PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do with your standard Colt 6920 stocks after you pull em off?

Javelin
10-13-11, 17:26
Just figured I would ask. I would have an answer as to where mine is (or other pre-mod gun parts) but I have no idea! Old gun parts are beginning to be like Alzheimer's patients. They get lost!

On a side note- if anyone knows of where to get one please let me know as I want to go back to a bare bones 6920 just for the hell of it.

:confused:

Jliddle
10-13-11, 21:29
Mine is just sitting in the closet.

spleify
10-13-11, 22:04
I keep all of my extra gun parts together in one area in my garage.

I have one if you are interested let me know

Romanov
10-14-11, 01:40
Spare parts box initially and eventually it goes on the EE when the box is full, haha.

CoryCop25
10-14-11, 01:50
Anyone need one or ten A-2 grips? :jester:

Javelin
10-14-11, 09:57
I have an extra NIB Tango-Down pistol grip that I will not be using. You think that would be a fair trade for someone's old Colt collapsible stock pull off?

KiraX105
10-14-11, 14:37
I use them to fix my .mil guns when PVT Snuffy gets his stuck between the armored roof and back hatch of his M1151 and breaks it. Waiting on the State supply system will mean I have a gun down for @3 months. Otherwise they just sit and collect dust.

ccosby
10-14-11, 18:39
Mine is just sitting in the closet.

Yea I have a bunch of old stocks, a2 grips, and hand guards sitting in a closet. I've given a few away to friends assembling rifles from parts.

Justin
10-16-11, 00:27
Toss it in the box with all of the other spare AR parts I've got.

Every couple of years, I pick the box up, give it a good shake, and a rifle falls out.

:D

buckjay
10-16-11, 00:34
Toss it in the box with all of the other spare AR parts I've got.

Every couple of years, I pick the box up, give it a good shake, and a rifle falls out.

Must be one funny looking rifle!

RiggerGod
10-16-11, 01:34
I have a bunch in the spare parts box(es). But recently I gave a bunch of lower parts (mostly furniture, everything but the LPK and the receiver extension) to a buddy who I brow beat into buying a Palmetto stripped lower. He is a little hard up for cash and is being dragged into the world of gun ownership kicking and screaming!

I'll get him there eventually!

Actually I think that this is just about the perfect use for spare OEM parts. Pay it forward! It can really help get a novice shooter going and one more black rifle in the hands of the good guys is always a good thing!

Eurodriver
10-16-11, 08:33
I have a buddy who used about sixteen a2 grips bolted together with nuts and bolts (drilled sideways through the body) and made a mount to put his scooter on so he can rev the engine keeping the rear wheel off the ground.

As far as stocks go, I don't think there is much you can do with them.

rob_s
10-16-11, 08:37
A2 grips, M4 stocks, and M4 handguards... I think we've all got got a box somewhere with a few in it. Would be great if someone had a good use for them.

EzGoingKev
10-16-11, 08:54
I am not trying to be a dick, but why did you need to start a thread to ask this?

It isn't rocket science, either stick in a draw/box somewhere or sell/trade it off?

I am really am perplexed as why this thread exists.

BigBen66
10-16-11, 08:57
Just filler in the 'ol parts box.

rob_s
10-16-11, 08:58
Could be two things...

First, he does say he's looking for one.

Second, it could be that like the rest of us he's wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas about other things the parts could be used for.

Maybe if we had four of them and some extra receiver extensions we could make an adjustable table...

Celticmarksman
10-19-11, 08:47
Anyone need one or ten A-2 grips? :jester:

How about I trade you 12 for your ten?

;)