PDA

View Full Version : FNX-9

Kfgk14
10-16-11, 18:48
I've been looking at the FNX-9 for a while, it appears to be a good handgun. I'm wrong-handed, so the full-ambidextrous features are very appealing. I'm relatively new to the world of handguns, so feel free to educate me if I've err'd in some massive way.

Thanks.

JHC
10-16-11, 19:50
There are a couple long threads on this board, one in particular has a particularly long trial of one and it was very favorably rated. Greg Bell was the thread author. Search on that.

I'm always interested in lefty friendly designs as I have a lefty in the household and the new Walther PPQ is another design that looks promising for the lefties.

maximus83
10-16-11, 19:51
They are interesting pistols (to me, at least), and a few here are interested in them as well, but I haven't seen a large contingent of folks abandoning their Glocks, M&P's, and H&K's to run these, at least not yet.

A recent thread with some info:
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83282

Kfgk14
10-16-11, 21:36
Thanks for the replies.

Freezerman1
10-18-11, 16:55
I have the FNX 40. So far the gun has run well, very accurate. Worked well for a few matches I have used it in. Concealed carry IWB is a bit difficult due the aggressive grip texture. The factory big dot front sight is easy to pick up. Trigger pull is a bit heavy DA and smooth as silk SA.
XDM and FNP holsters seem to fit it pretty well.:p

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-18-11, 19:53
Fantastic, underrated pistol. I have been blasting with mine with absolutely no cleaning or lube for a while and it cares not. I think it is on the same level as the HK/SW/GLOCK. FN needs to stop barfing out a new gun every week and start pushing the guns they already have in their stable.

An Undocumented Worker
10-18-11, 22:38
Fantastic, underrated pistol. I have been blasting with mine with absolutely no cleaning or lube for a while and it cares not. I think it is on the same level as the HK/SW/GLOCK. FN needs to stop barfing out a new gun every week and start pushing the guns they already have in their stable.

How is the accuracy on the FNX compared to a P30, or a Glock 17