-11, 20:37
This is fantastic news...hopefully.

Randy Lee
10-13-11, 20:43
It will happen. I just need to find the time to work on the design. Too many projects on my plate at the moment...

snackgunner
10-13-11, 20:51
This would be awesome.

Im sure there are many others interested in this as well.

ra2bach
10-13-11, 21:22
It will happen. I just need to find the time to work on the design. Too many projects on my plate at the moment...

let me know and I'll come over and sweep up and empty trash cans if it'll free up some time for ya... ;)

Pi3
11-13-11, 08:46
I want one.

CaptainDooley
11-13-11, 11:25
I 100% want this for my 9mm full size and my wife's 9mm compact.

Trumpet
12-28-11, 12:21
Please oh please let the napkin in your safe have the word "steel" written on it.

BravoHotel
01-27-12, 14:50
Hope this happens. Would love to have a .22 conversion for my M&P .45 fs!

dennisuello
01-27-12, 14:56
I have a FS 9, with DCAEK and 9c, would love to have a .22 kit for either one.