PDA

View Full Version : XM193: $148/k in June 2006

Submariner
11-19-07, 08:30
Clipped from TOS:

As one wag said, "You guys have to know, Federal wouldn't sell them that ammo at that price if they were loosing money on it!

Why the hell should we be paying $200 more?

Makes you wonder if supply and demand have anything to do with the price hike on .223?"

Maybe ATK honored its contract and took a loss this year, intending to make it up by doubling the price for the next contract term. Maybe...

Originally Posted By WA_PeaceOfcr:
Well, we recieved our rifle ammunition for 2008. 8500 rounds of XM193 for $148.00 per thousand. Next year the state bid pricing will be increased to over double the amount we paid this year (so I've been told).

Knowing what prices are now and what availability is like, I thought I'd post some pics for everyone to drool over! I'll sure miss the pricing along with everyone else!

Also, we ordered in June and were told "10 months" from ATK directly. So, they are a couple months ahead of schedule it seems for any other firearms instructors out there nervously awaiting their shipments.

Here it is, directly drop shipped from ATK (so shipping to us is FREE) And before people start hating me for the ammo and the price, know it is going to good use for training some outstanding police officers here in my department. Enjoy guys!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/bobafett126/IMG_1956.jpg

and here's the pricing sheet, hope you can read it! 2007 is the LAST year these prices will be good for our state.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/bobafett126/IMG_1957.jpg

And yeah, I know it says American Eagle was ordered. ATK called and asked if they could substitute XM193 (like they did last year too) and of course we said, "YES!!!"

and if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll open a case and see what year the headstamps and lot numbers are. Just got them put away and locked up.

Impact
11-19-07, 11:07
man..I want some for that price...

markm
11-19-07, 13:28
That ammo should have gone to the Bump Firers on TOS! :mad:

Patrick Aherne
11-19-07, 14:15
They are probably losing money on that contract. However, they will still honor the price in order to get future business. FWIW, my department is paying about $300/k for XM-193 purchased in 10k rounds lots. Wait is 8-10 months from order.

I think I am going to finally be able to upgrade to Horandy TAP because regular ball ammo has gotten so expensive.

Yog
11-20-07, 01:56
Just remember that Law Enforcement and a few other select groups are Federal Excise Tax (FET) exempt.

I'm not sure what that amounts to, but I'm sure it would be a savings to NOT pay the FET.

Sincerely,

Joel N.
"Yog" (in Alaska)
"Molon Labe!"