10-14-11, 18:27
Did they really make Tan and OD ones or did people just color them? Thanks

Palmguy
10-14-11, 18:30
Some came that way from the factory.

654Boomer
10-14-11, 20:21
Greetings,

Yes . . . about 2005 to 2006 or so (don't quote me on the year), HK made several hundred (500?) in each of these three colors:

Desert Tan,
Olive Drab (a dark green color), and yes . . .
Urban Gray (the light blue colored frames).

Not all USP models came in each of the three colors, though. For example, I think the Desert Tan was reserved for the Mark23 .45 ACP, USP Tactical .45 ACP, etc., but were not offered in Urban Gray. Some of the USP Compact models were offered in Urban Gray.

I never really warmed up to anything but the black frames!

ALCOAR
10-15-11, 02:53
HK SE colored framed USP/C/Mk23 models

Breakdown:

500 were made in each model and caliber offered, however not all models were offered in all colors.

Urban Gray: USPf .45, USPc .40 (1000)

OD Green: USPf .45, USPf .40, USPc .40, USP .45 Tactical (2000)

Desert Tan: USPf .45, USPf .40, USPc .40, USP .45 Tactical, Mark 23 (2500)

The Urban Gray was the most rare with only 1000 made in that color.

The Desert Tan was the most common with 2500 made in that color.

The Mark 23 was only offered in Desert Tan.

My Urban Gray USPc
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/trident1982/DSC00064-1.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/sqm98m.jpg

654Boomer
10-16-11, 05:12
Greetings Trident82,

Thank you for the detailed description. I could not remember the exact numbers nor what weapons were offered in which color, but your detailed description certainly clarifies that information!

Interesting to note that there were no 9mm x 19 weapons offered in these three colors--only .40S&W and .45ACP.

Thanks again Trident82! :big_boss:

ALCOAR
10-16-11, 07:47
My pleasure brother. You had the majority of it already nailed.

Here is the story behind the one I got. Believe this or not...well actually you probably will considering it's directly related to the typical brilliance of the brink N mortar gun store and their typical superstar staffs:D

I had only knew slightly that HK had some SE handguns done with colored frames prior to buying the one I own, and while cruising through my local gun store I spotted the urban ghey..I mean gray USPc 40 and inquired as to what it was exactly. The clerk said some guy just traded it in towards credit for another gun and it was completely nib and unfired. He then says quite frankly he had no clue why it was "blue". So then he hits me with the sales pitch informing me that if I didn't mind owning a "blue" USPc, I could score it for a cpl. hundred less than the comparable black framed traditional USPc they had as well in the very same display case.

Yes that's right...gun store clerk had this one beside another new USPc in black among others, and this one was marked $585 while the traditional black USPc was marked IIrc $875. So I said let me go home and google some shit and I might be back. I went home and did literally 2minutes of googling and couldn't drive fast enough to get back up there to buy it. Long story short I told the clerk that I guess I could deal with the "blue" USPc since he was basically gonna give it to me for half the price of the "black" USPc....but had to remind them that I was after all buying a "blue" USPc;)

100% true story behind my "blue" USPc.

kmrtnsn
10-16-11, 16:02
Trident, have you ever considered running the flat floorplates?

Ranger325
10-16-11, 16:15
I didn't know they were available in three color versions.

Trident - that is a beautiful pistol. I don't know much about HKs and have never seen one before. Very nice indeed................

654Boomer
10-16-11, 16:36
My pleasure brother. You had the majority of it already nailed.

Here is the story behind the one I got. Believe this or not...well actually you probably will considering it's directly related to the typical brilliance of the brink N mortar gun store and their typical superstar staffs:D

I had only knew slightly that HK had some SE handguns done with colored frames prior to buying the one I own, and while cruising through my local gun store I spotted the urban ghey..I mean gray USPc 40 and inquired as to what it was exactly. The clerk said some guy just traded it in towards credit for another gun and it was completely nib and unfired. He then says quite frankly he had no clue why it was "blue". So then he hits me with the sales pitch informing me that if I didn't mind owning a "blue" USPc, I could score it for a cpl. hundred less than the comparable black framed traditional USPc they had as well in the very same display case.

Yes that's right...gun store clerk had this one beside another new USPc in black among others, and this one was marked $585 while the traditional black USPc was marked IIrc $875. So I said let me go home and google some shit and I might be back. I went home and did literally 2minutes of googling and couldn't drive fast enough to get back up there to buy it. Long story short I told the clerk that I guess I could deal with the "blue" USPc since he was basically gonna give it to me for half the price of the "black" USPc....but had to remind them that I was after all buying a "blue" USPc;)

100% true story behind my "blue" USPc.

Awesome story how you came into posession of your Urban Gray USPc. Sometimes those opportunities just fall into your lap! :dance3:

I had only seen one Urban Gray USPc .40S&W on the shelf--no Desert Tan or OD Green. I had just puchased a black USPc .40 S&W a couple weeks before it showed up on the shelf. Of course I am not disappointed with my black one. However, if I had known that they were only making 500 of them for that model . . .

ALCOAR
10-16-11, 17:10
Kinda like yourself seeing the Urban gray model very shortly after you had already purchased a USPc....the day after I came home with this one, I went on GB just outta curiosity to see if they had any of the other ones, and sure enough they had a brand new OD green USPc .40 that I still regret not buying even though it wasn't really even a reality since I had just bought this one the day before. I personally am a big fan of OD grn too:sad: Ultimately at the end of the day, I believe any USPc in general is the most aesthetically pleasing handgun Ive seen to date...well, minus a P7 in hard chrome w/ nills grips;)

Thanks Ranger.

Kmrt, I have several mags w/ the flat floor plates that I will use depending on how I'm gonna carry at that particular time. I stipple the flat plates.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/trident1982/DSC01091-1.jpg

kmrtnsn
10-16-11, 21:59
I converted all of my mags to flat floor plates, it makes it a completely different gun.

LWatson
10-18-11, 23:20
how many were made with a nickel slide?

Carniemedic
10-19-11, 08:39
I would like to see HK come out with a OD green P30.

hghlndr85
10-19-11, 19:03
i really like the grey,well i like seeing it,it would have to grow on me to own

hghlndr85
10-19-11, 19:04
also is there a reason or advantage between the flat floor plate mags over the ones with the lip on them

NoveskeFan
10-19-11, 19:17
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/trident1982/DSC01091-1.jpg

Awesome pic! I now have USP envy...:secret:

kmrtnsn
10-19-11, 19:43
also is there a reason or advantage between the flat floor plate mags over the ones with the lip on them

Concealability for one.

gabuzz12
10-21-11, 21:48
Wow...that is a sweet usp. I've never seen one like it