PDA

View Full Version : Rail experts please chime in.

SW-Shooter
10-14-11, 13:57
I have an older YHM free float hand guard system with the anti rotation screw. It has a clamp on gas block/front sight, it has has a permanently installed YHM suppressor host on a 14.5 inch barrel.

The problem is I was a continuous rail or rail system that mates up with the upper rails. I cannot slip off the old YHM rail system because it does not fit over the host, so it would have to be cut off. Once it is cut off is there anything that I could put in its place, again with having to have to be able to avoid the host .

I know it could all be solved by removing the host then the rail system. I'm looking to avoid removing the host.

broylz
10-14-11, 14:03
you cant get the forearm tube or the barrel nut over the qd FH? if its the barrel nut you cant get removed, YHM uses the same barrel nut for most of their free float systems. might look into just swapping out to a different style.

SW-Shooter
10-14-11, 18:17
The suppressor host's diameter is too large to get the retaining ring off.

broylz
10-14-11, 23:20
pictures would be best if you can manage. are you talking about the trim ring that just dresses up the open end of the tube?

SW-Shooter
10-14-11, 23:55
pictures would be best if you can manage. are you talking about the trim ring that just dresses up the open end of the tube?

Yes. I'll snap some tomorrow.