PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this?

dirt_diver
10-14-11, 17:27
http://sassbrassnbullets.com/2011/04/06/the-sevigny-snapfinger-dry-fire-exercise/
I was Google-ing trigger pull and came across this practice tip?
Is it any good? Has anyone tried it?
Thanks in advance...

Javelin
10-14-11, 17:35
Interesting. I would imagine that the mechanics are very similar. When I used to shoot competitive 3-p rifle I played the violin. It seemed to help as both required concentration and the position was somewhat the same.

Who knows maybe lipbalm will be the new shooting sensation? :D

Axcelea
10-14-11, 18:39
There is also clicking a click pen. Pretty much same principle although you can get more practice since its easier to reset and resetting works as well for practice, though your not really able to tilt a click pen but I guess as long as it does a straight back muscle memory it doesn't matter much.

I think it has to have some merit or else it wouldn't be practiced.

theblackknight
10-14-11, 20:28
I will do this. I live about an hour from base, so when commuting, I do gripper exercises to keep my grip strong, so anything else constructive and safe to take up the time is fine by me.

dirt_diver
10-14-11, 21:26
Ha, funny. That is what I did on my way home (20 min or so).
I'm not sold on it yet, but I think I get the idea.

I too was thinking about a clicker pen, but for me I think it might too easy, kind of the 1911 style trigger of random practice devices. LOL
I kind of like that there is a degree of difficulty in trying to squeeze the cap onto the tube squarely and with authority.