PDA

View Full Version : Mystery revolver

xray 99
10-13-11, 21:53
I've been dating a woman for a couple of months. I learned she kept a revolver for protection but she did not know the make or model. She did know it was a .38.

Knowing she was not an enthusiast, I guessed it was a Rossi or Taurus.

I got to see it the other night and was quite suprised - a minty Colt Agent! The bluing is perfect. Neat.

cathellsk
10-13-11, 23:08
Thats cool.

Funny you mention it, because whenever I run into someone that owns a gun but is not a gun person its always the Rossi or Taurus. :(
Then I have to act all like "Oh, thats a nice gun.", while I'm already thinking of a way to get them to trade it for something nicer. :dirol:

BillSWPA
10-14-11, 11:56
Get her a set of Pachmayr Compaq grips for that Agent and she will have what may be the perfect .38 revolver.

prestonoconnor
10-14-11, 12:17
I have a mint colt agent with factory hammer shroud and blued finish. I also have a matte finished agent. The blued one is much nicer. If crimson trace made a boot grip to fit I would carry it as a backup on patrol. Colt really should bring these snubbies back with crimson trace lasers!!!

Jake'sDad
10-14-11, 17:15
If Colt brought the D frames back with the same amount of handfitting, etc., they'd be cost prohibitive. They'd have to find a way to cheapen manufacturing costs on them, and that's a dicey road. The matte finish guns were an early attempt to bring the cost down.

xray 99
10-14-11, 17:59
Let me add it sports the older, unshrouded ejector rod.