PDA

View Full Version : Riggers Belt

St.Michael
10-13-11, 18:58
I am just wondering as I have seen some of you guys run these things as to what they are for.

As in are they run with chest rigs or are they so you don't have to run most of your gear on your pants? Do these belts actually get used by people over seas? I know nothing about them and am just trying to figure out what practical use they have. Thanks

http://www.skdtac.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ARC.110&Show=ExtInfo

Iraq Ninja
10-13-11, 22:53
It is probably the most comfortable belt I have ever worn, and the slowest to get on.

It is thin, light, and strong enough to support a holster and a few pouches. It is not designed to compete with a battle belt.

The idea came from people overseas who modified a similar harness.

rob_s
10-14-11, 07:59
IN, is this an over-the loops belt or a through-the-loops belt?

Looks like a "warbelt" scaled down and intended to take belt-loop pouches instead of the MOLLE pouches of the various warbelts. Accurate?

glockeyed
10-14-11, 09:12
this maybe what im looking for.

Iraq Ninja
10-14-11, 09:23
IN, is this an over-the loops belt or a through-the-loops belt?

Looks like a "warbelt" scaled down and intended to take belt-loop pouches instead of the MOLLE pouches of the various warbelts. Accurate?

Rob, It is a through-the-loops belt, and it is better suited as the belt you wear on your pants, under your war belt. I call it my ghost belt because I forget I have it on. No buckle to dig into you, very thin and strong.

It is my favorite belt for concealed carry, but I only do IWB and thus no idea how it will hold up for mounting holsters or pouches on it.

I got hog blood on it once and it washed up perfectly.

See this video for a better understanding-

http://vimeo.com/26065837

JSantoro
10-14-11, 09:23
Through the loops.

Think of a rapelling/climbing harness with all the leg stuff removed. Made to take YOUR weight, at need, moreso than comfortably supporting the weight of stuff hanging on it.

A blend of rigid and flexible, it'll take 1.5" EDC stuff if it must, and carry it well, but the edges of the belt crimp, which may cause hot-spots on the hips and belt wear. Use stuff sized for a 1.75".

Not so hot as an interior belt for a warbelt, unless you have a sleeve that has its own rigidity (Brokos, HSGI and the like) to make up for what's not present in the H150.

EDIT: Strike the 1.5" brain-fart. It's a 2" belt that'll take 1.75" stuff and roll the edges.

Ranger325
10-14-11, 11:23
I don't have one, but if you're interested Defoor did a video review on his blog back in August (I think). FWIW....................

JChops
10-26-11, 16:23
Here's the video you speak of, Ranger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CM9j0hIyU

I have been using one for a little while now and like it. Some notes:

• They run a tad small. If you are a 34" waist you should be ordering the XL to have enough adjustment. With your accessories mounted you will have a little adjustment both ways.

• As JSantoro mentioned it's a true 2" belt so 1.75" loops will NOT work well unless you want a serious rolling/crimp on the edges of the belt. Highly recommend true 2" loops.

• It fits through all pant loops I've tried so far (jeans, hiking pants, field pants) but it is a very tight fit and you will have to massage them through certain pants. One thing Kyle didn't mention in his video but Iraq Ninja did above: it takes about ten minutes to put this belt on and get it set up with your accessories properly.

I will probably modify mine soon. I plan to cut off about 8" worth of tail. I'm also considering chopping off both tail retainers and accessory loops (they get snagged on pant loops and make it harder to thread through). Also, cut off all the white tags under the swami buckle or you'll constantly be fiddling trying to get a proper joint. When I'm done, I may send mine to someone with proper sewing gear like Robert @ USGG and have him re-do the little S-hook at the end to be safe.

So far, it is the most comfortable gun belt I've ever used. Better than the Wilderness Titanium or the Ares Ranger; no digging in your sides from that extra thickness. It's also considerably thinner and lighter than both belts mentioned and the buckle is about 1/4 the size so it never digs into your body at all.

I can see why this belt took three years to make.